• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington: Radical Anti-Gun Bill to be Heard in Committee This Week

44Brent

One of the problems citizens have is that no organization is providing information as to:

1) Which anti-bills have a strong chance of passing. and need a strong public response.
2) Which anti-bills have a weak chance of passing, and can be safely ignored.
3) Which pro-bills are feasible and which are not feasible.

Joe Waldron sends out GOAL alerts on a fairly regular basis, but he doesn't provide sufficient information that ranks bills as to which ones need public pressure, supporting or opposing. I asked him to do something to prioritize his requested actions, but he doesn't want to do this.

Right now pro-freedom citizens are essentially leaderless in WA (in comparison to other states such as Virginia) and we are passive observers, instead of acting as strongly focused action groups.

jsanchez

I don't see a problem

if you don't make threats or commit acts of violence you don't have an issue.

jsanchez

Did you leave your computer open to your account and some anti-gun anti-freedom anti-rights ...ummmm.....person....make a comment on your login? Or have you really been duped (or is that doped?) by their propaganda to believe this?

that's funny I love your quote. how many false complaints have been made for an open carrier taking their guns out of there holster or threatening somebody?

McFly? Anybody? Anybody?

so why would you assume this to be a bad thing if this law had been in effect for the cafe racer shooter would he have been stopped before the crimes were committed just asking can't you see the reasonableness in this everybody needs to take an anger management course if you can't control your anger.

OC for ME

that's funny I love your quote. how many false complaints have been made for an open carrier taking their guns out of there holster or threatening somebody?

McFly? Anybody? Anybody?

so why would you assume this to be a bad thing if this law had been in effect for the cafe racer shooter would he have been stopped before the crimes were committed just asking can't you see the reasonableness in this everybody needs to take an anger management course if you can't control your anger.
The spouse who uses, could use, this law to their advantage during a contentious divorce/separation. False claims are routinely made in this type of interpersonal dynamic.

jsanchez

Well, at least that answers my question I posed. So you want the government to be able to restrict someone's right to self-defense by bearing arms based on the testimony of one person for which no evidence exists of the truth of their claim? Have you even read this bill or are you just believing the anti-gun groups' propaganda?

When I was getting divorced my ex-wife filed for a restraining order against me which would have removed my firearms rights. I was extremely lucky the judge had a tiny little bit of common sense left when he denied her restraining order based solely on the fact that we were already living 1,300 miles apart.

People file ridiculous claims every day and this bill would allow the court to "on an ex parte basis, pending a full hearing, enjoining the subject of the petition from having in his or her custody or control, purchasing, possessing, or receiving, or attempting to purchase or receive, a firearm or dangerous weapon." Do you understand what the terms "ex parte" and "pending a full hearing" mean? That means that someone's "family or household member" can request the court to order your guns confiscated without ever having to see you or your lawyer or give you a chance to defend yourself and the bill requires the court to make that decision on the same day that the request is filed! Is that what you really want?

go read Section 4 of the original bill you gotta be a real knucklehead to get this restraining order put against you

it's going to take 48 hours for them to confiscate your guns I can transfer my guns somebody else in 24

after the issue the order within 14 days you're going to have a hearing and then they're going to decide if it needs to be extended for a year or not

if you get a really anti gun judge I can see where you might have a problem but I don't live in King County so there's probably a good chance I'm going to get a judge that's halfway fare.

jsanchez

You don't have to be a real knucklehead. All that is required is for ONE person to convince ONE judge that you are a real knucklehead.

48 hours based on what?

Oh, sure....and after the last "reasonable and common sense regulation" passed you would have to get the background check done on the recipient and pay the transfer fees

You can't even spell fair. How many fair judges are left? And let's examine the judge's options:

1. The judge can grant the order, and if the judge is wrong on granting the order who takes the fall? The person requesting the order takes the fall, not the judge, because they made a false statement under oath - or at a minimum they can claim that they made the statements under oath in good faith.

2. The judge can deny the order and trust that someone who has not even appeared before them is not the "knucklehead" that the request claims that person is. If the judge is wrong and that person does end up committing a violent crime with a firearm, who is going to take the fall?

Option 1, judge has an easy scapegoat. Option 2, judge gets blasted in the media for denying the order. Which option do you think the majority of judges in this state will opt for?

look go read the bottom of page three the top of page four and it spells out exactly what the individual has to do wrong. I think if a person does this stuff that is outlined he deserves to have his gun rights taken away.

SovereigntyOrDeath

You are missing the point entirely. The subject does not have to do any of those things wrong. All that is required is for the judge to believe the person asking for the protection order when they claim the subject is doing something wrong, including in that list just purchasing a firearm or ammunition. No proof or evidence of such actions is required (evidence is optional) - only the claim made by the person asking for the protection order.

At 12 pm this motion is filed with the court, "My brother did 3 tours in Iraq. He has nightmares due to PTSD and is taking Prazosin for it. Yesterday his wife told me he bought an assault rifle and 4 high capacity clips for it and a case of bullets. I'm afraid he is going to shoot his wife or kids because of PTSD. " The judge has to issue or deny the protective order that same day. What do you think the judge will do?

