• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Employee's in Open Carry States question.

nobama

I was just curious, as 'inside a business', is treated like 'inside your home' by most states, and you can OC or CC inside your home regardless of the states laws or permits.

How about gun stores in states without OC? Anyone shop there, do they OC? Lets here from the SC, TX, NY and a few others members.

I have seen one guy working a register up in Stoke co,NC OCing. I believe its legal if your an owner or the owner allows employees to OC, even at a bar. Now Ill. has no OC, but I have been told that private property is good for OC, and alot of folks working at the gun stores would OC.

since9

Campaign Veteran
In 2012, I volunteered at one of the local campaign headquarters. Sometimes I OC'd. Sometimes I CC'd. No worries either way.

I have seen one guy working a register up in Stoke co,NC OCing. I believe its legal if your an owner or the owner allows employees to OC, even at a bar. Now Ill. has no OC, but I have been told that private property is good for OC, and alot of folks working at the gun stores would OC.

State laws about OCing in bars are mixed. As I would counsel all who OC, know your local and state laws, verbatim, if possible.

Last edited: