Thread: Eye-opening contrast between municipal police and sheriff testimony and idealogy

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Eye-opening contrast between municipal police and sheriff testimony and idealogy

WARNING - place keyboard to side before watching video, else when you inevitably bash your head into your desk you may damage it. The ignorance is real, it's very real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hyS7a3QT4

Yes, they seriously discussed requiring prominently displayed identification for open carriers. No, that isn't a joke. Might as well spit on the constitution. It is extremely offensive to me that such an egregious constitutional rights violation would even be open to discussion.

The statement at the very end was made by Senator Birdwell, props to him for boldly making that statement.
    Advocate freedom please

Well they just want all the thugs to know whom to target, since properly identified OCers are going to be law abiding citizens, bar none.

I though being an open carry person would be properly identified by the gun on their hip....

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    WARNING - place keyboard to side before watching video, else when you inevitably bash your head into your desk you may damage it. The ignorance is real, it's very real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hyS7a3QT4

Yes, they seriously discussed requiring prominently displayed identification for open carriers. No, that isn't a joke. Might as well spit on the constitution. It is extremely offensive to me that such an egregious constitutional rights violation would even be open to discussion.

The statement at the very end was made by Senator Birdwell, props to him for boldly making that statement.
    I told you all they would do this in several Tx threads. They tried it in Florida in 2011.
    Last edited by 77zach; 02-16-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Over last summer I happened to go into the local hardware store and two guys were talking about Texas and carrying a gun. They were saying open carry was legal and thought that everyone caries in TX. I couldn't stay silent and told them that open carry of a handgun was in fact illegal. They looked at me as if I was stupid. I say this to illustrate the perception that people in the rest of the U.S. have of TX. Cowboys and all, ya know, ride horses and Carry GUNS. The video is a fantastic example of the difference between the peoples sheriff and the mayors gestapo. Go get'em Texas. Good luck in your efforts to secure your rights.
    Last edited by Ken56; 02-16-2015 at 10:07 AM.