That is exactly what the anti's want. No evidence, just need to accuse and take the guns. I can see it now. LAC leaving his house for a day of shooting with various guns. Neighbor sees him loading up guns and ammo into his vehicle. Neighbor calls cops. "My neighbor is going to go shoot up a school" "He is a crazy vet"

Guns confiscated.

We don't need more bloody gun laws. period.

jsanchez

You are missing the point entirely. The subject does not have to do any of those things wrong. All that is required is for the judge to believe the person asking for the protection order when they claim the subject is doing something wrong, including in that list just purchasing a firearm or ammunition. No proof or evidence of such actions is required (evidence is optional) - only the claim made by the person asking for the protection order.

At 12 pm this motion is filed with the court, "My brother did 3 tours in Iraq. He has nightmares due to PTSD and is taking Prazosin for it. Yesterday his wife told me he bought an assault rifle and 4 high capacity clips for it and a case of bullets. I'm afraid he is going to shoot his wife or kids because of PTSD. " The judge has to issue or deny the protective order that same day. What do you think the judge will do?

The Judge will deny it, because there is no history of violence, no threat of violence, no criminal record of violence, no drug or alcohol addiction, no domestic violence, no breaking of a protection order. He is going to hand you a box of kleenx to give to your brother for his runny nose, a common side effect of taking Prazosin.

OC for ME

The Judge will deny it, because there is no history of violence, no threat of violence, no criminal record of violence, no drug or alcohol addiction, no domestic violence, no breaking of a protection order. He is going to hand you a box of kleenx to give to your brother for his runny nose, a common side effect of taking Prazosin.
If it is true, in WA, that the request for the order must be decided the day the order is requested, how exactly does a judge accomplish all of the background investigations that you clearly indicate would occur to nix the approval of the request. These days a judge will err on the side of caution and let a civil court decide the fate of the citizen filing a false claim. Also, a cop can file a order with a court...no path to abuse either.

OC Freedom

Washington: Radical Anti-Gun Bill Passes First Committee by One Vote, Up for Another

West v East Washington

Seattleites seem to love gun control.

I am sure Bill Gates will throw money in and it will pass too.

Washingtonians are getting screwed again.

West vs Eastern Washington was another reason I left Spokane after living there for 15 years. The I-5 corridor from Oregon to Canada is full of left wing gun control nut-jobs, forcing their Anti-American laws upon the rest of the state.

It seems this bill is moving forward;

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-by-one-vote-up-for-another-vote-on-wednesday

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
if you don't make threats or commit acts of violence you don't have an issue.

Remember those "moms against everything" people? Remember them telling the membership to call 911 every time they see an open carrier? Do you really think this will be advantageous? Are you really Jsanchez?

The "moms" call us in and they do not get charged with false reports.

jsanchez

Remember those "moms against everything" people? Remember them telling the membership to call 911 every time they see an open carrier? Do you really think this will be advantageous? Are you really Jsanchez?

The "moms" call us in and they do not get charged with false reports.

let them call until their fingers bleed I need another 8,000 dollars.

jsanchez

West vs Eastern Washington was another reason I left Spokane after living there for 15 years. The I-5 corridor from Oregon to Canada is full of left wing gun control nut-jobs, forcing their Anti-American laws upon the rest of the state.

It seems this bill is moving

there is a new sub bill that got added haven't read it yet

this comment is directed to everybody on this thread that seems a little paranoid,
turn off the Fox News come out of the bunker it's springtime, you might want to get your groundwater checked because there might be something in it this causing this paranoia.

if you don't like this bill come up with a better one and stop hating.
hating hasn't won any battles.

March Hare

<snip>

</snip>

This, right here ^^^^^

I can't believe that anyone would support a law that would allow a court to remove someones' Right to Arms without due process.

-MH

Last edited:

March Hare

this comment is directed to everybody on this thread that seems a little paranoid,
turn off the Fox News come out of the bunker it's springtime, you might want to get your groundwater checked because there might be something in it this causing this paranoia.

Nice application of Rule #5;
“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Why does there need to be a bill in the first place? This is a solution in search of a problem!

-MH

Last edited:

SovereigntyOrDeath

Not paranoia, just Common Sense.

You already have one outrageous law passed this year and now you think we need more laws? OK. Got it. Brilliant.

Last edited:

wittmeba

One of the problems citizens have is that no organization is providing information as to:

1) Which anti-bills have a strong chance of passing. and need a strong public response.
2) Which anti-bills have a weak chance of passing, and can be safely ignored.
3) Which pro-bills are feasible and which are not feasible.

Joe Waldron sends out GOAL alerts on a fairly regular basis, but he doesn't provide sufficient information that ranks bills as to which ones need public pressure, supporting or opposing. I asked him to do something to prioritize his requested actions, but he doesn't want to do this.

Right now pro-freedom citizens are essentially leaderless in WA (in comparison to other states such as Virginia) and we are passive observers, instead of acting as strongly focused action groups.

Perhaps you are already aware, but you can view the Virginia tracking tool and by the "thumbs up" determine which are most important in their eyes. And if you signup to receive the alerts Philip does a good job of asking for help, contacting politicians when needed.
http://www2.vcdl.org/webapps/vcdl/2015leg.html

Last edited: