Thread: Oregon and Medieval Weaponry

Oregon and Medieval Weaponry

a little bit about me:
    I make medieval armor, and have a suit or two just laying around. I guess you could say I'm maybe a bit of a freak, i'm into nerd chique. as far as I know, it's not illegal to have or wear it, even if it's just for the heck of it, but what about weapons? I don't bring my weapons with me anywhere, but currently I have a 40" scimitar, a 18" machete, and i'm planning on buying another sword that's probably going to be around 40" again. I live in Oregon, near Portland, and I'm not sure about the laws regarding weapons like these.

normally, they're just for show. to date, I haven't brought one of these magnificent blades out into public.
    but as I don't own a gun, am sane (within acceptable deviations), and am not a felon, I was wondering if there were any laws that you guys would know of, that would prevent me from having one of these weapons on me in, say, the bad part of town?
    and, are there laws preventing me from walking into a store and buying chips or something while I have one on me? I'm a law abiding citizen, and while people in Portland are normally used to weird stuff like this, the police officers may be another matter.

There are no illegal weapons in the state of oregon, that doesnt mean that there may not be local laws against whatever it is you wish to carry
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Think you have just been trolled by a drive-by.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Think you have just been trolled by a drive-by.
    Grape, I think you may underestimate just how weird Portland is these days.
    Han shot first.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waskel View Post
    Grape, I think you may underestimate just how weird Portland is these days.
    That may be, but it stands that the OP has not been back - over a month now and nothing but crickets.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

one might think that i was trolled but prior to answering i realized that i do have a couple of friends who actually make armour and and are blade enthusiasts but dont own guns.... so in case this was real
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~