• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon and Medieval Weaponry

itssparky

a little bit about me:
I make medieval armor, and have a suit or two just laying around. I guess you could say I'm maybe a bit of a freak, i'm into nerd chique. as far as I know, it's not illegal to have or wear it, even if it's just for the heck of it, but what about weapons? I don't bring my weapons with me anywhere, but currently I have a 40" scimitar, a 18" machete, and i'm planning on buying another sword that's probably going to be around 40" again. I live in Oregon, near Portland, and I'm not sure about the laws regarding weapons like these.

normally, they're just for show. to date, I haven't brought one of these magnificent blades out into public.
but as I don't own a gun, am sane (within acceptable deviations), and am not a felon, I was wondering if there were any laws that you guys would know of, that would prevent me from having one of these weapons on me in, say, the bad part of town?
and, are there laws preventing me from walking into a store and buying chips or something while I have one on me? I'm a law abiding citizen, and while people in Portland are normally used to weird stuff like this, the police officers may be another matter.

Teddybearfrmhell

one might think that i was trolled but prior to answering i realized that i do have a couple of friends who actually make armour and and are blade enthusiasts but dont own guns.... so in case this was real