• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michael Bloomberg suggests disarming minorities to ‘keep them alive’

OC for ME

Is it racism to claim that which facts bear out to be true? No.

Former Mayor Doomberg is anti-liberty and anti-citizen, he may even be a racist to some extent, but that particular statement is not proof of this.

OC4me

Is it racism to claim that which facts bear out to be true? No.

Former Mayor Doomberg is anti-liberty and anti-citizen, he may even be a racist to some extent, but that particular statement is not proof of this.

Ummm, why would that statement be true? Please explain. What facts support Mr. Bloomberg's position?

OC for ME

So what facts support disarming minorities as a means of saving their lives?
95% is likely to high. Look to 2014 St. Louis homicide stats, around 90% were experienced in only one demographic. Is Doomberg racist, maybe, but not where citing a fact is concerned. His is a idiot for desiring to remove any citizen's RKBA.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Hopefully the minorities will see this for the insult it is.

What insult?

Bloomie is saying that we should take away dangerous things that a particular group historically experiences injury when using because they use those things in a dangerous (to themselves and others) way. He's not saying EVERY 15-24 year old melatonin-rich minority yute should be prevented from having firearms. It's more like allowing your kid to play with a fork until they stick it into either someone else or an electrical outlet - at that point you take the fork away from them. Not because the fork is bad but because your kid is proven to be too dumb to be trusted with one without killing himself or someone else.

This crying of "It's Rasiss" is putting a chink in our armor of rational thought and ought to be nipped in the bud if for no other reason than it is just not giving sufficient bang for the buck.

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I can only add that when I asked Mayor Daley why he wanted to outlaw handguns in Chicago (circa 1980s) he told me w/o hesitation "To keep the guns outta the hands of n-----[the n-word]"

So is Bloomy a racist? I always thought so.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Sure lets disarm this group of people to keep them safe. Next it will be this group of people. Before you know it they are knocking on your door.

Better yet lets intern this group of people so we can keep an eye on them and to protect the public.

"While speaking at the Aspen Institute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25, The Aspen Times"

Give them an inch and they are plotting how to take a mile.

WalkingWolf

What insult?

Bloomie is saying that we should take away dangerous things that a particular group historically experiences injury when using because they use those things in a dangerous (to themselves and others) way. He's not saying EVERY 15-24 year old melatonin-rich minority yute should be prevented from having firearms. It's more like allowing your kid to play with a fork until they stick it into either someone else or an electrical outlet - at that point you take the fork away from them. Not because the fork is bad but because your kid is proven to be too dumb to be trusted with one without killing himself or someone else.

This crying of "It's Rasiss" is putting a chink in our armor of rational thought and ought to be nipped in the bud if for no other reason than it is just not giving sufficient bang for the buck.

stay safe.

You are taking an anti stance. Not all members of those groups deserve to have there rights violated because of numbers. ESPECIALLY since government is responsible for the conditions they deal with.

Taking a stance against liberty for any reason is a "chink" in the armor, a huge one. Hey why not take away the guns from us cripples, or any other groups. Sorry if not racist it is outright ignorant, beyond ignorant. This is why we have such problems getting our message across, we dilute the message for whatever bias we feel acceptable.

Bernymac

What insult?

stay safe.

I see what you did there!
images

OC4me

When I asked what facts Bloomberg cited for taking guns away from minorities so as to save their lives I didn't think some would miss the obvious so let me spell it out.

Bloomberg's so-called 'facts' were obviously a reference to 'gang-related deaths'. It does not follow as a 'fact' that taking guns away from minorities would save the lives of minorities because quite simply, being a member of a minority does not automatically equate with being in a gang.

If Bloomberg had stated we need to take guns away from 15 to 25 year-old gang members so that gang-member's lives could be saved then his so-called 'facts' might be relevant (and not racist).

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

When I asked what facts Bloomberg cited for taking guns away from minorities so as to save their lives I didn't think some would miss the obvious so let me spell it out.

Bloomberg so-called 'facts' were obviously a reference to 'gang-related deaths'. It does not follow as a 'fact' that taking guns away from minorities would save the lives of minorities because quite simply, being a member of a minority does not automatically equate with being in a gang.

