• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boy, 4, has to have his leg amputated after being attacked by cop father's K9

OC for ME

"Local" coverage.
Meanwhile, about 70 miles north.
Hundreds of mourners have bid an emotional farewell to a California K9 who was shot and killed last month by a man wanted on weapons charges.

However none of the gatherers at the War Dog Memorial in Riverside on Wednesday seemed to take the death of Sultan harder than deputy Mark Wallace, the police dog's partner, who was with him when he died.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ornia-police-dog-Sultan-gunned-line-duty.html
Compare and contrast a uncontrollable lethal weapon is removed from the force and the response is unsettling to me. Yet, Belgian Malinois-German nearly kills a 4 y/o and that is considered a accident.

Eradicate these uncontrollable lethal weapons from all LEAs.

WalkingWolf

IMO this is no different than leaving a loaded gun around a child and not supervising or securing. The father should be charged, just like any regular citizen would be. This was downright reckless to turn loose a weapon that indeed can harm on it's own in a home with children.

No mention if the officer has been put on paid vacation.

ETA I have been through this, but my life was saved by a rather large St Bernard that killed the police dog. In that case the officer was fired, I was a teenage paperboy trying to collect when the dog charged. The officer had left the pen unsecured. What got the officer fired was discharging a gun at the St Bernard as I was kicking him in the chins.

The odd thing was that the St Bernard was a feral dog that often followed me from a distance. My parents started feeding him after the incident, and named him Brute. Eventually one day he disappeared.

Last edited:

SovereigntyOrDeath

IMO this is no different than leaving a loaded gun around a child and not supervising or securing. The father should be charged, just like any regular citizen would be. This was downright reckless to turn loose a weapon that indeed can harm on it's own in a home with children.

No mention if the officer has been put on paid vacation.

ETA I have been through this, but my life was saved by a rather large St Bernard that killed the police dog. In that case the officer was fired, I was a teenage paperboy trying to collect when the dog charged. The officer had left the pen unsecured. What got the officer fired was discharging a gun at the St Bernard as I was kicking him in the chins.

The odd thing was that the St Bernard was a feral dog that often followed me from a distance. My parents started feeding him after the incident, and named him Brute. Eventually one day he disappeared.

Great story!

I wonder if the LEO and the LEO dog is immune from prosecution for child endangerment?

If it was a LAC, they would probably get charged and the dog euthanized.

countryclubjoe

I would think the Mother of the child would have a civil case against the PD and the Father of the child. If she chose to do so...

It would be a very interesting case.

My .02

CCJ

lockman

State Researcher
Where are all the ambulance chasers. The child should secure separate counsel and sue the department, the city and his dad.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Is the dog to be put down like most family pets for would be for the slightest nip?

It is not the dogs fault, it is the father/policeman. Had the dog been properly stored and taken care of the incident would not happen. Just like gun incidents, the guns should not be blamed, neither should the dog. There needs to be serious repercussions for doing something as stupid as this guy did. There is no doubt a non LEO would be prosecuted, whether gun, or dog.

I believe the father should be fired, prosecuted, and the child removed from his care. He is reckless stupid man, hopefully his wife leaves him and takes the child for the child's safety.

HPmatt

4 y/o kid 'wandered out through sliding glass door into (his) backyard'----who is the limey writing this story? Would think it w/b more the kids backyard as opposed to the dogs'?? Why would you give money to help out here? Dad is negligent; Mom out and about. Kid will probably get a big settlement from homeowners insurance, mortgage company and municipal taxpayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC for ME

It is not the dogs fault, it is the father/policeman. Had the dog been properly stored and taken care of the incident would not happen. Just like gun incidents, the guns should not be blamed, neither should the dog. There needs to be serious repercussions for doing something as stupid as this guy did. There is no doubt a non LEO would be prosecuted, whether gun, or dog.

I believe the father should be fired, prosecuted, and the child removed from his care. He is reckless stupid man, hopefully his wife leaves him and takes the child for the child's safety.
Actually, a gun, paying around in the backyard by itself, may jump at the opportunity to harm a small child who wrongly exits the home into the backyard. I suspect that the kid will be found to be at fault. The dog is on "paid leave" it appears, for 10 days anyway, could be longer.:rolleyes:

Cop dogs have a brain and will do what dogs do when trained to attack, it will attack and try to kill. Eliminate dogs from all LEAs...they are a uncontrollable lethal weapon. This incident is proof of this.

OC for ME

Cop dogs have a brain and will do what dogs do when trained to attack, it will attack and try to kill. Eliminate dogs from all LEAs...they are a uncontrollable lethal weapon. This incident is proof of this.
A wee bit more info...

Apparently the dog does not understand Engrish.
Jango was born and trained in Holland, and his commands are in Dutch, the website states.

http://myfox8.com/2015/02/13/4-year...auling-by-police-officer-fathers-k-9-partner/
Also, many media outlets are obscuring the cop's face in photos, or cropping the photo of he and the dog so his face is not seen.

sudden valley gunner

I agree, but the double standards are vomit inducing.