Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Manís Realistic Gun Shirts Come With A Warning

Thumbs up Colorado Manís Realistic Gun Shirts Come With A Warning

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (CBS4) Ė A Colorado business owner says heís making a statement on gun rights with some controversial new apparel thatís being seen across the world.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...ith-a-warning/
    Fantastic!!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Fantastic!!
    oops...sorry.

http://www.nitelifebilliards.com/
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

That would be great for protests, I am not so sure it is a good idea otherwise. Unless one is actually carrying a backup gun, or concealed gun. Because if you can carry a real gun openly, why wear a fake gun?

I would definitely advise against children wearing such a shirt, we know how that would turn out.

Plus remember if a toy gun can get you arrested, I would imagine print on a shirt would have the same effect. And can you imagine the horror of someone with a misdemeanor record wearing such a shirt? The anti gun loons would come unglued.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-16-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible Ė otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolf View Post

I would definitely advise against children wearing such a shirt, we know how that would turn out.
    ...ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    That would be great for protests, I am not so sure it is a good idea otherwise. Unless one is actually carrying a backup gun, or concealed gun. Because if you can carry a real gun openly, why wear a fake gun?

Plus remember if a toy gun can get you arrested, I would imagine print on a shirt would have the same effect. And can you imagine the horror of someone with a misdemeanor record wearing such a shirt? The anti gun loons would come unglued.
    They're being worn all over the planet, without any such horror stories coming true.

You're starting to sound like the doom and gloom the antis usually put out.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

UPDATE! Live interview 2/17/15 with NRA News at 4:30 pm Eastern

Today, February 16, 2015, at 4:30 pm Eastern time, the designer and owner of the t-shirt company will be appearing in a live interview by NRA News.

He's a good man. He's been carrying for decades; just started OCing about 18 months ago.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    They're being worn all over the planet, without any such horror stories coming true.

Planet? All over? Jurisdictional, narrowly used...how about a shirt like this in the Big Apple? Chitown perhaps? Anywhere in LA County? Oakland? Denver? Seattle? Boston? WA DC? ect.

Texas a citizen was arrested with a toy gun in a courthouse recently. A toy gun is no more illegal than a image of a gun, IMO. AFAIK Texas has no laws against the open carry of toy guns, but it did not stop the arrest. And most of us here know how children and fake guns come out when they encounter police.

And that is not even taking into account if the gun is actually needed, that would be interesting wouldn't it? IIRC a man with a gun tattoo had the police called on him, A TATTOO!
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-18-2015 at 12:07 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

... IIRC a man with a gun tattoo had the police called on him, A TATTOO!
    This is, as would be the shirt thing, a cop problem and a cop problem only. Any cop who does not ask "Where can I get one of those, and how much is it?" needs to be fired right there on the spot. A top cop who supports his minion for interacting with a citizen wearing a shirt, or "wearing" a tattoo, for anything other than what I contend that cop should be asking, is the centerpiece of all that is wrong with LE.

Planet? All over?
    Yep. According to my conversation with him yesterday, he's receiving orders from Great Britain, Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the Middle East, Scotland, Canada, South America, Russia, Belgium, Germany, India, you name it.

Jurisdictional, narrowly used...how about a shirt like this in the Big Apple? Chitown perhaps? Anywhere in LA County? Oakland? Denver? Seattle? Boston? WA DC? ect.
    Yep. He's filling more than a hundred orders a day, and the growth rate is rather steep.

Orders come from all over the world i.e. "All over the planet."

Yep. According to my conversation with him yesterday, he's receiving orders from Great Britain, Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the Middle East, Scotland, Canada, South America, Russia, Belgium, Germany, India, you name it.

Yep. He's filling more than a hundred orders a day, and the growth rate is rather steep.

Orders come from all over the world i.e. "All over the planet."
    I stand corrected...good for him.

So these t-shirt are wonderful yet the consensus when http://pcdcarry.com/ was discussed at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...see-this-stuff was that the idea had passed stupid and was well on its way to idiotic as well as downright dangerous.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I suspect that a cop would be more inclined to hassle you due to a device on your hip vs. a image on a tee shirt...though, we are talking about what a cop would "claim" as his "reasonable belief" at the time are we not?
    Well, yerhonor, it looked like a real gun to me so I was afeared fer me life, got wee ones at home, and as such, knowing that QI is in my back pocket, I ventilated that non-compliant threat for not tossing his scary looking gun onto the ground. It was only after I was searching his person that I realized it was just a picture on his tee shirt. His buddy had one of those fake guns, that is a gun/holster in one, on his hip and he complied with my "request" and tossed it onto the ground, thus I did not ventilate him because he complied with my "request."
    Or some such thing.

I wonder how well they would go over at the State House in Olympia. We cannot Open Carry a weapon there, but they do require you to have a shirt on.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I suspect that a cop would be more inclined to hassle you due to a device on your hip vs. a image on a tee shirt...though, we are talking about what a cop would "claim" as his "reasonable belief" at the time are we not?Or some such thing.
    Exactly it has become acceptable by the courts for using deadly force for non compliance. Since a person with a gun shirt cannot drop a picture of a gun, so sad, too bad, we have a winner of the stupid lottery.

