• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in being interviewed?

RogueReflections

I was recently contacted by Kristin Fraser, from Aljazeera, America. She is interested in doing a story about open carriers - specifically those who carry to city council meetings and other such events. I told her I don't OC to those types of events because I really don't attend them. If anyone here attends these meetings, while open carrying, and are interested in being part of the Aljazeera story, I will provide her name and contact email below. I did not mention any of the names of the people I knew, because I was not given permission to do so. My open carry practices are pretty boring and only include trips to the grocery store, my nightly walk, or when I am covering events in the State.

Kristin Fraser
Field Producer
Pacific Northwest Bureau
Al Jazeera America, LLC
Kristin.Fraser@AlJazeera.net

jsanchez

I'll give it a shot

I contacted miss fraser and she's going to get back to me next week she's in Pasco covering the shooting over there.

I checked out on Comcast the Al Jazeera shows and they seem to be very insightful Aljazeera seems to be the CNN style of news. there are some articles about their branding and how people were prejudiced against them because of their affiliations to jihadist movements in the Middle East. it would be interesting to know what there are viewer demographic is here in the Seattle Bureau?

I'm guessing they're going to ask the question what do you think of the open carriers that went into the capital? didn't we ask people not to bring rifles to that protest or am I mistaken? I personally thought it was a dumb move and it reminded me of the guys down in Texas but this is a free country they didn't break any laws and they didn't hurt any people so who am I to judge.

if anybody would like to give me some pointers so I don't screw this up I'm open to suggestions and ideas, otherwise it's just going to be shooting from the hip pardon the pun.

Last edited:

av8tr1

I contacted miss fraser and she's going to get back to me next week she's in Pasco covering the shooting over there.

I checked out on Comcast the Al Jazeera shows and they seem to be very insightful Aljazeera seems to be the CNN style of news. there are some articles about their branding and how people were prejudiced against them because of their affiliations to jihadist movements in the Middle East. it would be interesting to know what there are viewer demographic is here in the Seattle Bureau?

I'm guessing they're going to ask the question what do you think of the open carriers that went into the capital? didn't we ask people not to bring rifles to that protest or am I mistaken? I personally thought it was a dumb move and it reminded me of the guys down in Texas but this is a free country they didn't break any laws and they didn't hurt any people so who am I to judge.

if anybody would like to give me some pointers so I don't screw this up I'm open to suggestions and ideas, otherwise it's just going to be shooting from the hip pardon the pun.

ackbarTrap02s_zps3f0d0cf4.jpg

Aljazeera, very left leaning. This isn't going to end well.

HPmatt

Ask them about the shootings in Denmark and Paris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueReflections

point by point...

All I was doing was extending the invite to anyone who might be interested. M daily OC is not interesting enough for the news, as it involves me grocery shopping, going to the library or out for my nightly walk. I clearly stated to her that I would not give her names of patriots I knew, but was happy to pass her info on to them. She agreed.
Such is such.
Scott, Rogue Reflections Photography.

jsanchez

Last edited:

jsanchez

What would Syria be like if they had open carry, what would Iraq, Iran, Pakistan be like if they had open carry? Is an armed society, a polite society? Just thinking out loud how to spin questions they might ask. Anyone have any quotes from the Koran I could use?
I'm totally talking to the wrong crowd for that one. I think I will call one of my muslim friends.....

mikeyb

Well there you go. Completely non-biased reporting there. (sarcasm; also, I only read the first article)

Some clear gems:

legislation that would force the topic of guns into classrooms
In the two years since the shooting deaths of 20 children and six teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, gun laws have strengthened piecemeal in the U.S., with 99 new gun control laws passed in 37 states, according to nonprofit organization the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Eighty-eight pro-gun laws were passed as well, however. South Carolina, which has weakened gun laws in recent years, had the 10th-highest gun death rate in the U.S. in 2014, according to the organization. The new laws elsewhere in the U.S. have been smaller victories, advocates say, where federal attempts to strengthen gun regulations have failed.

And the exquisite diamond:
“From what I’ve seen, gun culture advocates have no shame using Sandy Hook to push their agenda,” said Allison Anderman, a staff attorney for the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

:banghead: