Thread: SC - Open Carry of a NON-FIREABLE Replica Flintlock Pistol during re-enactments?

Wink SC - Open Carry of a NON-FIREABLE Replica Flintlock Pistol during re-enactments?

I know that "Open Carry" is currently illegal in SC. BUT, IS THE FOLLOWING REALLY A PROBLEM?

I expect to be part of a ceremony later this year which honors Revolutionary War Patriots. I expect to be in "period attire" similar to that of a southern militia soldier during the Revolutionary War.

I would like to carry - on my belt in a suitable holster - an UNFIREABLE Flintlock Pistol replica which is purported to be like that General George Washington used during the conflict with the British. This is nothing more than a look-a-like that cannot even fire something like a BB.

Am I likely to be accused of violating the SC gun laws? I do have a SC carry permit, so I certainly do not care to cause me a problem with that.

I would like credible stories/experiences anyone may have. Or, a suggestion as to some organization that might be able to give me credible and correct information/advice.

North Chesterfield VA
    Will you be part of an organized re-enactment? Or a "parade" - to use/abuse that term. Most likely they need a permit of some sort, as my recollection is they go around shooting off BP muskets and cannons all over the place. Many folks also have swords/sabers/bayonets that get waved around (in a controlled manner).

Check with the organizers about your non-firing replica at the event.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Perhaps mail it to HQ and pick it up on the day?

Or, contact your Sheriff and get a letter saying you're exempt from arrest/confiscation/detainment on that day?

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    SECTION 16-23-270. Article not applicable to antique firearms.
    .............>>> A Normie's Guide to the Alt-Right <<<.............
    Following condemnations by Hillary Clinton, everyone in the world is now trying to define exactly what the Alt-Right is. Most of them are getting it wrong.

White Oak Plantation
    If yer goin huntin, OC is legit, just tell Barney Fife that yer huntin Hessians and Red Coats.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare