NRS 202.265 Possession of dangerous weapon on property
or in vehicle of school
or child care facility; penalty; exceptions.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person shall not carry or possess while on the property of
the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private
or public school
or child care facility, or while in a vehicle of a private or public school or child care facility:
(a) An explosive or incendiary device;
(b) A dirk, dagger or switchblade knife;
(c) A nunchaku or trefoil;
(d) A blackjack or billy club or metal knuckles;
(e) A pistol, revolver or other firearm
(f) Any device used to mark any part of a person with paint or any other substance.
2. Any person who violates subsection 1 is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
3. This section does not prohibit the possession of a weapon listed in subsection 1 on the property of:
(a) A private
or public school
or child care facility by a
(1) Peace officer;
(2) School security guard; or
(3) Person having written permission from
the president of a branch or facility of the Nevada System of Higher Education or the principal of the school
or the person designated by a child care facility to give permission to carry or possess the weapon.
(b) A child care facility which is located at or in the home of a natural person by the person who owns or operates the facility so long as the person resides in the home and the person complies with any laws governing the possession of such a weapon.
4. The provisions of this section apply to a child care facility located at or in the home of a natural person only during the normal hours of business of the facility...