Thread: Argued with a libtard on TV

Accomplished Advocate

Argued with a libtard on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTJv276AN_A

Libtard trying to make a point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGbXnDOFxg

Libtard proving she should never have been elected as she has no clue what the constitution even says.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Banned
    Maybe she's a member of Transgenders Demand Action.

Wow, is this nitwit 'Mark Bland' the moderator or does he ever stop flapping his gums long enough to let both sides talk?

In the situation with an apparent 'good guy' shooting six people because of mental illness, people with mental illness can not be legislated away. No "law" will keep them sane.

AND, if four or five of the other counsel members had been carrying a firearm, as is their right, they'd have been able to defend themselves. But they weren't - they were relying on the will of chance, or god's good graces or what have you and had relegated THEIR defense to someone else (a LEO, perhaps).

Thanks for putting that link up and congrats on your patience!

PS what you might have said is "OK you were in the presence of a homicidal mentally ill person and you want more GUN laws?' How does that help keep you alive in any way shape or form?"

There could have been a dozen more gun laws and those people, sitting there unarmed, with no plan for their own safety (like a metal-detector screened entry?) would still have been shot (or killed with a knife or a hammer, or a shovel).

Had they taken care of their own safety, they'd have lived. Laws are irrelevant to the homicidal mentally ill.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 02-22-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    This "moderator" was an idiot. He filibustered each question and then cut off the responses before the speaker had time to complete his answer. At the same time, the pro-open-carry advocate was woefully unprepared with facts and statistics that would have buried the anti-open-carry liberal. He let her get away with utter falsehoods (the old 90% want background checks and 40% of all guns are purchased without those background checks at gun shows). What a waste of 28 minutes.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Holy crap! "Shall not be infringed" is not part of the 2nd Amendment? It's part of the 1st Amendment? How do these idiots even get a camera and a microphone, much less get ELECTED to make laws!?
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Holy crap! "Shall not be infringed" is not part of the 2nd Amendment? It's part of the 1st Amendment? How do these idiots even get a camera and a microphone, much less get ELECTED to make laws!?
    No, "WILL" not be infringed is not part of the 2nd Amendment - she was correct.
    Last edited by BB62; 02-23-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Now THERE's a distinction without a difference!
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

I noticed that too, she and the moderator(cough, cough) played a funny game. Considering he was debating with TWO progressive dysfunctional humans, I think he did very well.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-23-2015 at 11:33 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Based upon the stacked deck......he did well.

This show is more about the moderator and his points than the points at hand.......he sort of reminds me of a toned down Jerry Springer.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    Based upon the stacked deck......he did well...
    Agreed.

...This show is more about the moderator... ...he sort of reminds me of a toned down Jerry Springer.
    A much, much louder version!

There ought to be a LAW!! <rolls eyes>

Agreed.

A much, much louder version!

There ought to be a LAW!! <rolls eyes>
    He did have some volume!
    ~Mark Twain

people of COLOR carrying an open firearm we would NOT have had the same results. This woman is insane! What does the color of your skin matter when openly carrying a firearm!

Accomplished Advocate
    To those who think I performed poorly, thats cool, I can live with it, I indeed stepped up and took a shot and I am not embarrassed or I wouldn't have posted it.

As far as waffling on the shall not be infringed, I can only say I was so baffled I literally didn't know what to say, I was actually embarrassed for her. Another key element folks might not notice right off the bat, there were audience plants, the young kid front and center and two on the back row were hand picked and delivered, not sure about the rest but none were brought by myself.

The original format as described was supposed to be similar to a Lincoln Douglas debate, I was then told it was a discussion, so I was 100% impromptu on it, not making excuses just giving insight.

I hope they invite me back for another, I believe it will improve but even if I don't, beats nothing which is what is happening far too often in the OC world. If someone steps up that does a better job, I have no issue stepping aside and assisting them any way I can.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    To those who think I performed poorly, thats cool, I can live with it, I indeed stepped up and took a shot and I am not embarrassed or I wouldn't have posted it.

As far as waffling on the shall not be infringed, I can only say I was so baffled I literally didn't know what to say, I was actually embarrassed for her. Another key element folks might not notice right off the bat, there were audience plants, the young kid front and center and two on the back row were hand picked and delivered, not sure about the rest but none were brought by myself.

The original format as described was supposed to be similar to a Lincoln Douglas debate, I was then told it was a discussion, so I was 100% impromptu on it, not making excuses just giving insight.

I hope they invite me back for another, I believe it will improve but even if I don't, beats nothing which is what is happening far too often in the OC world. If someone steps up that does a better job, I have no issue stepping aside and assisting them any way I can.
    I think you did pretty well, considering the circumstances. Next time will be better, and so on, and so on.

Is this Bland fella a Youtube-er using STLtv's facilities? he is not listed on STLtv's website. Sounds like a public access station.

Deb Lavender
    House District: 90
    Democrat: Who wudda thunk it
    Jeff City Phone #: 573-751-4069
    Jeff City Rm #: 109-F

As usual a democrat does not advertise that she is a democrat on her webpage. If she is proud of her political leanings why not list democrat on the website?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

LMTD, I think you did great I was also completely baffled by alot of what that woman was saying and to to think she is in the senate repping the people of MO is down right scary. I also have to to say hindsight is always 20/20 as for the back seat driving bashers it is very easy to say you did this or that wrong when seeing someone else on video after the fact with no pressure. I salute you in coversating for the cause carry on sir you are indeed and inspiration. Thanks.
    Last edited by Renegadez; 02-25-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Banned
    How many times did this moderator use the word Brandish?

