Thread: Good experience in Hanover

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Good experience in Hanover

At one time I credited Hanover as the states most corrupt LEA but things have changed with the election of Hines.
    Yesterday I found a car in my driveway. A Caddie. I blocked it in and did a sweep of the property. I didn't find anyone so I searched the car and got the owners name. I called his number and it was disconnected so I called the cops. I suppose I'm a real dangerous fellow because they sent 4 of them. Only 3 stayed and they were downright enjoyable fellows. The car hadn't been reported stolen but they were pretty sure it was. The only mention of my gun was...what are you carrying.
    Finally had it towed.

Later the Bronco broke down in traffic and another Deputy got behind me while I was waiting for the tow truck. Again a super nice kid and no mention of the gun at all. It's almost scary.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Suggest more caffeine in your diet. Won't help you, but LEOs will notice the difference.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ...Yesterday I found a car in my driveway. A Caddie. ...Finally had it towed.

Later the Bronco broke down in traffic ...

Should have kept the Caddie, and had the Bronco towed.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Should have kept the Caddie, and had the Bronco towed.
    Only thing you can hunt out of a Caddie is Hoes.

I beg to differ.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mons...w&ved=0CCYQsAQ
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Good lord...bean buggies

Banned
    Assuming it was a stolen car, blocking it in not a good idea ... guy wants to get away he may just ram the vehicle you just blocked it with.

Maybe the Caddy was a prize you won from a sweepstakes or lottery?

I have cars that are left on my driveway all the time ... a whole barn full of them. (snicker)

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Assuming it was a stolen car, blocking it in not a good idea ... guy wants to get away he may just ram the vehicle you just blocked it with.

I have cars that are left on my driveway all the time ... a whole barn full of them. (snicker)
    Thanks for that David. You made a rational and well thought out post the other day and I was afraid you weren't stupid any more...Thankfully I was wrong.

don't let Taz hear you say that

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Ramming the Bronco would have saved the aggavation of having it break down on the road, and qualified for VVictim Assistance Funds to ngo towards repair. Sounds like a win-win to me.

David - I've called the CT version of DMV and reported a barn-full of unregistered vehicles. Same message to your County Treaurer on the failure to pay taxes on those heaps. And the EPA would like to talk with you about about the toxic waste site.Hope you can get trespass notices to them before they show up.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Might night be able to hunt out of it. But wish I owned it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cadallac Ambulance..jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	12364
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Thanks for that David. You made a rational and well thought out post the other day and I was afraid you weren't stupid any more...Thankfully I was wrong.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    don't let Taz hear you say that
    The wife gets rather upset when I tie a carcass to the trunk. Says it looks tacky. Not a problem now that I have the Pickup.

;>)

And just "for the record", I like the P/U much better than the Caddi. I only keep it to tote the wife around since it is easier on her hip to get in and out of.

Yes, I AM a truck guy.
    Last edited by va_tazdad; 02-06-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

No tie-um hind quarters.

Notice the symmetry - 10 points on form, no deduction for being slightly off center.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Ramming the Bronco would have saved the aggavation of having it break down on the road, and qualified for VVictim Assistance Funds to ngo towards repair. Sounds like a win-win to me.

David - I've called the CT version of DMV and reported a barn-full of unregistered vehicles. Same message to your County Treaurer on the failure to pay taxes on those heaps. And the EPA would like to talk with you about about the toxic waste site.Hope you can get trespass notices to them before they show up.
    You know I already have notices filed already .... The EPA Chapter 40 of the CFRs ? Never heard of 'em.

We get a property tax on vehicles here (and actual property tax, not an excise tax) and its to the individual towns who assess and collect. Do not get me started on vehicle property taxes .... the internet would explode