Thread: Kids lucky cop was such a bad shot -- cop shoots kids - toy gun

Banned

Kids lucky cop was such a bad shot -- cop shoots kids - toy gun

Just another isolated incident documented...
    http://www.infowars.com/cop-shoots-c...ing-a-toy-gun/

All kids will live ! Hooray! Likely due to inability of accurate fire.

FYI - a infowars story

The only way I can see changing and eliminating these goofy shootings is to require police to be shot at prior to them shooting their guns .. then all these kids being shot for having toy guns will be lower

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Looking for solutions ... not cop bashing.

Solution to what? Poor aim? Not gunna happen, especially where the NYPD is concerned.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The person holding the replica weapon could potentially face charges of brandishing a replica weapon in the presence of a police officer, but investigators were still discussing that option with prosecutors, Smith said.
    So if you're holding a BB gun or an Airsoft playing with your friends and a cop comes up, you could be charged with brandishing?

Ed Obayashi, a deputy sheriff and legal advisor for Inyo County who is an expert on use-of-force incidents, said the shooting illustrated the immense danger of children carrying realistic-looking weapons in public.
    No such danger when I was a kid. What changed? Mostly over-hyped up LEOs?

Kid should just shut up and find a good financial adviser.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

So having shot an innocent person, what's the penalty, by law?

No penalty will be assessed, those kids were conspiring, as in a conspiracy, to brandish a dangerous weapon. It looked like a real gun and the kid who got shot was likely trying to take the gun from his buddy cuz his buddy was too chicken to confront the cop. So, the kid that got shot was shot justifiably...or something to that effect.

Update...of a sort

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    No penalty will be assessed, those kids were conspiring, as in a conspiracy, to brandish a dangerous weapon. It looked like a real gun and the kid who got shot was likely trying to take the gun from his buddy cuz his buddy was too chicken to confront the cop. So, the kid that got shot was shot justifiably...or something to that effect.
    Then again, shooting the wrong "kid" is the other peprs fault it seems.
    The replica firearm was booked as evidence and a department spokesman told the LA Times that the person holding the fake gun could potentially face charges of brandishing a replica weapon in the presence of a police officer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...plica-gun.html
    Disgusting the lengths that some in LE will go to mitigate any culpability for egregiously unprofessional behavior and egregiously unprofessional misdeeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    So if you're holding a BB gun or an Airsoft playing with your friends and a cop comes up, you could be charged with brandishing?

No such danger when I was a kid. What changed? Mostly over-hyped up LEOs?
    I never imagined things would get so screwed up. Being a dinosaur I can clearly remember both playing with toy guns, water guns, and BB guns as a child. Police never batted an eye.

We keep getting asked "How do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?" Simple, bad guys do bad things, we should not be shooting people just because without them doing bad things first.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Wait, mcbeth got banned?!?!?! No way! I know he's a troll, but he's mcbeth! What was the final straw? I demand an explanation!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Do not fire unless fired upon!

How many innocent Americans have to be killed or wounded by police before new ROEs are enacted.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Wait, mcbeth got banned?!?!?! No way! I know he's a troll, but he's mcbeth! What was the final straw? I demand an explanation!
    Not all things are permanent. Hopefully all will benefit from this temporary time-out and learn something in the process.

We also do not discuss such things publicly unless there is a sufficiently demanding need/benefit to the forum. It is otherwise a private matter between the Administration and the user. That is all.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Disgusting the lengths that some in LE will go to mitigate any culpability for egregiously unprofessional behavior and egregiously unprofessional misdeeds.
    Hello, I'm officer friendly, besides being a cop I'm a member of Pathological Liars Anonymous. In fact.. I'm the president of the organization!

I didn't always lie. No, when I was a kid, I told the truth. But then one day, I got caught stealing money out of my mother's purse. I lied. I told her it was homework - that my teacher told me to do it. And she got fired! Yeah, that's what happened!

After that, lying was easy for me. I lied about my age and joined the NYPD. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah.. I went to Harlem, and I was injured while singing the blues. And they made me a three-star general! And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire.. er, Geographic! Yeah.. I was making twenty thousand a ye.. month! In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year! Yeah, that's the ticket.

And then my cousin died - Joe Louis - and I took it hard. Maybe too hard - I tried to kill myself. Yeahh.. I did kill myself! Sure! I was medically dead for a week and a half! It was a woman that brought me out of it - Sarah Palin! Yeah, right.. And she told me about Pathological Liars Anonymous.

Oh, you'd be surprised how many famous people belong. In fact.. at one of the meetings I met my wife - Morgan Fairchild! Yes, I'm a changed man now, and all because of Pathological Liars Anonymous. Why, I - I even have my picture on the cover of Newsweek magazine. Yeah. Every day! Yeah.. that's the ticket! Yeah, you betcha!

Yes, it is an exaggeration, but many times true.

I have a transcript of a cop testifying in a criminal case. The cop tells his story as to what happened. The defence attorney asked the same questions the prosecution asked. In other words, getting the cop to reaffirm his story. The defence attorney then asked if the cop reviewed the videos and pictures of the incident. The cop's answer was no. After the video and pictures contradicted the cops fabricated story the defence attorney asked the cop if he wanted to change his story. The cop said no.

The worse part is that the prosecutor and judge did not even flinch. Like, what's the problem Joe.

It seems that we like to blame Mikey. Mikey did it......
    Last edited by color of law; 02-13-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    There goes the neighborhood.

I don't know.... I had realistic looking BB gun pistols as a kid but never would have been dumb enough to point it at a cop or fail to immediately comply if a cop told me to put it down. It's kind of a self-selecting act and result. Yeah, we did dumb things as kids but nothing that would have got us shot even by today's far more statist standards.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

What does a criminal do when they screw up? They deny it or make excuses, or outright lie.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Why were kids, the age of fifteen doing pkaying with a replica gun in the first place. It could have been easily a real gun. How can you tell? I dont think the kid should have been shot but if they were pointing the gun like its real, trying to act thuggish well you get treated like a thug would be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by rchele2u View Post
    Why were kids, the age of fifteen doing pkaying with a replica gun in the first place. It could have been easily a real gun. How can you tell? I dont think the kid should have been shot but if they were pointing the gun like its real, trying to act thuggish well you get treated like a thug would be treated.
    Why do we sell toy guns? Toy guns are for playing with, and many of us grew up safe from police playing with not only toy guns but BB guns. Hell we didn't even get shot for walking with a real gun to go hunting.

This LAME idea that having a gun is an excuse to shoot someone is beyond insane. I suggest if you actually believe this you are accepting shooting another JUST for the act of carrying a gun. Is this what YOU believe?

IF they believed it was a real gun, they had every obligation to honor the constitution!
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump