• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BBQ in the making?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.nbc12.com/story/28006956/hanover-hog

Solve the feral hog problem, one pig at a time. Virginia specific + could potentially answer the question of which is best sweet or vingar based sauce. These are important questions, to which we all need answers.

We must root out the solution - conversation to be continued here.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Small black pig, maybe 60 pounds," described Richard Reynolds,

That's not even worth getting the skillet hot. Even baby back ribs are supposed to have more meat than rib-bone. Come back and talk to me when it's put on a few hundred pounds.

In the mean time I'll be mixing together my dry rub.

stay safe.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I know one of the people posting pictures of it. At first glance I thought it may be one of the VAHDA members but it wasn't fat enough. Va law considers all free roaming pigs, feral and can be shot. Maybe I'll drive over there one morning and play Kirby on patrol.