If Bloomberg had stated we need to take guns away from 15 to 25 year-old gang members so that gang-member's lives could be saved then his so-called 'facts' might be relevant (and not racist).

+1

But that would be difficult, and not as wide sweeping. I get what he is going for, to be fair and save minorities let's take guns from everybody. I can't understand why some are so slow to catch on.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You are taking an anti stance. Not all members of those groups deserve to have there rights violated because of numbers. ESPECIALLY since government is responsible for the conditions they deal with.

Taking a stance against liberty for any reason is a "chink" in the armor, a huge one. Hey why not take away the guns from us cripples, or any other groups. Sorry if not racist it is outright ignorant, beyond ignorant. This is why we have such problems getting our message across, we dilute the message for whatever bias we feel acceptable.

I think you misinterpreted me, or misunderstood what I wrote.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sure lets disarm this group of people to keep them safe. Next it will be this group of people. Before you know it they are knocking on your door.

Better yet lets intern this group of people so we can keep an eye on them and to protect the public.

"While speaking at the Aspen Institute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25, The Aspen Times"

It seems you misunderstood me or misinterpreted what I wrote.

I said we should take forks away from folks who stick them in electric outlets or into other people. A very clearly deliniated group. You somehow made "this group of people" into something that goes way beyond those who are sticking forks in electric outets or into other people.

stay safe.

nobama

He is a pathetic little man who uses armed body guards to keep him alive. When will the people just let this little Dick-tator go far away from here. His words are beginning to fall on deaf ears. POS!

arentol

It took me 20 seconds to find FBI statistics indicating just under 50% of both murder victims and murderers are white.

I don't know whether Bloomberg is racist, but I do know he will lie his ass off to disarm anyone he can other than the police, and this is just one more example.

For instance, his organization blatantly lied to the people of the state of Washington to get them to pass an initiative to technically make it impossible to own a firearm without committing a crime, with the second conviction for this crime you can't avoid committing being a felony.

Last edited:

SovereigntyOrDeath

It seems you misunderstood me or misinterpreted what I wrote.

I said we should take forks away from folks who stick them in electric outlets or into other people. A very clearly deliniated group. You somehow made "this group of people" into something that goes way beyond those who are sticking forks in electric outets or into other people.

stay safe.

I was not responding to you. My opinion was directed to the context of the OP.

carry on.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
No one should be shocked to learn that a liberal gun grabber is racist. Much of modern welfare is predicated on the "soft racism" of low expectations of minorities. Some is based on the fear that if the welfare money stops flowing to inner cities violence will erupt, or at the very least that various demographics might stop voting for the democrat benefactors.

Bloomberg's statement is racist on two fronts:

1-Even "The Color of Crime" (published by a group frequently accused of racism, but based on FBI crime stats) doesn't claim black young men are responsible for 95% of murders.

2-To use the bad conduct of part of a group as an excuse to mistreat (by denying constitutional rights) the entire group is the typical conduct of racists and other bigots.

Furthermore, let us remember that gun control going back to the early slave codes and coming up through Jim Crow was designed to disarm blacks (as well as recent Irish, Italian, and Catholic immigrants along with other "undesirable" elements of society). This has morphed into socio-economic discrimination rather than overt racism, but those most affected by high-cost, discriminatory permits remain racial minorities.

Sadly, the actual criminals who need to be disarmed are, too often, left to roam the streets rather than being properly convicted and incarcerated because of soft-on-crime policies from Bloomberg's fellow travelers. Indeed, the current mandatory minimum sentences that are of such concern to the DoJ, were a reaction to liberal judges handing far too light of sentences a generation ago.

But we should be able to make use of Bloomberg's racist statements to undercut his credibility with those who may be on the fence about RKBA but who are convinced that minorities are frequently, very poorly treated by the government.

Charles

Rusty Young Man

Coming from someone who started up an Astroturf effort that seems to think "children" includes people as old as 25.

Washington Times Article said:
While speaking at the Aspen Institute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25, The Aspen Times reported.
Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, the former three-term mayor said, according to The Times.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Mr. Bloomberg said, The Times reported. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

Last edited: