• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[Il]legal

The Truth

Anyone ever blatantly broken possession law in regards to State or Federal property, openly? ...meaning you had positive intentions for being at the facility and exuded zero negativity or political openness and didn't get in any trouble? Is goodwill even existent anymore?

Grim_Night

Anyone ever blatantly broken possession law in regards to State or Federal property, openly? ...meaning you had positive intentions for being at the facility and exuded zero negativity or political openness and didn't get in any trouble? Is goodwill even existent anymore?

Care to explain better what you are asking?

Firearms Iinstuctor

Your asking on a public open forum if some one has broken the law. Are You NUTs

Are you really a agent provocateur who spent the time since you joined, building your creds.

More people are convicted by opening their mouths then other methods. Or worse leaving a permanent written record of their law breaking

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Those helicopters are not black - they are dark green. I've been told that by someone who flies them. Of all the people I know I trust them the most to tell me the truth.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
If one did, they would not be wise to post about it.

Of course, such restrictions have no legal effect on our rights.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Many times.

Of course, this is the Internet.

I'm only a 12-year old little girl in real life.

The Truth

Your asking on a public open forum if some one has broken the law. Are You NUTs

Are you really a agent provocateur who spent the time since you joined, building your creds.

Uhh... no. Really dude?

I did not properly communicate what I was asking and after reading these responses it probably wouldn't be worth it to clarify. Grapeshot you can lock it or delete it. I'll let it die.

The Truth

Seems pretty clear to me....

What does your question mean if it isn't has anyone violated the law?

What I think you meant to ask was, "Anyone ever got caught open carrying a gun on Federal or prohibited State property because you forgot you had it?"

Pretty much! Obviously I'm not going to expect real responses by asking simply, "Hey guys tell me all about how you broke the law!" I was more curious about people who have broken the law but instead of getting thrown under the bus by LEO was allowed to proceed, free to go. Yeah you would be admitting to breaking a law, but cops do have some discretionary power. I guess I wanted some feel good stories of goodwill on the part of LEO who somehow knew you were not a criminal. I was curious about blatant law breaking and not so much "committing a crime on purpose," as it seems my OP has been read to ask.

"Yeah actually, my friend blah blah blah..." or "I know a guy..."

But as I've been made aware, this is probably not the place for such a thread since everyone here is on a watch list. :lol:

Perhaps I should have either not created the thread at all or just put it in the social lounge.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Uhh... no. Really dude?

I did not properly communicate what I was asking and after reading these responses it probably wouldn't be worth it to clarify. Grapeshot you can lock it or delete it. I'll let it die.

Just start a new thread TT ... and don't visit this one again....;)

lockman

State Researcher

Is the property posted in accordance with title 18 provisions and you are not carrying the firearm for lawful purposes?

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Yes, I have gone onto and through federal property with an AR and a handgun in my trunk. This was legal and allowed since that was the only way to get to business in Quantico, VA. My weapons were examined and approved at the entrance great to that Marine base and I was waived on to continue my journey.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I've dropped a letter in the outside mailbox in the post office parking lot with a gun in the car before. Anybody who has carried a loaded firearm within 1000' of a school when carrying out of state based on permit reciprocity or carry being legal without a permit has violated the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act. I'm waiting for the black helicopters and drones to start circling my house at any moment now.

They say there are no stupid questions, but the OP comes pretty dang close.

I do this frequently and there's nothing illegal about it. My local post office is in a strip of other stores and shares a common parking lot and sidewalk.

Jeff. State

Banned
An Unconstitutional "Law" is not a law, it is illegtimate.

So no I haven't broken the law CCW without permission slip in OR., CA., NV., etc. or carried magazines over 10 rounds in CA. I am not a fool however to have Code enFORCErs know this as they have NO loyalty to the Constitution or the Natural Rights of other human beings.

Primus

An Unconstitutional "Law" is not a law, it is illegtimate.

So no I haven't broken the law CCW without permission slip in OR., CA., NV., etc. or carried magazines over 10 rounds in CA. I am not a fool however to have Code enFORCErs know this as they have NO loyalty to the Constitution or the Natural Rights of other human beings.
You sure your not?