• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does this make me a"Test Case"?

bloodhound13

I am a member of another Concealed Handgun Forum and thought I would post over here as well:

On our way to our property in Jacksboro, we ran across a downed fence and about 6 horses milling about the two lane highway where the speed limit is 70MPH. My wife looked up Jack County Non-Emergency number and called it in, while I did my best to start getting the horses back behind the fence. While there, another truck arrived, and we found they were the owners, and appreciated the help. Jack County Sherriff's Deputy arrives and we all start "herding" the reluctant horses back into the fence. They had obviously found that the grass was indeed greener on the other side, and wanted to graze more than move. While running back and forth, and a lot of hand waving, we finally managed to get the horses back on their side of the fence, and off the highway. It is then that the Deputy approaches, asks if we called it in, and thanked us. As we were turning to leave, he calls out "Oh, and Sir, you started Open Carrying about 20 minutes ago. If you could go back to Concealed Carry, that would be great." He got in his cruiser and pulled away chuckling as we waved.

No blood in the street, no parentless orphans, no lightning strikes, nada....I was kind of disappointed.

mustangkiller

Congrats on meeting one of the officers who has a brain and realized you didn't intentionally fail to conceal.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm pretty sure there is a clause somewhere that allows you in an emergency to do stuff that is otherwise illegal. Except possibly impersonating a cop by directing traffic.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am a member of another Concealed Handgun Forum and thought I would post over here as well:

--snipped--

As we were turning to leave, he calls out "Oh, and Sir, you started Open Carrying about 20 minutes ago. If you could go back to Concealed Carry, that would be great." He got in his cruiser and pulled away chuckling as we waved.

No blood in the street, no parentless orphans, no lightning strikes, nada....I was kind of disappointed.

Welcome aboard bloodhound.

Jus' a small point - we are not "another Concealed Handgun Forum" :lol:

OCDO is dedicated to normalizing open carry of handguns as we go about our everyday lives.

Yes I am aware of Texas laws regarding OC and of the hard work being done in your great state toward that end.

Wish you the best - enjoy your stay here.

Last edited:

HPmatt

Thank goodness you didn't go crazy and shoot those horses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Young Man

Welcome to OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona bloodhound13!:) Hope you stick around and read up a bit on OC, and I invite you to try it out if you ever make it to AZ.;)

Congrats on meeting one of the officers who has a brain and realized you didn't intentionally fail to conceal.

^^This. The officer understood the INTENT of the law (misguided though it may be) as opposed to the actual letter of the law (let's hope it changes for the better real soon:)).