• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Argued with a libtard on TV

Maverick9

Wow, is this nitwit 'Mark Bland' the moderator or does he ever stop flapping his gums long enough to let both sides talk?

In the situation with an apparent 'good guy' shooting six people because of mental illness, people with mental illness can not be legislated away. No "law" will keep them sane.

AND, if four or five of the other counsel members had been carrying a firearm, as is their right, they'd have been able to defend themselves. But they weren't - they were relying on the will of chance, or god's good graces or what have you and had relegated THEIR defense to someone else (a LEO, perhaps).

Thanks for putting that link up and congrats on your patience!

PS what you might have said is "OK you were in the presence of a homicidal mentally ill person and you want more GUN laws?' How does that help keep you alive in any way shape or form?"

There could have been a dozen more gun laws and those people, sitting there unarmed, with no plan for their own safety (like a metal-detector screened entry?) would still have been shot (or killed with a knife or a hammer, or a shovel).

Had they taken care of their own safety, they'd have lived. Laws are irrelevant to the homicidal mentally ill.

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
This "moderator" was an idiot. He filibustered each question and then cut off the responses before the speaker had time to complete his answer. At the same time, the pro-open-carry advocate was woefully unprepared with facts and statistics that would have buried the anti-open-carry liberal. He let her get away with utter falsehoods (the old 90% want background checks and 40% of all guns are purchased without those background checks at gun shows). What a waste of 28 minutes.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Holy crap! "Shall not be infringed" is not part of the 2nd Amendment? It's part of the 1st Amendment? How do these idiots even get a camera and a microphone, much less get ELECTED to make laws!?
No, "WILL" not be infringed is not part of the 2nd Amendment - she was correct. ;)

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

No, "WILL" not be infringed is not part of the 2nd Amendment - she was correct. ;)

I noticed that too, she and the moderator(cough, cough) played a funny game. Considering he was debating with TWO progressive dysfunctional humans, I think he did very well.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

Based upon the stacked deck......he did well.

This show is more about the moderator and his points than the points at hand.......he sort of reminds me of a toned down Jerry Springer.

Renegadez

people of COLOR carrying an open firearm we would NOT have had the same results. This woman is insane! What does the color of your skin matter when openly carrying a firearm!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
To those who think I performed poorly, thats cool, I can live with it, I indeed stepped up and took a shot and I am not embarrassed or I wouldn't have posted it.

As far as waffling on the shall not be infringed, I can only say I was so baffled I literally didn't know what to say, I was actually embarrassed for her. Another key element folks might not notice right off the bat, there were audience plants, the young kid front and center and two on the back row were hand picked and delivered, not sure about the rest but none were brought by myself.

The original format as described was supposed to be similar to a Lincoln Douglas debate, I was then told it was a discussion, so I was 100% impromptu on it, not making excuses just giving insight.

I hope they invite me back for another, I believe it will improve but even if I don't, beats nothing which is what is happening far too often in the OC world. If someone steps up that does a better job, I have no issue stepping aside and assisting them any way I can.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
To those who think I performed poorly, thats cool, I can live with it, I indeed stepped up and took a shot and I am not embarrassed or I wouldn't have posted it.

As far as waffling on the shall not be infringed, I can only say I was so baffled I literally didn't know what to say, I was actually embarrassed for her. Another key element folks might not notice right off the bat, there were audience plants, the young kid front and center and two on the back row were hand picked and delivered, not sure about the rest but none were brought by myself.

The original format as described was supposed to be similar to a Lincoln Douglas debate, I was then told it was a discussion, so I was 100% impromptu on it, not making excuses just giving insight.

I hope they invite me back for another, I believe it will improve but even if I don't, beats nothing which is what is happening far too often in the OC world. If someone steps up that does a better job, I have no issue stepping aside and assisting them any way I can.
I think you did pretty well, considering the circumstances. Next time will be better, and so on, and so on.

OC for ME

Is this Bland fella a Youtube-er using STLtv's facilities? he is not listed on STLtv's website. Sounds like a public access station.

Deb Lavender
House District: 90
Democrat: Who wudda thunk it
Jeff City Phone #: 573-751-4069
Jeff City Rm #: 109-F

As usual a democrat does not advertise that she is a democrat on her webpage. If she is proud of her political leanings why not list democrat on the website?

Renegadez

LMTD, I think you did great I was also completely baffled by alot of what that woman was saying and to to think she is in the senate repping the people of MO is down right scary. I also have to to say hindsight is always 20/20 as for the back seat driving bashers it is very easy to say you did this or that wrong when seeing someone else on video after the fact with no pressure. I salute you in coversating for the cause carry on sir you are indeed and inspiration. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
How many times did this moderator use the word Brandish?

Then "they're carrying AR15s and 50 cals strapped across their chests"

This guy is a total slimebag.

They will NEVER get it, they REFUSE to.

WalkingWolf

How many times did this moderator use the word Brandish?

Then "they're carrying AR15s and 50 cals strapped across their chests"

This guy is a total slimebag.

They will NEVER get it, they REFUSE to.

Brandish has become the popular word for carrying a firearm openly...