• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC NC situational question

WalkingWolf

I agree, you appear to be very confused in your ability to comprehend a written document; as exemplified by your accrediting a document dealing with a Juvenile to an adult person, twice. Reading into a document ones prejudices, rather than reading out of the document its message, forces the wrong meaning onto the document. (Were you intentionally spreading misinformation).

Do you take credit for the material you post in " " ? " " are used to indicate the work of another AND a link is for anyone who wants to verify the quoted material in the context of the article in which it appears. Is that also confusing for you?

Dancing on the internet~~I give you ONE point, your dodging skills are poor. Please answer the following question directly or we might have to give you a negative number.

Are YOU a attorney for the NRA?

American Patriot

Dancing on the internet~~I give you ONE point, your dodging skills are poor. Please answer the following question directly or we might have to give you a negative number.

Are YOU a attorney for the NRA?

Attacking a messenger is a sure sign that you have no defense for your opinions.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Attacking a messenger is a sure sign that you have no defense for your opinions.

I have options and responsibilities here.

While no personal information such as name and address are in order, you have raised questions and allowed certain assumptions to remain unanswered.

In short, it is time to explain yourself to both the forum and to my satisfaction.

To their credit, no one has accused you of being a troll or provocateur - I certainly hope that is not the case.

Waiting for your early response - you may PM me if there is some sensitive information you wish to share. Otherwise please post your explanation(s) here.

solus

So AP you, through obfustication, admit to completely misrepresenting yourself and position to the forum membership while having the audacity of chastising and belittling other members for calling you out?

me thinks your credibility is null and void.

the mandate for cites is not my requirement, but rather a forum requirement to ensure members are provided appropriate information to make informed decisions from unbiased and unemotionally charged material.

ipse

American Patriot

I have options and responsibilities here.

While no personal information such as name and address are in order, you have raised questions and allowed certain assumptions to remain unanswered.

In short, it is time to explain yourself to both the forum and to my satisfaction.

To their credit, no one has accused you of being a troll or provocateur - I certainly hope that is not the case.

Waiting for your early response - you may PM me if there is some sensitive information you wish to share. Otherwise please post your explanation(s) here.

Of what violation am I being accused?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Of what violation am I being accused?

Rule #16 reads:
(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

Conversely, false attributions about one self would be equally egregious. That is what we define as a "called decision" and I assure you it is valid.

Further, at the top of the Forum Rules you will find:
"We reserve the ABSOLUTE right to contact our members via PM or email regarding moderation issues. Contact for non-moderation activities is governed by forum rules."

This is a moderation issue. Do not make the mistake of ignoring moderation.

1911andSS

I'm new here and will gladly introduce myself in the new member/welcome forum. However-Back to the original question. If u are a ccl holder in NC and stop for one drink after work- put your weapon on the dash and open carry. There is no law forbidding a legal citizen and legal gun owner from processing a firearm after consuming alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

I'm new here and will gladly introduce myself in the new member/welcome forum. However-Back to the original question. If u are a ccl holder in NC and stop for one drink after work- put your weapon on the dash and open carry. There is no law forbidding a legal citizen and legal gun owner from processing a firearm after consuming alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know that is correct, the laws in NC on consumption and carrying concealed are clear, there is no mention of OC. BUT, and this is just my opinion, IF you are using your CHP to OC in a place or business that is restricted without a CHP, then I would think you have to follow those concealed carry rules.

American Patriot

Rule #16 reads:
(16) NO FALSE ATTRIBUTIONS: Editing quoted posts by another member to make it appear as if they said something other than what they intended will NOT be tolerated!

Conversely, false attributions about one self would be equally egregious. That is what we define as a "called decision" and I assure you it is valid.

Further, at the top of the Forum Rules you will find:
"We reserve the ABSOLUTE right to contact our members via PM or email regarding moderation issues. Contact for non-moderation activities is governed by forum rules."

This is a moderation issue. Do not make the mistake of ignoring moderation.

