• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill introduced to do away with Clark County handgun registration

Ron_O

Lombardo on Board as Well.

I was surprised to see Sheriff Lombardo on board to ban the registration as well, stating financial and efficiency reasons. Perhaps this law will soon fade into oblivion as well.

It needs to.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was surprised to see Sheriff Lombardo on board to ban the registration as well, stating financial and efficiency reasons. Perhaps this law will soon fade into oblivion as well.

It needs to.

How long ago did you see that? During the campaign? He's done nothing since taking office to help.

Ron_O

How long ago did you see that? During the campaign? He's done nothing since taking office to help.

No it was just a couple of days ago when one of the local news channels was covering the bill introduced to redact Clark County blue cards as well as all other grandfathered clauses. They interviewed Lombardo as well as some gun control advocates and Lombardo said he wanted to abolish the program and was going to do all he could to make that happen. He cited it as being a waste of resources for a program that was essentially ineffective and that he'd prefer to redirect manpower.

The news reported that, under Lombardo, Metro had a change of tune because only a few years ago they were testifying in FAVOR of upholding blue cards because they'd caught a few felons over the years who were trying to register firearms.

I want to say it was channel 8 but it could have been any of them.