Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: [Il]legal

  1. #1
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139

    [Il]legal

    Anyone ever blatantly broken possession law in regards to State or Federal property, openly? ...meaning you had positive intentions for being at the facility and exuded zero negativity or political openness and didn't get in any trouble? Is goodwill even existent anymore?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Anyone ever blatantly broken possession law in regards to State or Federal property, openly? ...meaning you had positive intentions for being at the facility and exuded zero negativity or political openness and didn't get in any trouble? Is goodwill even existent anymore?
    Care to explain better what you are asking?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,199
    Your asking on a public open forum if some one has broken the law. Are You NUTs

    Are you really a agent provocateur who spent the time since you joined, building your creds.

    More people are convicted by opening their mouths then other methods. Or worse leaving a permanent written record of their law breaking
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 02-06-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,732

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Those helicopters are not black - they are dark green. I've been told that by someone who flies them. Of all the people I know I trust them the most to tell me the truth.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    If one did, they would not be wise to post about it.

    Of course, such restrictions have no legal effect on our rights.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Many times.

    Of course, this is the Internet.

    I'm only a 12-year old little girl in real life.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran ak56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Carnation, Washington, USA
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Many times.

    Of course, this is the Internet.

    I'm only a 12-year old little girl in real life.
    Well, that explains some of your posts!

    (Just kidding)
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.


    Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Many times.

    Of course, this is the Internet.

    I'm only a 12-year old little girl in real life.
    No 12 yr old girl knows who Capt. James T. Kirk is ....

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Your asking on a public open forum if some one has broken the law. Are You NUTs

    Are you really a agent provocateur who spent the time since you joined, building your creds.
    Uhh... no. Really dude?

    I did not properly communicate what I was asking and after reading these responses it probably wouldn't be worth it to clarify. Grapeshot you can lock it or delete it. I'll let it die.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,732
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Uhh... no. Really dude?

    I did not properly communicate what I was asking and after reading these responses it probably wouldn't be worth it to clarify. Grapeshot you can lock it or delete it. I'll let it die.
    Locket it, OK. But, don't delete it. My burial plot not paid-up.

  12. #12
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Seems pretty clear to me....



    What does your question mean if it isn't has anyone violated the law?

    What I think you meant to ask was, "Anyone ever got caught open carrying a gun on Federal or prohibited State property because you forgot you had it?"
    Pretty much! Obviously I'm not going to expect real responses by asking simply, "Hey guys tell me all about how you broke the law!" I was more curious about people who have broken the law but instead of getting thrown under the bus by LEO was allowed to proceed, free to go. Yeah you would be admitting to breaking a law, but cops do have some discretionary power. I guess I wanted some feel good stories of goodwill on the part of LEO who somehow knew you were not a criminal. I was curious about blatant law breaking and not so much "committing a crime on purpose," as it seems my OP has been read to ask.

    "Yeah actually, my friend blah blah blah..." or "I know a guy..."

    But as I've been made aware, this is probably not the place for such a thread since everyone here is on a watch list.

    Perhaps I should have either not created the thread at all or just put it in the social lounge.
    Last edited by The Truth; 02-06-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Uhh... no. Really dude?

    I did not properly communicate what I was asking and after reading these responses it probably wouldn't be worth it to clarify. Grapeshot you can lock it or delete it. I'll let it die.
    Just start a new thread TT ... and don't visit this one again....

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,199
    Maybe the question should has anyone never broken a law.

    It is hard not to break a law especially if one operates a motor vehicle.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    You can be sent to prison for not breaking the law too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    State Researcher lockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Anyone ever blatantly broken possession law in regards to State or Federal property, openly? ...meaning you had positive intentions for being at the facility and exuded zero negativity or political openness and didn't get in any trouble? Is goodwill even existent anymore?

    Is the property posted in accordance with title 18 provisions and you are not carrying the firearm for lawful purposes?

  17. #17
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Yes, I have gone onto and through federal property with an AR and a handgun in my trunk. This was legal and allowed since that was the only way to get to business in Quantico, VA. My weapons were examined and approved at the entrance great to that Marine base and I was waived on to continue my journey.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 02-07-2015 at 04:25 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  18. #18
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I've dropped a letter in the outside mailbox in the post office parking lot with a gun in the car before. Anybody who has carried a loaded firearm within 1000' of a school when carrying out of state based on permit reciprocity or carry being legal without a permit has violated the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act. I'm waiting for the black helicopters and drones to start circling my house at any moment now.

    They say there are no stupid questions, but the OP comes pretty dang close.
    I do this frequently and there's nothing illegal about it. My local post office is in a strip of other stores and shares a common parking lot and sidewalk.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    An Unconstitutional "Law" is not a law, it is illegtimate.

    So no I haven't broken the law CCW without permission slip in OR., CA., NV., etc. or carried magazines over 10 rounds in CA. I am not a fool however to have Code enFORCErs know this as they have NO loyalty to the Constitution or the Natural Rights of other human beings.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    An Unconstitutional "Law" is not a law, it is illegtimate.

    So no I haven't broken the law CCW without permission slip in OR., CA., NV., etc. or carried magazines over 10 rounds in CA. I am not a fool however to have Code enFORCErs know this as they have NO loyalty to the Constitution or the Natural Rights of other human beings.
    You sure your not?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  21. #21
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    I would like to hear from a moderator/administrator on whether or not the asking of a question as to whether someone has every broken the law, in any form, with any intent, irregardless of being or not being caught/convicted, could be construed as a violation of the forum rule forbidding the ad-vocation of illegal activities of any form.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I would like to hear from a moderator/administrator on whether or not the asking of a question as to whether someone has every broken the law, in any form, with any intent, irregardless of being or not being caught/convicted, could be construed as a violation of the forum rule forbidding the ad-vocation of illegal activities of any form.
    This is recollection, not advocation.

    And of course, everything on the internet is true. You can't put anything on the internet that's not true.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

    What I think you meant to ask was, "Anyone ever got caught open carrying a gun on Federal or prohibited State property because you forgot you had it?"
    yeah, i think this is what he meant too. I know down at the Tunica, MS airport (small regional airport) i saw a lady get caught with her loaded pistol. She promptly whipped out her CCW permit and tried to explain she had a permit for it. They let her put it back in her car and board the flight. On the whole, i would say there isnt much goodwill to be expected if you're caught breaking the law these days.

  24. #24
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    I would like to hear from a moderator/administrator on whether or not the asking of a question as to whether someone has every broken the law, in any form, with any intent, irregardless of being or not being caught/convicted, could be construed as a violation of the forum rule forbidding the ad-vocation of illegal activities of any form.
    I must question your reading comprehension skills if you truly believe this thread to be in violation of the rules. Now if someone had told you how worthless of a poster they think you are, that would be against the rules.

    If this thread is against the rules, then you believe that if you commit a crime and a cop says you are free to go anyway, you would insist on being arrested for it or turning yourself in and being held accountable.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I must question your reading comprehension skills if you truly believe this thread to be in violation of the rules. Now if someone had told you how worthless of a poster they think you are, that would be against the rules.

    If this thread is against the rules, then you believe that if you commit a crime and a cop says you are free to go anyway, you would insist on being arrested for it or turning yourself in and being held accountable.
    In regards to your second paragraph there seems to be several in WA that are currently advocating that....
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •