• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Man’s Realistic Gun Shirts Come With A Warning

WalkingWolf

That would be great for protests, I am not so sure it is a good idea otherwise. Unless one is actually carrying a backup gun, or concealed gun. Because if you can carry a real gun openly, why wear a fake gun?

I would definitely advise against children wearing such a shirt, we know how that would turn out.

Plus remember if a toy gun can get you arrested, I would imagine print on a shirt would have the same effect. And can you imagine the horror of someone with a misdemeanor record wearing such a shirt? The anti gun loons would come unglued.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
That would be great for protests, I am not so sure it is a good idea otherwise. Unless one is actually carrying a backup gun, or concealed gun. Because if you can carry a real gun openly, why wear a fake gun?

I would definitely advise against children wearing such a shirt, we know how that would turn out.

Plus remember if a toy gun can get you arrested, I would imagine print on a shirt would have the same effect. And can you imagine the horror of someone with a misdemeanor record wearing such a shirt? The anti gun loons would come unglued.

They're being worn all over the planet, without any such horror stories coming true.

You're starting to sound like the doom and gloom the antis usually put out.

since9

Campaign Veteran
UPDATE! Live interview 2/17/15 with NRA News at 4:30 pm Eastern

Today, February 16, 2015, at 4:30 pm Eastern time, the designer and owner of the t-shirt company will be appearing in a live interview by NRA News.

He's a good man. He's been carrying for decades; just started OCing about 18 months ago. :)

OC for ME

They're being worn all over the planet, without any such horror stories coming true.

Planet? All over? Jurisdictional, narrowly used...how about a shirt like this in the Big Apple? Chitown perhaps? Anywhere in LA County? Oakland? Denver? Seattle? Boston? WA DC? ect.

WalkingWolf

Texas a citizen was arrested with a toy gun in a courthouse recently. A toy gun is no more illegal than a image of a gun, IMO. AFAIK Texas has no laws against the open carry of toy guns, but it did not stop the arrest. And most of us here know how children and fake guns come out when they encounter police.

And that is not even taking into account if the gun is actually needed, that would be interesting wouldn't it? IIRC a man with a gun tattoo had the police called on him, A TATTOO!

Last edited:

OC for ME

... IIRC a man with a gun tattoo had the police called on him, A TATTOO!
This is, as would be the shirt thing, a cop problem and a cop problem only. Any cop who does not ask "Where can I get one of those, and how much is it?" needs to be fired right there on the spot. A top cop who supports his minion for interacting with a citizen wearing a shirt, or "wearing" a tattoo, for anything other than what I contend that cop should be asking, is the centerpiece of all that is wrong with LE.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Planet? All over?

Yep. According to my conversation with him yesterday, he's receiving orders from Great Britain, Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the Middle East, Scotland, Canada, South America, Russia, Belgium, Germany, India, you name it.

Jurisdictional, narrowly used...how about a shirt like this in the Big Apple? Chitown perhaps? Anywhere in LA County? Oakland? Denver? Seattle? Boston? WA DC? ect.

Yep. He's filling more than a hundred orders a day, and the growth rate is rather steep.

Orders come from all over the world i.e. "All over the planet."

OC for ME

Yep. According to my conversation with him yesterday, he's receiving orders from Great Britain, Pakistan, South Africa, Australia, Indonesia, Japan, the Middle East, Scotland, Canada, South America, Russia, Belgium, Germany, India, you name it.

Yep. He's filling more than a hundred orders a day, and the growth rate is rather steep.

Orders come from all over the world i.e. "All over the planet."
I stand corrected...good for him.

OC for ME

I suspect that a cop would be more inclined to hassle you due to a device on your hip vs. a image on a tee shirt...though, we are talking about what a cop would "claim" as his "reasonable belief" at the time are we not?
Well, yerhonor, it looked like a real gun to me so I was afeared fer me life, got wee ones at home, and as such, knowing that QI is in my back pocket, I ventilated that non-compliant threat for not tossing his scary looking gun onto the ground. It was only after I was searching his person that I realized it was just a picture on his tee shirt. His buddy had one of those fake guns, that is a gun/holster in one, on his hip and he complied with my "request" and tossed it onto the ground, thus I did not ventilate him because he complied with my "request."
Or some such thing.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I wonder how well they would go over at the State House in Olympia. We cannot Open Carry a weapon there, but they do require you to have a shirt on.

WalkingWolf

I suspect that a cop would be more inclined to hassle you due to a device on your hip vs. a image on a tee shirt...though, we are talking about what a cop would "claim" as his "reasonable belief" at the time are we not?Or some such thing.

Exactly it has become acceptable by the courts for using deadly force for non compliance. Since a person with a gun shirt cannot drop a picture of a gun, so sad, too bad, we have a winner of the stupid lottery.

I can see wearing this type of wear in certain first amendment situations/protests with video recording, just in case someone does get ventilated. These would be a good idea for the Washington state legislature rule against OC. I certainly think any parent who would let their child wear this shirt out in public is a moron.

since9

Campaign Veteran
So these t-shirt are wonderful yet the consensus when http://pcdcarry.com/ was discussed at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...s-quot-No-Really-You-ve-got-to-see-this-stuff was that the idea had passed stupid and was well on its way to idiotic as well as downright dangerous.

Except for one thing, skidmark. He's been at it for more than a year and a half, yet none of your or others' many nay-sayings have every come to pass. I'm not saying they won't at some time in the future. However, given a database of many tens of thousands of t-shirts already sold around the world without any such incident, it's highly unlikely that should any such incident ever occur, it would be a part of any "trend." Rather, it would an isolated incident, much like the guy who was showing off his first firearm by OCing, without bullets, around 2 am, and had it taken away from him. Funny, yes. Thankfully, it wasn't tragic. Regardless, it was isolated.

In the meantime, just listen to the guy in this 30-second spot on CBS. His response was simple, well-grounded, and straightforward.

When I first heard about this, I thought precisely the same thing as you: "t's a target. It's a mistake. It's dangerous. Not smart to wear a t-shirt that looks like a gun when you don't actually have a gun."

I was wrong.

Only recently did I realize that you're no more likely to be accosted or shot for looking like you're OCing than you are for OCing. For years we've been telling people precisely that. We've been telling them that OCing does not make us an instant target.

Rail all you want. It's a free country. Just realize the data has been coming in for over a year and a half, and it says otherwise, loud and clear.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
All I did was point out how differently the two products were received. Nothing was said about "you'll get shot/arrested/fat if you ...."

stay safe.