• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Five States Considering Gun Laws - Some Good - Some Bad

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Gun Rights Remain Top Issue For These 5 States" and not a word about the attempt to reintroduce "one handgun a month" legislation in Virginia? Or the debacle taking place in DC? (OK, it's a fedral enclave and not a state, but ....) Or the multitude of states that are proposing to nullify enforcement of federal firearms laws within their borders? Or the proposal that toy guns can only be white in color (introduced to prevent more children who point toy guns at cops from being shot but falling flat on its face when it was "discovered" that guns can be customized to be pretty much any color)?

OTOH, I will admit that the choice of handgun for the attention-grabbing picture was nice.

stay safe.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I'll bet those are the only five states the "reporter" had time to research. Nevada is in session right now with the most pro-gun bills in its history; most, if not all, expected to pass. We expect constitutional and campus carry this year, plus other things we've been waiting on.

F350

I'll bet those are the only five states the "reporter" had time to research. Nevada is in session right now with the most pro-gun bills in its history; most, if not all, expected to pass. We expect constitutional and campus carry this year, plus other things we've been waiting on.

Likewise Wyoming is on the way to eliminating most massacre safe zones in the state (K-12 and college, government meetings etc).

since9

Campaign Veteran
All writing new law, none rescinding/erasing old redundant (redumbdant) law.

Didn't read the article, did you? "Two bills are up for debate in Texas, one that would allow open carry in Texas, and another that would open this rule up to college students and other people on college campuses."

New law that allows a behavior when old law prohibited it, must, by process, rescind the old law. Most such bills begin with, "Statute so and so, section such and such is amendment to read, "....""

Laws, like operating systems and programs, expand to fit the drives available. I use the bleeding edge linux distro that is occasionally updated twice in a day, and watch the upgrading protocol to see the database and programs slowly increasing but monotonically increasing.

You're right about that. Laws are far too complex as it is. We need simplification, not a bunch of lawyers in state legislatures and Congress trying to outthink reality.