It is not my intention to violate any forum rule nor do I believe I have as, no example has been posted of my editing another's posts, only accusations of such. As of this date I have not received any PM nor email from any moderator. What moderation issue am I being accused of violating?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is not my intention to violate any forum rule nor do I believe I have as, no example has been posted of my editing another's posts, only accusations of such. As of this date I have not received any PM nor email from any moderator. What moderation issue am I being accused of violating?
PM incoming shortly.

bc.cruiser

http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2014/01/does-the-leosa-carry-law-apply-to-you.aspx

"clarifying this law and what it means for law enforcement officers and retired law enforcement officers is a large part of my job as attorney for the National Rifle Association."

May I be forgiven my trespasses:cry:, but I did not assume AP was the author, or the person referred to within the quotation marks. I went so far as to read a portion of the article, and found that the author (James Baranowski) made the statement of himself. I don't think Mr. Baranowski is masquerading as American Patriot.

I realize AP has not answered the direct question presented by Walking Wolf, but that is another issue.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2014/01/does-the-leosa-carry-law-apply-to-you.aspx

"clarifying this law and what it means for law enforcement officers and retired law enforcement officers is a large part of my job as attorney for the National Rifle Association."

May I be forgiven my trespasses:cry:, but I did not assume AP was the author, or the person referred to within the quotation marks. I went so far as to read a portion of the article, and found that the author (James Baranowski) made the statement of himself. I don't think Mr. Baranowski is masquerading as American Patriot.

I realize AP has not answered the direct question presented by Walking Wolf, but that is another issue.
We all should be embarrassed for not taking the clue from the quotation marks around the statement and looked more closely at the article in whch the statement originated; however, it should not be necessary for a reader of these forums to search for an explanation/answer to a direct question that could have/should have received an equally direct answer. In that I think American Patriot was contributory in adding to the confusion - he also did not follow customary format protocol by putting the link below the "I am an attorney" statement, thereby crediting that article as the source. Instead the link was placed first, which would suggest we should read it for routine edification, then that statement was dangled below, almost as a signature line.

Bottom line - AP is not the author of those words. He has not claimed to be an attorney.

I have no problem with saying I goofed. To that regard, I apologize to American Patriot for not being nearly as accurate in my assessment as I should have been - I endorsed that AP answer the question to dispel confusion, when the answer as provided by b.c.cruiser was right there for all to find. Problem with that is, we should not have to search/find the answer to a direct question.

May he without fault cast the first stone - we all contributed to this misunderstanding. Let us put this to rest.

Last edited:

American Patriot

We all should be embarrassed for not taking the clue from the quotation marks around the statement and looked more closely at the article in whch the statement originated; however, it should not be necessary for a reader of these forums to search for an explanation/answer to a direct question that could have/should have received an equally direct answer. In that I think American Patriot was contributory in adding to the confusion - he also did not follow customary format protocol by putting the link below the "I am an attorney" statement, thereby crediting that article as the source. Instead the link was placed first, which would suggest we should read it for routine edification, then that statement was dangled below, almost as a signature line.

Bottom line - AP is not the author of those words. He has not claimed to be an attorney.

I have no problem with saying I goofed. To that regard, I apologize to American Patriot for not being nearly as accurate in my assessment as I should have been - I endorsed that AP answer the question to dispel confusion, when the answer as provided by b.c.cruiser was right there for all to find. Problem with that is, we should not have to search/find the answer to a direct question.

May he without fault cast the first stone - we all contributed to this misunderstanding. Let us put this to rest.

Thanks Grapeshot...

WalkingWolf

So now let's get back to your citation, what you have posted of that citation has nothing to do with what was asked. So I don't have to dig to find what part of the cite YOU are referencing I ask that you show us so there are no more misunderstandings.

solus

sorry... embarrassment is not a trait of my make up grapeshot...

what is a facet of my make up is to walk away from the those who feel the need to boost their ego at the expense of others.

therefore, I shan't waste any further energy dealing with this individual as IMHO the OPs query has been adequately answered w/o further intervention by myself.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had this been posted like this (edited and modified version for illustrative purposes only) then there would have been no confusion.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by A P

By the author:
http://www.policemag.com/channel/wea...ly-to-you.aspx

We have already said that a simple answer would have sufficed too.

Again - let us put this to rest!