• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Campus carry (amended) and Open carry pass 7-2

Count

Founder's Club Member
On a party line vote SB11 Campus carry with an amendment requiring concealment and SB17 licensed open carry passed out of the Senate State affairs committee by a 7-2 vote. The only two democrats (who monopolized the discussion today) voted against it. Remember to vote Zaffirini and Rodney Ellis out of office next time! The next step is on February 17 when the bills go in front of the whole Senate. It's good to know the A&M chancellor is pro gun!

Count

Founder's Club Member
Archived Audio/Video of Senate State Affairs hearing on SB11 and SB17

For those of you that missed this rather annoying display of ignorance by some local police chiefs and other bureaucrats, here's the link to the archived video of the hearing:

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/avarchive/

Count

Founder's Club Member
Dan Patrick on his Facebook page: "I promised we would pass Open Carry....."

Dan Patrick
3 hours ago · Edited ·
OPEN CARRY AND CAMPUS CARRY PASS OUT OF STATE AFFAIRS TODAY 7-2 All Republicans voted yes. We are now one step closer to passing these two bills out of the Senate.

Congratulations to Senators Birdwell and Estes for building support for their bills and moving them forward. Also a big thank you to Chairman Huffman, the Senators, and the people who traveled to Austin to testify on these bills. It was a very long day for all.

When session began Sen Birdwell already had 19 co-authors for his Campus Carry bill. He has been working on that bill for years and was within one vote of passing it last session out of the Senate.

On the other hand, Senator Estes had few co-authors just a few weeks ago. Over the past 3 weeks he gathered nearly a dozen co-authors and gained full support on the committee.

I promised we would pass Open Carry and Campus Carry. I worked on the bill as well, but 100% of the credit goes to the Senators as always.
830 Likes · 142 Comments

https://m.facebook.com/dan.patrick.texas?refsrc=https://www.facebook.com/dan.patrick.texas

stealthyeliminator

For those of you that missed this rather annoying display of ignorance by some local police chiefs and other bureaucrats, here's the link to the archived video of the hearing:

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/avarchive/

You mean like when that (asst?) chief(?) testified about having an excellent support and counseling system for rape victims, as opposition to campus carry? You could tell, that one really struck a nerve with one of the Senators, as it did with me.

Count

Founder's Club Member
You mean like when that (asst?) chief(?) testified about having an excellent support and counseling system for rape victims, as opposition to campus carry? You could tell, that one really struck a nerve with one of the Senators, as it did with me.

I would have to use up all the forum space just to get to the tip of all the stupid things these know-it-all bureaucrats spewed out yesterday. I'd rather focus on moving things along..... That B.S. is so exhausting to listen to......

stealthyeliminator

I would have to use up all the forum space just to get to the tip of all the stupid things these know-it-all bureaucrats spewed out yesterday. I'd rather focus on moving things along..... That B.S. is so exhausting to listen to......

True, I had to turn the stream off more than once. I'd like for us to collect links to the timestamps of all of our favorite testimonies and put them in one thread.