Thread: Texas Governor will sign open carry bill

Moderator / Administrator
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Texas Governor will sign open carry bill

. . .

The recently inaugurated governor said he would sign a[n open carry] bill pending in the Texas State Senate. “Let me briefly follow up on a word I mentioned a moment ago — liberty,” Abbott said Tuesday.

State Researcher
    Good news. Good work. Best of luck. And I hope congratulations are soon to be in order.

All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

North Carolina

Hopeful, But?

I would like to see an open carry bill passed, along with campus carry (even though concealed only) in the Great State of Texas very soon. But as a pragmatist, pessimist, and the worry-wart that I am, it is my belief that something will derail this bill with everyone blaming everyone else for the problem. Or, perhaps, something will be added to the bill with wording that can be interpreted many ways. Then, some Judge will temporarily put a stop on its enactment tying it up in the court for years. I am jealous of you guys and gals who are optimistic. You probably think Mayweather v Pacquiao is going to happen on May 2nd.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    OC has been a long time coming to Texas - looks like the best opportunity yet.

I was in Texas several years ago and had to made me feel so dirty. Look forward to the day and can go back and exercise my RKBA as intended.

Thank you to all that have been working so diligently on this over the years.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.