• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Army to institute background checks for visitors

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Making us safe, one joke at a time.

"Patience for a plan the Army says will keep you safe." Really? What are the numbers of visitors injuring or killing others and how many would have been stopped with background checks?

""I don't care for it much. I think what we do right now is ok. Just because you get a background check doesn't mean you're not going to have another nut that's going to break loose,” said Charlie Hughes, a retired civilian worker."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/28015539/fort-lee-to-require-background-checks-for-visitors

Ssssh - just another solution looking for a problem.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Making us safe, one joke at a time.

"Patience for a plan the Army says will keep you safe." Really? What are the numbers of visitors injuring or killing others and how many would have been stopped with background checks?

""I don't care for it much. I think what we do right now is ok. Just because you get a background check doesn't mean you're not going to have another nut that's going to break loose,” said Charlie Hughes, a retired civilian worker."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/28015539/fort-lee-to-require-background-checks-for-visitors

Ssssh - just another solution looking for a problem.

Collective Punishment.

Our hard earned tax dollars at work being wasted.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Take your state-issued ID and get a DoD ID because you use the dining/recreation facilities http://www.leemwr.com/

Open to the general public Prices are no worse than off-base.

Yes, I know that you have to travel to/from disarmed which may be a deal breaker for some. But for others that want to mess with the notion of "we are making ourselves super-extra safe" it's your legitimate reason for being there.

stay safe.

Jack House

So they weren't military, but the point remained that the people doing the shootings wouldn't have been impacted by background checks.

Jack House

Which is true of most crimes committed with a gun - a background check requirement would have done nothing to prevent it.
I completely agree, it's why I oppose background checks and prohibited persons.

People that want to commit a crime with a gun are going to do no matter how illegal we try to make it.

Only the people that desire to lead a law abiding life will be affected.

Rusty Young Man

Maybe they should just make it illegal to murder people on base, you know, to end all murders on base. Heck, make ALL murder illegal in the U.S., THAT will fix everything.:rolleyes:

Only the law abiding abide the law. It is always true. (Truism is a banal cliché to be avoided.)

Give "axiom" a spin.:p