Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 201

Thread: America's one choice in 2016.................

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691

    America's one choice in 2016.................

    DO NOT VOTE!

    The more American's that remove their consent from a completely broken and flawed system the better. If Americans can come together and ensure voter turnout is below 50% in 2016. Nothing "elected" from city council to "president" will be legitimate.

    DO NOT VOTE!


    Whether it's Hilary or Jeb, a MINORITY of Americans will have put them in their throne of power. If this NON-violent means of defiance is ignored, one other option is left.


    In 2016.....

    DO NOT VOTE! and encourage all you know to do the same.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 02-05-2015 at 10:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    So who would be president if <50% of the voters voted?

  3. #3
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Well the problem is that with regards to the presidential election, it's not decided by popular vote, but by the electoral college. In a "winner take all" setup like the electoral college, even if 49.9% of a state votes one way, the other 50.1% will lead to the other 49.9% to be cast in favor of the 50.1% vote. This basically means that my vote (if in the 49.9%) means absolutely nothing.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137

    Non-participants?? Really?

    So they are not playing "fair", so you will not play anymore. First , let me say that I do not really know any of you , as you do not "know" me. Do not take what I am about to say personally, unless you have some deep desire to beat yourself up.

    This is kindergarten behavior. "I am not winning, so I won't play". Childish. You have seen the obama rising sun logo everywhere. He has organised a large, large number of "low info voters" . Citizenship is a verb. The opposition understands this and has organized to defeat you in the next election. They will rally around "the one" and the rest of us will fall into splinter groups and give them the election. Google "Ross Perot" and imagine this magnified.
    Go ahead, sit on your self righteous @ss and give it away. Think it is difficult now, wait till the next potus rips us a new one. I will encourage every Citizen I can speak to to get the Vote in. We cannot do this again.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    What is all this foolishness? NASCAR is about to start and spring training is around the corner. What could be more important? Please tell me......

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    I hand out free beer for those who, when I go door to door in my neighborhood during the voting season, will promise to vote. I make no demands on who or what they vote for, just get out and vote. I am to be repaid three beers if they do not vote.

    The little "I Voted" sticker is all that they need as proof of their civic duty being accomplished.

    I usually spend about three or four hours walking around the neighborhood, Red Rider wagon with cooler in tow. I usually end up providing about seven or eight beers and have yet to be repaid as indicated above.

    Had a newer resident ask me why I did not knock on his door, I retorted, "Mow your lawn and I just may, make sure to remove that stick with the ordinance violation stuck in your front yard to avoid injury."

    He mowed, I offered him a beer. He did not vote and, to my surprise, paid his penance. He is not a gun guy, has a Rem 870 and #8 steel shot for home defense. He dutifully cleans the shotty once every three months then replaces it nex to his bed. I am not sure if the shotty has ever been fired.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    The more American's that remove their consent from a completely broken and flawed system the better. If Americans can come together and ensure voter turnout is below 50% in 2016. Nothing "elected" from city council to "president" will be legitimate.
    Bad idea and bad premise. Bad enough to make me question motives.

    For better or worse, and with very rare exception, elections in our nation do not require a majority of all eligible or even registered voters to win, but only a plurality of those who bothered to vote.

    When gun owners show up in force, we affect the outcome of the elections. See the '94 congressional elections and 2000 presidential elections in which gun grabbers were defeated as prime examples. The results of these elections have minimized federal attacks on our RKBA. They were also instrumental in getting National Park carry put into federal law and signed by none other than Obama.

    When gun owners don't show up (including because they don't like either presidential candidate) we end up with 8 years of Obama and too many years of those most hostile to our RKBA controlling congress.

    Show up and vote. Even if you can't bring yourself to vote for either major presidential candidate, get informed, show up, and vote. Get informed and vote in congressional races, your State's gubernatorial and legislative races, your county sheriff's race, school board elections, and city elections. Be doubly sure to vote in primary races. If there is some process (perhaps within a political party) that takes place before the primary, get involved with that and exert whatever influence you can at that level. This is all much easier than trying to protect and advance our RKBA after elections are over and the worst candidate got elected because gun owners stayed home.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    So they are not playing "fair", so you will not play anymore. First , let me say that I do not really know any of you , as you do not "know" me. Do not take what I am about to say personally, unless you have some deep desire to beat yourself up.

    This is kindergarten behavior. "I am not winning, so I won't play". Childish. You have seen the obama rising sun logo everywhere. He has organised a large, large number of "low info voters" . Citizenship is a verb. The opposition understands this and has organized to defeat you in the next election. They will rally around "the one" and the rest of us will fall into splinter groups and give them the election. Google "Ross Perot" and imagine this magnified.
    Go ahead, sit on your self righteous @ss and give it away. Think it is difficult now, wait till the next potus rips us a new one. I will encourage every Citizen I can speak to to get the Vote in. We cannot do this again.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I hand out free beer for those who, when I go door to door in my neighborhood during the voting season, will promise to vote. I make no demands on who or what they vote for, just get out and vote. I am to be repaid three beers if they do not vote.

