Thread: Support Delegate Wright

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Support Delegate Wright

A new VCDL Alert claims Delegate Tommy Wright is being unfairly attacked by anti gun people. Well that's true. Supporting or defending him presents a dilimma though and tweaks a major problem with activism. The one issue vote.
    Wright does support gun owners at least to an extent, so does Lee Ware. They are also the shadowy reflections of Saslaw and Marsh when it comes to supporting land owners rights. Saslaw for years blocked pro gun bills and Wright blocks reform of the right to retrieve.
    Wright is in my area and I'll be honest, I won't miss him when he's gone.

So it leaves the question, do I support him for his pro 2A stance? Gonna have to think about that one but at the very least I can correct the misinformation being published.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Personal opinion: selecting one worm (issue) ignores that there may be a whole can of them. Jus' sayin'..........
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Personal opinion: selecting one worm (issue) ignores that there may be a whole can of them. Jus' sayin'..........
    Yep...it actually goes against the grain but it seems best to reward the good they do and condemn the bad. Kinda hard when he's the fair haired child on one committee and the redheaded stepson on the next.

Thank him in a letter or email

There are many politicians that I say thank you to when they do the right thing. There are few that I trust and support without reservation. A kind letter or email that says we noticed you did the right thing in committee x about bill y is appropriate.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776