Then "they're carrying AR15s and 50 cals strapped across their chests"

This guy is a total slimebag.

They will NEVER get it, they REFUSE to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    How many times did this moderator use the word Brandish?

Then "they're carrying AR15s and 50 cals strapped across their chests"

This guy is a total slimebag.

They will NEVER get it, they REFUSE to.
    Brandish has become the popular word for carrying a firearm openly...
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Brandish has become the popular word for carrying a firearm openly...

Yep....one of the antis new catch words.

I'm sure they did a sample group to get their reaction.
    ~Mark Twain

Yep....one of the antis new catch words.

I'm sure they did a sample group to get their reaction.
    They learned it from us, unfortunately.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    LMTD thank you for your activism/participation in this! Thank you for sharing.

Your defense of Individual Rights against the tyranny of "Democracy" was perfect. I would have asked the lady if a town doesn't like to see homosexuals on their streets, can they outlaw them if they have a "majority"?

Thanks again for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    They learned it from us, unfortunately.

Shhhhhh.........no need to reinforce!
    ~Mark Twain

I applaud LMTD for debating in the lion's den as it were.

While I was surprised that he didn't beat them down with "shall not be infringed" in the 2A, I can understand how that happens having been cornered myself in an unfriendly audience debate. In this case LMTD is arguing facts and law and the other side was arguing feelings. It takes no effort to ramble on about how one feels and really, how do you challenge that? You can't say, "Well, you don't really feel that way" or reply with "Your feelings are invalid". You have to counter with something that acknowledges those feelings (no matter how insane or you lose the sympathy of your audience) and then counter with a "but it doesn't matter how you feel because constitution" all while being nice and not looking like a bully beating up on a poor defenseless woman who just wants her community to be safe (so the audience sees it). In other words, she started off with the sympathy vote which had to dismantled politely. Further, LMTD had to do it off the cuff citing facts and quotes from memory with a camera in his face, a host who stated inaccuracies as facts and some audience hostility. Lastly, since she was mostly making emotional arguments disguised as rights (the right to "feel' safe without guns around as it were) there is little to attack her about for mis-citing something, however, LMTD has to make factual arguments without error to give room to be beat down later for a mistake and in that pressure cooker it is easy to start questioning yourself and wondering if you misstated something. We've all had those moments where someone asks what we just said, we response with "I didn't say that" but you really did because your mind was processing something else and it all came out wrong.

Well done, LMTD!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I applaud LMTD for debating in the lion's den as it were.

While I was surprised that he didn't beat them down with "shall not be infringed" in the 2A, I can understand how that happens having been cornered myself in an unfriendly audience debate. In this case LMTD is arguing facts and law and the other side was arguing feelings. It takes no effort to ramble on about how one feels and really, how do you challenge that? You can't say, "Well, you don't really feel that way" or reply with "Your feelings are invalid". You have to counter with something that acknowledges those feelings (no matter how insane or you lose the sympathy of your audience) and then counter with a "but it doesn't matter how you feel because constitution" all while being nice and not looking like a bully beating up on a poor defenseless woman who just wants her community to be safe (so the audience sees it). In other words, she started off with the sympathy vote which had to dismantled politely. Further, LMTD had to do it off the cuff citing facts and quotes from memory with a camera in his face, a host who stated inaccuracies as facts and some audience hostility. Lastly, since she was mostly making emotional arguments disguised as rights (the right to "feel' safe without guns around as it were) there is little to attack her about for mis-citing something, however, LMTD has to make factual arguments without error to give room to be beat down later for a mistake and in that pressure cooker it is easy to start questioning yourself and wondering if you misstated something. We've all had those moments where someone asks what we just said, we response with "I didn't say that" but you really did because your mind was processing something else and it all came out wrong.

Well done, LMTD!
    I second this.
    I hate to say it sir, but you where Baited into the argument battling not one opponent but two, and left scrambling to find answers with little to no time. ultimately, it was an unfair debate.

It is very hard to argue against emotional with logic. I argue this way with my wife a lot, and always find myself saying, "so you feel better" but your not ACTUALLY better, you just allowing the perception to be your shield, whereas a weapon/armor would actually BE a shield." and on and on.

Although our latest argument is over me getting a CBR600 that isn't as easy to argue, cause while I can present valid points, so can she, the unfortunate part is her valid points also have an emotional basis which gives them more meaning in her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post

Although our latest argument is over me getting a CBR600 that isn't as easy to argue, cause while I can present valid points, so can she, the unfortunate part is her valid points also have an emotional basis which gives them more meaning in her mind.
    I work every day to secure my domestic tranquility, not a easy task to be sure. Happy wife, happy life.

We are a benevolent king, and we are not a very observant one to boot (the queen has informed us of this from time to time), we are kind-of lazy to be honest (if our queen is to be believed ). But, we rule with a firm, yet distant hand. We have a few king's rules for our kingdom that, if violated, will elicit the wrath of the king...and pretty much leave the rest of the untold number of rules in our kingdom (some of which we discover we violated after we violate the king's rule) to our lovely queen. Remember, the king is not above the king's law, our queen has informed us of this.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare