Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New jersey-ites is this really true?

New jersey-ites is this really true?

I came across an article saying that a teacher is going to jail and facing felony charges for carrying an antique gun? And NJ doesn't distinguish between old/antique and modern ones? I also heard that a lady CCed accidentally in NJ and was arrested. Is it that bad there?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-just-any-gun/

"... tip of the iceberg."

NO

No, it is not that bad here. IT IS WORSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Believe me, it is much worse. Major OOOFFFAAAHHH!!!

I rate NJ ahead of NY in terms of being the worst anti 2A state in the United States...

Think of this... In reviewing the NJ state constitution revised in 1947... There is no mention of a 2A right that gives its citizens " the right to keep and bear arms"...

Here is what the 2A in NJ is.

" All political power, is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection,security, and benefit of the people, and they have the right at all times to alter or reform the same, whenever the public good may require it..."

So my friends, no mention in the NJ constitution that its citizens have a right to keep and bear arms...

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

I saw the video of the stop and arrest on another site.

The sheriff was a complete assh.. The gentleman should have never given the sheriff permission to search his vehicle...In the video their is no mention of what RAS the sheriff gave for making the stop, it looks like a rural area in NJ and I did not observe any other vehicles in the area...

The good news for Mr. Vanglider is that his attorney, is the very best in the state on gun laws and the 2A.

I will be following this case front start to finish...

On a side note, that antique flintlock looked well made and appears to be a valuable piece of gun history.

My .02

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".

Wow. Makes me feel safer driving through the ghettos of north St. Louis than going to the State of New Jersey for any reason. I never thought there was a nuttier state than California, but New Jersey takes the cake!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjasper View Post
    Wow. Makes me feel safer driving through the ghettos of north St. Louis than going to the State of New Jersey for any reason. I never thought there was a nuttier state than California, but New Jersey takes the cake!!
    +1

Regular Member SovereigntyOrDeath's Avatar
    Just watched the video. I hope Van Gilder gets his legal bills paid for by donation. He is risking his pension to fight the good fight. It is a complete violation of his 2nd Amendment rights in my opinion. Hopefully they can apply McDonald v. Chicago precedent to overturn such draconian state interference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Gu6nBQI8ZVo
    "Nullification is the rightful remedy" Thomas Jefferson
    http://tracking.tenthamendmentcenter...-preservation/

"Constitutional Carry is not an oxymoron"
    A Sovereign

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I rate NJ ahead of NY in terms of being the worst anti 2A state in the United States...

Think of this... In reviewing the NJ state constitution revised in 1947... There is no mention of a 2A right that gives its citizens " the right to keep and bear arms"...

Here is what the 2A in NJ is.

" All political power, is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for the protection,security, and benefit of the people, and they have the right at all times to alter or reform the same, whenever the public good may require it..."

So my friends, no mention in the NJ constitution that its citizens have a right to keep and bear arms...

Regards
    CCJ
    There is so much commotion about the supremacy clause. The president claims that Arizona has no right to protect it's borders. It is their job. What I mean is that the US constitution is the supreme law of the land. The state constitution is subservient to it otherwise what's the purpose of the US constitution? Something is very wrong in NJ.
    The 14th Amendment states in section 1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Hello? But the liars.. I mean lawyers would say oh it is more complicated than that. That's pulling wool over our eyes. I don't believe for a second the bloggers from NJ are that stupid.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-26-2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Rule #19

Man, 72, faces 10 years in prison for antique pistol: ‘Beware of New Jersey’

Didn't know the state law. Nobody to blame but himself.

Also, didn't need to declare the firearm - again, didn't know the law. No duty to inform, no duty whatsoever to discuss a firearm. Probably failed to keep his car in good operating condition.

Bad law? Yes. No excuse for LAC not to know them WRT handguns.

Should have moved state earlier. Sad to hear it might affect his pension.

I hear it is against the law to be fat in New Jersey, unless you are the governor of course.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Didn't know the state law. Nobody to blame but himself.

Also, didn't need to declare the firearm - again, didn't know the law. No duty to inform, no duty whatsoever to discuss a firearm. Probably failed to keep his car in good operating condition.

Bad law? Yes. No excuse for LAC not to know them WRT handguns.

Should have moved state earlier. Sad to hear it might affect his pension.

It is certainly prudent for each of us to know and abide the laws of the several States.

But to blame the victim for being a victim of oppressive laws is absurd. Would you have ever said that a black man in the Jim Crow South had "no excuse" not to know the laws regarding segregation and therefore should have simply moved out of State rather than making the mistake of trying to by a sandwich at an all white lunch counter, or relieve himself in an whites-only restroom?

While no State yet has gun laws in perfect harmony with the clear intent and protections of the 2nd amendment (or even their own State Constitutional RKBA provisions in most cases), there are a few States that are so insanely oppressively that no rational, moral man can view the laws as anything other than the current version of Jim Crow directed against otherwise law abiding citizens who happen to be gun owners.

We obey the laws. But we also get to call a spade a spade when laws are beyond all defense.

Blaming the victim is needlessly and offensive. Doubly so in an era when our President and Attorney General are taking their "discretionary" powers to all kinds of new limits regarding those who very deliberately violate our immigration, employment, and ID laws. There are real victims with ID theft/fraud. Who was hurt in this case except the guy getting prosecuted?

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Good lesson for everyone here about talking too much. He had no reason to inform the officer. It isnt like it's a functioning weapon actually.

Another site mentioned that some officers thought they should just let it go but the sheriff said, no the law is the law and he broke it. (he wasnt arrested till the next day when they sent four LEOs to his house).

Quote Originally Posted by cjasper View Post
    Now hold it right there, Let's give Kalifornia a couple of weeks, I'm sure they will do something to top New Jersey.
    Come on Kalifornia don't allow New Jersey to oppress its subjects more than you, where's your Pride?

But as our resident apologist will tell you, talking to the police is good, and keeps you from going to jail.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Just one of many reasons I will NEVER vote for the New Jewsey Fat Boy for anything, I'd even go 3rd party if he gets the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Just one of many reasons I will NEVER vote for the New Jewsey Fat Boy for anything, I'd even go 3rd party if he gets the nomination.
    I pray he does not get the nomination, I certainly will vote against him in the primaries. As far as the presidential election he is no different than Billary. In that case it would be a choice of equal evils.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

So, if Christie Chris is a liberty loving politician he will pick up the phone and chastise that nitwit sheriff...no?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    So, if Christie Chris is a liberty loving politician he will pick up the phone and chastise that nitwit sheriff...no?
    There are a number of things Fat Boy as Governor could do to stop this travesty in it's tracks.... Don't hold your breath.

Lex iniusta non est lex- St. Augustine

I was born in NJ. I escaped right after high school and only go back when ordered to do so.
    The russians now have better 2A rights than the population of NJ. Whoda thunkit.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ans-carry-guns

http://www.businessinsider.com/russi...rifles-2014-11

http://finance.townhall.com/columnis...1915/page/full
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regardless of supposed drug possession, RKBA still doesn't exist in NJ. I am wondering how this happened historically? This is a no brainer. Is there a group of constitutional originalists out there to begin a process of RKBA?

This is what happens when you live in a police state. NJ can go to hades. It's a demonic state with retarded voters.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast