• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black powder pistols, anyone?

DrakeZ07

I'm too lazy to use a search function, if I even knew where to find it, so if it's already been spoken of here, then let's have another?

Ever since I bought my Traditions 1851/58 Remington Navy Cap 'n ball, I've been absolutely in love with it; Firing, reloading, carrying, obsessing, it's my new favorite EDC, but I'm very curious if other people around the boards have carried a BP sidearm, before, or currently, and what model/cal/brand they carry/carried, and what they feel about OC'ers who prefer BP over modern sidearms. Other than the advantage of quick reloads, and cleaner firing, and precision, why, or why wouldn't, you carry a BP? Has anyone had any problems with carrying a BP sidearm, compared to carrying a modern sidearm, or what-not?

WalkingWolf

I'm too lazy to use a search function, if I even knew where to find it, so if it's already been spoken of here, then let's have another?

Ever since I bought my Traditions 1851/58 Remington Navy Cap 'n ball, I've been absolutely in love with it; Firing, reloading, carrying, obsessing, it's my new favorite EDC, but I'm very curious if other people around the boards have carried a BP sidearm, before, or currently, and what model/cal/brand they carry/carried, and what they feel about OC'ers who prefer BP over modern sidearms. Other than the advantage of quick reloads, and cleaner firing, and precision, why, or why wouldn't, you carry a BP? Has anyone had any problems with carrying a BP sidearm, compared to carrying a modern sidearm, or what-not?

Welcome to the dark side. I have several cap and ball pistols, and yes I do carry them.