    The little "I Voted" sticker is all that they need as proof of their civic duty being accomplished.

    I usually spend about three or four hours walking around the neighborhood, Red Rider wagon with cooler in tow. I usually end up providing about seven or eight beers and have yet to be repaid as indicated above.

    Had a newer resident ask me why I did not knock on his door, I retorted, "Mow your lawn and I just may, make sure to remove that stick with the ordinance violation stuck in your front yard to avoid injury."

    He mowed, I offered him a beer. He did not vote and, to my surprise, paid his penance. He is not a gun guy, has a Rem 870 and #8 steel shot for home defense. He dutifully cleans the shotty once every three months then replaces it nex to his bed. I am not sure if the shotty has ever been fired.
    +1
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  9. #9
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I probably won't vote, but I'm not kidding myself into a delusion where my non-vote "wins" anything. It's just a personal choice. Horrible tactic though.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    I will vote a complete ballot. I will vote for every Constitution Party candidate, and against every progressive candidate, and against any implied tax increase and against the local school financing referendum. The administrator of the smallest school district in the state, with one school building and about sixty K-12 students, gets paid the same as the administrator of the largest school district.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    voter apathy is exactly why.........

    Fascists like Obama are elected. Even if your personal vote means very little, you have absolutely no hope of changing anything if you don't vote. In addition, in my book, you have no right to complain if you don't vote either.

    But then, the government wants us to be like sheep anyhow, just contentedly grazing on the land not worrying about tomorrow. The real danger we now face is that even after the Liar in Chief proclaimed that every one of his policies was on the ballot in the last election, and despite the fact that his policies were soundly rejected by the voter mandate, he is still going ahead with what he wants to do despite what the voters said. This is a real scary prospect and if we don't do something as citizens to stand up to this kind of arrogance, we will soon truly be in a fascist state.
    Last edited by RK3369; 02-06-2015 at 04:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153

    Voter apathy is exactly why...

    Quote Originally Posted by RK3369 View Post
    ... Fascists like Obama are elected.[ ... ]This is a real scary prospect and if we don't do something as citizens to stand up to this kind of arrogance, we will soon truly be in a fascist state.
    Interesting. So you prefer, and suggest we prefer, fascism to communism? What precisely does fascism mean in your use? Compare and contrast fascism and communism. If you don't see communism as quite the opposite of fascism, what do you see as its opposite?

    What politics does the H8'd John Birch Society advocate?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    So they are not playing "fair", so you will not play anymore. First , let me say that I do not really know any of you , as you do not "know" me. Do not take what I am about to say personally, unless you have some deep desire to beat yourself up.

    This is kindergarten behavior. "I am not winning, so I won't play". Childish. You have seen the obama rising sun logo everywhere. He has organised a large, large number of "low info voters" . Citizenship is a verb. The opposition understands this and has organized to defeat you in the next election. They will rally around "the one" and the rest of us will fall into splinter groups and give them the election. Google "Ross Perot" and imagine this magnified.
    Go ahead, sit on your self righteous @ss and give it away. Think it is difficult now, wait till the next potus rips us a new one. I will encourage every Citizen I can speak to to get the Vote in. We cannot do this again.

    You think the current election system and the "Representatives" we supposedly choose is going to be reformed or turned back in the right direction from voting??????

    Delusional at best.


    Were the founders of this nation and those that fought for it "childish" for not "playing" with the King? What we have today in this country in terms of taxes and lost freedoms makes the grievances the colonists had against the King look insignificant. I am pretty certain they are all turning in their graves over what this nation and it's citizens have devolved into.

    Go ahead and "vote", dont expect anything to come of it other than further destruction of the USA even if the victor had an "R" after his name.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    You think the current election system and the "Representatives" we supposedly choose is going to be reformed or turned back in the right direction from voting??????

    Delusional at best.


    Were the founders of this nation and those that fought for it "childish" for not "playing" with the King? What we have today in this country in terms of taxes and lost freedoms makes the grievances the colonists had against the King look insignificant. I am pretty certain they are all turning in their graves over what this nation and it's citizens have devolved into.

    Go ahead and "vote", dont expect anything to come of it other than further destruction of the USA even if the victor had an "R" after his name.
    Good job brother. Only one over use of ????. And no capital letters strewn about.

    Well done. Making progress is getting a message across. Too bad its bat **** crazy.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    I suggest, nor do I prefer.........

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Interesting. So you prefer, and suggest we prefer, fascism to communism? What precisely does fascism mean in your use? Compare and contrast fascism and communism. If you don't see communism as quite the opposite of fascism, what do you see as its opposite?

    What politics does the H8'd John Birch Society advocate?
    Fascism to Communism. I prefer representative Democracy however I fear we no longer have that when the "leader" of the system does pretty much whatever he wants despite what the electorate tells him by their votes. In my mind, Fascism represents a system where the leader decides what is correct for all, which is largely a decision tainted by his or her own political or social leanings. Communism reflects the communal decision of what is best for all. Obviously neither works particularly well other than in a purely utopian state. What I believe we have is a leader who does what he wants despite what others say, including supposedly equal branches of the governmental system. Thus, in my definition, we have a Fascist leader who is detached and unresponsive to the electorate or other parts of the government. Not what I believe was intended under the constitution.

