Thread: Anti-Gun Group Calls Murder Victim's Sister & Gets a Shocking Message

North Carolina

Anti-Gun Group Calls Murder Victim's Sister & Gets a Shocking Message

Anti-Gun Group Calls Murder Victim's Sister & Gets a Shocking Message

An anti-gun group reached out to a murder victim's sister to support a push for more gun control laws in Oregon.

Her response left a shocked anti-gun representative sputtering and backtracking.

In 2013, 27-year-old Jessie Doyle was shot and killed by her estranged husband, Josh Cavett.

The anti-gun organization Everytown for Gun Safety reached out to Doyle's sister, Jennie Cochran, assuming that she would support their cause.

Audio of a phone call between Cochran and Ann Wright of Everytown for Gun Safety shows just how wrong that assumption was.

In the call, Wright asked if Cochran would feel comfortable sharing her story so people would understand the need for stronger gun laws.

"I'm very pro-gun, as is Jessie, so I would really hope that you guys don't use her story for anything," Cochran responded. "Because the only thing that would have saved her was a gun."
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-04-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

Bainbridge Island, Wa
    Ha!Ha! Sorry to the late Jessie, but props to her sister.

Jennie so choked up losing her sister. Such a great looking girl - such a vile looking husband/murderer. Way to go Sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    The lady has the courage of her convictions.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Everytown reached out to a victim's exploit the death of a human...for political gain. CLASSIC.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Árida Zona
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Everytown reached out to a victim's exploit the death of a human...for political gain. CLASSIC antis.
    Fixed it for you.

My condolences to Ms. Cochran for the loss of her sister, and my admiration for being steadfast and saying exactly what she meant, even if her voice did tremble.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Chesapeake, VA
    I have to congratulate her on the constraint and poise she showed. I would be absolutely furious if someone cold called me to exploit the death of a family member for ANY reason, let alone trying to use it as a springboard for stealing away rights of the people. Her story should be used for two reasons, and only two reasons...first, for the unfortunate family members left behind to remember her by, and second, to make sure that piece of garbage is locked up where he belongs.

earth's crust
    I would have sounded interested and invite them over for a face to face before a final decision could be made.

Than handed them guns and told them that they have to wear them on your property.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-07-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Giles County, Virginia
    The caller, I note, lied in asserting that you can buy a gun "online" without a background check.

Well, you can *buy* it, but you can't take possession of it without a BGC. Unless they're trying to control black powder firearms, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    ill draw just as fast or faster than someone with a OC holster.