• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF ammo ban on M855/SS109

Ezek

You guys think this will make it in Missouri after the passing of SB 656 restricts any "chilling" effects on guns, their accessories and ammunition?

could be an interesting time.

I think the ban is ridiculous as any IIIA armor worth it's weight stops 5.56 rounds even up to 75 grain.

REALteach4u

I'd be more apt to ask the question of what ammo would be next. If you read the ban itself prior to de-banning SS109/XM855, it includes copper core ammunition. That could be interpreted to mean that these lead-free (all copper) bullets are illegal as well. If they can claim these "tipped" rounds are illegal, then couldn't they also go for ANY tipped round regardless of material as well as heavy copper tips on rounds like some of the 308?

Why not 204 Ruger, 5.7, 308 Win, 308 NAT), 270 WM, 300 WSM, and many more?

It's Pandora's box.

Renegadez

If they get away with this banning of Ammo will never end. This is the next testing step. Gubment doesn't need to ban fire arms if they get the ammo Doe Run, lead smelting plant located in Herculaneum, Mo closed awhile back. Lake City Ammunition Plant in Blue Springs MO is now 100% strictly military Ammo and they used to supply ammo ot all kinds of vendors. (Remington, CCI, federal and such)