• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[Il]legal

DrakeZ07

I would like to hear from a moderator/administrator on whether or not the asking of a question as to whether someone has every broken the law, in any form, with any intent, irregardless of being or not being caught/convicted, could be construed as a violation of the forum rule forbidding the ad-vocation of illegal activities of any form.

mikeyb

I would like to hear from a moderator/administrator on whether or not the asking of a question as to whether someone has every broken the law, in any form, with any intent, irregardless of being or not being caught/convicted, could be construed as a violation of the forum rule forbidding the ad-vocation of illegal activities of any form.

This is recollection, not advocation.

And of course, everything on the internet is true. You can't put anything on the internet that's not true.

Kopis

What I think you meant to ask was, "Anyone ever got caught open carrying a gun on Federal or prohibited State property because you forgot you had it?"

yeah, i think this is what he meant too. I know down at the Tunica, MS airport (small regional airport) i saw a lady get caught with her loaded pistol. She promptly whipped out her CCW permit and tried to explain she had a permit for it. They let her put it back in her car and board the flight. On the whole, i would say there isnt much goodwill to be expected if you're caught breaking the law these days.

The Truth

I must question your reading comprehension skills if you truly believe this thread to be in violation of the rules. Now if someone had told you how worthless of a poster they think you are, that would be against the rules.

If this thread is against the rules, then you believe that if you commit a crime and a cop says you are free to go anyway, you would insist on being arrested for it or turning yourself in and being held accountable.

Primus

I must question your reading comprehension skills if you truly believe this thread to be in violation of the rules. Now if someone had told you how worthless of a poster they think you are, that would be against the rules.

If this thread is against the rules, then you believe that if you commit a crime and a cop says you are free to go anyway, you would insist on being arrested for it or turning yourself in and being held accountable.
In regards to your second paragraph there seems to be several in WA that are currently advocating that....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Discussion of something is not automatically the same as advocating it.

" WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts."
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

advocate - verb (used with object), advocated, advocating. 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly

That and your conditions "in any form, with any intent" are overly broad. Bet you can't go througha 24 hour period w/o breaking some law, no matter home obscure nor how well intended you might be.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Discussion of something is not automatically the same as advocating it.

" WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts."
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

advocate - verb (used with object), advocated, advocating. 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly

That and your conditions "in any form, with any intent" are overly broad. Bet you can't go through a 24 hour period w/o breaking some law, no matter home obscure nor how well intended you might be.
The justice department stopped counting when they hit the 40,000 mark of federal criminal laws on the books. (that includes rules/regulations) There is no such thing as a law abiding citizen. There are citizens that don't intend to violate the laws on the books, but they do unintentionally. And yes, even intentionally. Do you come to a complete stop at stop signs? No need to confess.

There are many rules/regulations making it a crime to violate such rule. The law that the agency claims that supports their rule usually do not. And you and I know that many of those rules/regulations are intentionally violated by the so called law abiding citizens. Example, signs posted stating "No Guns" in parks.

Some rules are there to give the appearance of plausible deniability.

I'm just saying.