    Did find some definitional stuff regarding the two:

    "In simple words, Communism means state ownership and fascism means state control."

    I guess if I had to state what I thought Obama was in to, it would be to increase "state" (ie. Federal) control over everything. Thus to me, he represents a Fascist influence.
    Last edited by RK3369; 02-06-2015 at 05:11 PM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member wittmeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New Castle, Va
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So who would be president if <50% of the voters voted?
    ^^^ Yep, this is a problem.

    Jeff. State - Unfortunately there is no "None of the above" boxes on the ballot. If you don't vote, you are allowing the 50% to be obtained more easily for the wrong person. You cannot stop them by not voting. Our system does not work that way.
    Last edited by wittmeba; 02-06-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    I was born in Great Falls, Mt. My parents moved when I was 5. I found them when I was 9. They were in California.

  17. #17
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So who would be president if <50% of the voters voted?
    So you presume to be an expert on how to fix the current system but you don't even know how the current system works? Do you work in a human resource department by chance? Or in some large government bureaucracy?

    Whomever won the electoral vote. In every State of which I'm aware, those votes would be awarded to whichever ballot qualified candidate received a plurality of the votes cast. It mattes not whether that is 100% of eligible or registered voters, or 1% or less of the voters.

    Those that show up, make the decisions; for both better and for worse.

    You can force them to outvote you, or you can make that easy by not showing up at all.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  18. #18
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    I always vote. I always vote for anyone NOT R or D.
    I've never voted for anyone who won lol
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  19. #19
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,276
    You can't change a river by sitting on the bank complaining about dry fields. Sure it is a slow process but the lack of involvement is what allowed it to get this way, that and lack of interest.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
    ^^^ Yep, this is a problem.

    Jeff. State - Unfortunately there is no "None of the above" boxes on the ballot. If you don't vote, you are allowing the 50% to be obtained more easily for the wrong person. You cannot stop them by not voting. Our system does not work that way.
    Your entire statement is nullified by your last sentence. In case some of you haven't noticed, "our system" NO LONGER WORKS! We have no "Representation" from our local all the way to DC governments. The nations Debt is insurmountable, our education system has been intentionally reduced to a joke, more than half our population requires Government "assistance", more than half of our (producers) income is STOLEN BY THREAT OF FORCE, the list is truly endless.

    You all keep propping up the falacy that voting works. I believe that if the population comes to some sort of realization that voting continues our decent instead of taking other "action" we actually may see some "change" from our "Representatives" purely out of fear of what our "action" may be.

    40, 35, 30% voter turnout would send a message that the population has grown tired of the charade, and we aren't buying it or accepting it any longer.

    You can't change a river by sitting on the bank complaining about dry fields. Sure it is a slow process but the lack of involvement is what allowed it to get this way, that and lack of interest.
    In the last 20 plus years a significant percentage of Americans have been extremely "involved" on both the R and D side. Problem is they dont realize those they are sending to DC or elsewhere are working towards the same goal. Complete Government control in every aspect of OUR lives, that is a fact.

    The "river" you are talking about diverting to dry fields is at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and the dry fields are at the top of the North Rim. Best pick a different river/system because the diversion/REFORM is impossible.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 02-07-2015 at 10:35 AM.

  21. #21
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Your entire statement is nullified by your last sentence. In case some of you haven't noticed, "our system" NO LONGER WORKS!
    The system works very well. Just see my signature.
    It's like playing a game with a small child that makes up the rules in order for him to win every time. Cute when a 3yo does it. Not so much for a government.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    [ ... ] It's like playing a game with a small child that makes up the rules in order for him to win every time. Cute when a 3yo does it. Not so much for a government.
    The rule of little men versus the rule of law.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    It's like playing a game with a small child that makes up the rules in order for him to win every time. Cute when a 3yo does it. Not so much for a government.
    Do you mind if I use your words for my signature line? That is some cold hard truth in as few words as possible.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    20
    With every election, voter apathy rises. As voter apathy rises, politicians, no matter the party, assume that people don't care what they do. Not voting tells politicians you don't care what they do, so they do what they want, not what you might want, and they laugh all the way to the bank with their profits.

    One other thing. Not voting is just laziness and allows others to make decisions for you.
    Last edited by rickyII; 02-07-2015 at 12:23 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyII View Post
    With every election, voter apathy rises. As voter apathy rises, politicians, no matter the party, assume that people don't care what they do. Not voting tells politicians you don't care what they do, so they do what they want, not what you might want, and they laugh all the way to the bank with their profits. One other thing. Not voting is just laziness and allows others to make decisions for you.
    Republican politicians are supposed to do what they want, that's why they should be elected for their personal guiding principles. Democrat politicians are NOT supposed to do what they want but what their electorate wants them to do, so they pull their thumb out, sniff its wind everyday and do what ever they think they can get away with.

    Welcome to OCDO. Tell US what you think of guns and openly carried guns.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-07-2015 at 12:30 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •