Thread: Deputy draws firearm at movies

Deputy draws firearm at movies

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ater/23604819/

Any guesses what would happen to one of us if we did that?

What ever happened to "If you pull it you better use it"?

Or better yet, how come the deputy did not go find the manager and complain, like the rest of us are told to do?

And finally, did he place them under arrest and call for back-up to haul them away?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Way to escalate the situation! Granted the kids were acting like idiots, and 3 against 1 is never a good thing, but with that being said, he simply had too many choices other then pulling his gun i.e. Move to another seat, speak to the manager, call the cops, etc like a normal person.

Under what circumstances did he not "brandish" his weapon to show force, a crime that would send any other citizen to jail? At a minimum the deputy should be reprimanded and be ordered to take the use of force class again.

If he was truly kicked in the head sufficiently to warrant such a response, he would have pressed battery charges.

That said, he should have. The A-holes should be in jail, WHILE he is in his use-of-force retraining.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    "I would assume he did the right thing," Anthony Bailey, a moviegoer, said of the deputy constable. "At least he didn't shoot anybody."
    my god...is this an accurate representation of way the public feels?

Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 02-18-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    "I would assume he did the right thing," Anthony Bailey, a moviegoer, said of the deputy constable. "At least he didn't shoot anybody."

my god...is this an accurate representation of way the public feels?
    you are so right. You found the hidden truth in all this. I was getting my haircut awhile back and was talking to the lady about firearms and politics . Some LEO was in the news for drawing a gun on someone who informed him of their HCP. The old lady (white hair) lady next to us recounted how an officer had also drawn his firearm at her with her grandson in the back when she said she had a permit. She tacked on "well, it's all about their safety i know". I challenged her and asked if she was ok having a loaded firearm pointed at her/her grandson so the officer could feel safe? Shouldn't he have the common sense to recognize a realistic threat versus a citizen? She agreed but i too thought the same as you. Why are people happy with this?

I can't fault the deputy on this one, he was protecting his loved one.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump