• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eye-opening contrast between municipal police and sheriff testimony and idealogy

stealthyeliminator

WARNING - place keyboard to side before watching video, else when you inevitably bash your head into your desk you may damage it. The ignorance is real, it's very real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hyS7a3QT4

Yes, they seriously discussed requiring prominently displayed identification for open carriers. No, that isn't a joke. Might as well spit on the constitution. It is extremely offensive to me that such an egregious constitutional rights violation would even be open to discussion.

The statement at the very end was made by Senator Birdwell, props to him for boldly making that statement.

Maverick9

Well they just want all the thugs to know whom to target, since properly identified OCers are going to be law abiding citizens, bar none.

77zach

WARNING - place keyboard to side before watching video, else when you inevitably bash your head into your desk you may damage it. The ignorance is real, it's very real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5hyS7a3QT4

Yes, they seriously discussed requiring prominently displayed identification for open carriers. No, that isn't a joke. Might as well spit on the constitution. It is extremely offensive to me that such an egregious constitutional rights violation would even be open to discussion.

The statement at the very end was made by Senator Birdwell, props to him for boldly making that statement.

I told you all they would do this in several Tx threads. They tried it in Florida in 2011.

Last edited:

Ken56

Over last summer I happened to go into the local hardware store and two guys were talking about Texas and carrying a gun. They were saying open carry was legal and thought that everyone caries in TX. I couldn't stay silent and told them that open carry of a handgun was in fact illegal. They looked at me as if I was stupid. I say this to illustrate the perception that people in the rest of the U.S. have of TX. Cowboys and all, ya know, ride horses and Carry GUNS. The video is a fantastic example of the difference between the peoples sheriff and the mayors gestapo. Go get'em Texas. Good luck in your efforts to secure your rights.

Last edited: