• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights Haters: Victims or Aggressors?

darrenlobo

Gun Rights Haters: Victims or Aggressors?

Now these perpetual “victims” want to learn about “Powerfully Peaceful Action in the Face of Armed and Aggressive Opposition”. Why do they say they need to do this? Because, according to them, “Almost every group in the gun sense movement has – at some time in the last several years – been confronted by armed and/or aggressive counter demonstrators at one of our public actions.” Though as you can see at the link above no examples of any aggressive behavior towards them are given. Of course, we often counter-demonstrate their events armed but that's not aggression as the zero body count and zero hospitalization rate among attendees show. If being around guns frightens them there is a name for that, hoplophobia. Perhaps a psychiatrist would be more helpful to them than a workshop.

Read the rest at http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/02/gun-rights-haters-victims-or-aggressors.html

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Read http://www.gunlaws.com/Hoplophobia Analysis.htm

Gun rights haters are taking up the chant of the need for more mental health services. Sadly, it is difficult for most people with mental health problems to admit they have a problem that they need to seek help for.

The best I've ever been able to do was to get a fence-sitter to do a compare/contrast of that list - they decided that probably gun-toters were not as mentally ill as gun rights haters. It didn't turn them into a supporter but it did stop them from being an anti.

stay safe.

OC for ME

There are gun owners who vote for critters that would further limit, or outright eliminate our RKBA...are these gun owners RKBA supporters?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... “Powerfully Peaceful Action in the Face of Armed and Aggressive Opposition”. Why do they say they need to do this? Because, according to them, “Almost every group in the gun sense movement has – at some time in the last several years – been confronted by armed and/or aggressive counter demonstrators at one of our public actions.”...

If you don't have a real argument, hide it really well.

Last edited: