• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas Governor will sign open carry bill

utbagpiper

Banned
Good news. Good work. Best of luck. And I hope congratulations are soon to be in order.

Charles

fjpro2a

Hopeful, But?

I would like to see an open carry bill passed, along with campus carry (even though concealed only) in the Great State of Texas very soon. But as a pragmatist, pessimist, and the worry-wart that I am, it is my belief that something will derail this bill with everyone blaming everyone else for the problem. Or, perhaps, something will be added to the bill with wording that can be interpreted many ways. Then, some Judge will temporarily put a stop on its enactment tying it up in the court for years. I am jealous of you guys and gals who are optimistic. You probably think Mayweather v Pacquiao is going to happen on May 2nd.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OC has been a long time coming to Texas - looks like the best opportunity yet.

I was in Texas several years ago and had to CC......it made me feel so dirty. Look forward to the day and can go back and exercise my RKBA as intended.

Thank you to all that have been working so diligently on this over the years.