Thread: Gun Rights Haters: Victims or Aggressors?

Gun Rights Haters: Victims or Aggressors?

Gun Rights Haters: Victims or Aggressors?

Now these perpetual “victims” want to learn about “Powerfully Peaceful Action in the Face of Armed and Aggressive Opposition”. Why do they say they need to do this? Because, according to them, “Almost every group in the gun sense movement has – at some time in the last several years – been confronted by armed and/or aggressive counter demonstrators at one of our public actions.” Though as you can see at the link above no examples of any aggressive behavior towards them are given. Of course, we often counter-demonstrate their events armed but that's not aggression as the zero body count and zero hospitalization rate among attendees show. If being around guns frightens them there is a name for that, hoplophobia. Perhaps a psychiatrist would be more helpful to them than a workshop.

Read the rest at http://theinternationallibertarian.b...ggressors.html

Read http://www.gunlaws.com/Hoplophobia%20Analysis.htm

Gun rights haters are taking up the chant of the need for more mental health services. Sadly, it is difficult for most people with mental health problems to admit they have a problem that they need to seek help for.

The best I've ever been able to do was to get a fence-sitter to do a compare/contrast of that list - they decided that probably gun-toters were not as mentally ill as gun rights haters. It didn't turn them into a supporter but it did stop them from being an anti.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

There are gun owners who vote for critters that would further limit, or outright eliminate our RKBA...are these gun owners RKBA supporters?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

... “Powerfully Peaceful Action in the Face of Armed and Aggressive Opposition”. Why do they say they need to do this? Because, according to them, “Almost every group in the gun sense movement has – at some time in the last several years – been confronted by armed and/or aggressive counter demonstrators at one of our public actions.”...
    If you don't have a real argument, hide it really well.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-23-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip