• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Florida 4th DCA ruled today against the right to carry openly in the Norman case

sudden valley gunner

It is good when the elevator hits the top floor.

I intentionally left off any emoticon in my post above and was not stating my conclusion in the subordinate clause "but see the means as being the question." The point was to get others to think, to see the problem(s).

;) I took the bait and used it as a chance to further liberty thinking....

Nothing of course was directed specifically at you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
;) I took the bait and used it as a chance to further liberty thinking....

Nothing of course was directed specifically at you.
Nor were my remarks directed to you personally.

The "elevator/top floor" reference was to those that concluded correctly based on the facts.

BTW - baited hooks are both sharp and barbed :)

Last edited:

Ezek

Nor were my remarks directed to you personally.

The "elevator/top floor" reference was to those that concluded correctly based on the facts.

BTW - baited hooks are both sharp and barbed :)

I think where they try and muddle the whole situation is the fact that you never really "own" your car. you pay sales tax, you pay registration fees, and every year (or two) you pay personal property tax.. if you have to continuously pay tax on it, you don't own it.

there was also something else someone once told me, that the actually ownership was owned by the state or some such thing, and a title was actually just an agreement to lease the vehicle from them. which is why cops can "commandeer" your vehicle if need be.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think where they try and muddle the whole situation is the fact that you never really "own" your car. you pay sales tax, you pay registration fees, and every year (or two) you pay personal property tax.. if you have to continuously pay tax on it, you don't own it.

there was also something else someone once told me, that the actually ownership was owned by the state or some such thing, and a title was actually just an agreement to lease the vehicle from them. which is why cops can "commandeer" your vehicle if need be.

Long but well detailed explanation which includes posse comitatus:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2247/can-cops-really-commandeer-cars