I can see wearing this type of wear in certain first amendment situations/protests with video recording, just in case someone does get ventilated. These would be a good idea for the Washington state legislature rule against OC. I certainly think any parent who would let their child wear this shirt out in public is a moron.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

I laugh out loud whenever I hear a LEO talking about how they support gun rights and the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    So these t-shirt are wonderful yet the consensus when http://pcdcarry.com/ was discussed at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...see-this-stuff was that the idea had passed stupid and was well on its way to idiotic as well as downright dangerous.
    Except for one thing, skidmark. He's been at it for more than a year and a half, yet none of your or others' many nay-sayings have every come to pass. I'm not saying they won't at some time in the future. However, given a database of many tens of thousands of t-shirts already sold around the world without any such incident, it's highly unlikely that should any such incident ever occur, it would be a part of any "trend." Rather, it would an isolated incident, much like the guy who was showing off his first firearm by OCing, without bullets, around 2 am, and had it taken away from him. Funny, yes. Thankfully, it wasn't tragic. Regardless, it was isolated.

In the meantime, just listen to the guy in this 30-second spot on CBS. His response was simple, well-grounded, and straightforward.

When I first heard about this, I thought precisely the same thing as you: "t's a target. It's a mistake. It's dangerous. Not smart to wear a t-shirt that looks like a gun when you don't actually have a gun."

I was wrong.

Only recently did I realize that you're no more likely to be accosted or shot for looking like you're OCing than you are for OCing. For years we've been telling people precisely that. We've been telling them that OCing does not make us an instant target.

Rail all you want. It's a free country. Just realize the data has been coming in for over a year and a half, and it says otherwise, loud and clear.

All I did was point out how differently the two products were received. Nothing was said about "you'll get shot/arrested/fat if you ...."

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Elhuero View Post
    I laugh out loud whenever I hear a LEO talking about how they support gun rights and the second amendment.
    I have several friends that are cops, and they do support 2A. Of course, they're only street cops, not management.

Except for one thing, skidmark. He's been at it for more than a year and a half, yet none of your or others' many nay-sayings have every come to pass. I'm not saying they won't at some time in the future. However, given a database of many tens of thousands of t-shirts already sold around the world without any such incident, it's highly unlikely that should any such incident ever occur, it would be a part of any "trend." Rather, it would an isolated incident, much like the guy who was showing off his first firearm by OCing, without bullets, around 2 am, and had it taken away from him. Funny, yes. Thankfully, it wasn't tragic. Regardless, it was isolated.

In the meantime, just listen to the guy in this 30-second spot on CBS. His response was simple, well-grounded, and straightforward.

When I first heard about this, I thought precisely the same thing as you: "t's a target. It's a mistake. It's dangerous. Not smart to wear a t-shirt that looks like a gun when you don't actually have a gun."

I was wrong.

Only recently did I realize that you're no more likely to be accosted or shot for looking like you're OCing than you are for OCing. For years we've been telling people precisely that. We've been telling them that OCing does not make us an instant target.

Rail all you want. It's a free country. Just realize the data has been coming in for over a year and a half, and it says otherwise, loud and clear.
    Except people have been shot OCing non firearms, in several cases. One case a individual was shot just complying and getting his drivers license as commanded. I assume Skid, as I, is not talking about the common criminal, but the few negligent police officers an individual may come in contact with. Some anti in a Walmart could see the shirt and Swatt the shirt wearer and the police respond, and shoot because they claim he did not put the gun down fast enough. Or in the case of a shirt, not at all.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Except people have been shot OCing non firearms, in several cases.
    People have been shot OCing water sprinklers and a whole lot of other things, including nothing at all. Your point?

Some anti in a Walmart could see the shirt and Swatt the shirt wearer and the police respond, and shoot because they claim he did not put the gun down fast enough. Or in the case of a shirt, not at all.
    You DO realize you're sounding EXACTLY like the antis, don't you?

Let's try this on: You shouldn't OC because someone in Walmart might see the gun and call the police. When the police respond, they shoot because they claim he did not put the gun down fast enough.

Sound familiar?

Yeah...
    Last edited by since9; 03-02-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Moving on - merely breathing increases the risk that some cop somewhere at some time is going to over-react for some reason.

Worrying about what some cop may or may not do is not why I carry a holstered handgun.

These shirts, just like the "Perceiced Carry" items, have the likelihood of confusing those who are the main reason I carry and handgun. As such, they have the likelihood of either a) working effectively as a deterrent or b) not working as a deterrent.

Wearing one of these shirts, like wearing a hunk of plastic that looks like a holstered handgun but isn't, IMHO puts the wearer at a disadvantage when the deterrent factor does not work. There is nothing left to fall back to.

That has nothing to do with how antis and/or cops may or may not react. It has to do with my options for coming out the other side at least physically the same as I went in. ("Everybody goes home alive at the end of the day" is not just for cops.)

You may now return to discussing how cool these shirts look and who is going to get shot first.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhuero View Post
    I groan out loud whenever I read such comments on this board. A number of our members are LEOs or former LEOs, a few of us are/were certified state police instructors or similar, myself included.

While the entertainment value may be good for you, the negative posture in which it places OCDO is not going to be lightly accepted.

Attended an OC breakfast recently where a major (rank) of a large organization was present and in uniform. Nice breakfast, good conversation, no one laughed at him.........he is very pro RKBA, 2A, legal carry for all.

Google Sheriff Danny Diggs for another and/or check out the Sheriff's site for Tazwell County, Va. Believe me there are others - times are changing.

Returning you to the regular scheduled program - back on topic.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

[QUOTE=since9;2130074]
    Except people have been shot OCing non firearms, in several cases.[/qutoe]

People have been shot OCing water sprinklers and a whole lot of other things, including nothing at all. Your point?

You DO realize you're sounding EXACTLY like the antis, don't you?

Let's try this on: You shouldn't OC because someone in Walmart might see the gund and call the police. When the police respond, and shoot because they claim he did not put the gun down fast enough.

Sound familiar?

Yeah...
    I consider wearing a shirt for crime deterrence the act of an idiot. I am anti idiots!

YMMV
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-28-2015 at 10:18 AM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast