• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Houston, YOU have a problem!

stealthyeliminator

Folks, we've been doing long gun open carry demonstrations for years now (I can actually says years ever since we hit the two year mark, hehe.)

Just months after the egregious false arrest and attempted destruction of evidence incident, and after promises that the issue would be handled properly, we have another show of great legal ignorance and disrespect for the rights of citizens by Houston PD.

-- Officer detains individual without RAS
-- Officer exists vehicle with rifle at low ready, keeps rifle at low ready and takes confrontational and aggressive stance
-- Officer claims to be part of or in support of the "3 percent," but doesn't understand or respect constitutional rights
-- Refers to assertion of rights as "constitutional ********"
-- Refers to Houston streets as "my streets"
-- Officer interferes with lawful recording by moving camera and pointing it away from unlawful confrontation by police
-- Officer repeatedly makes false statements about the law, being either ignorant or untruthful, neither of which are acceptable
-- Officer lies to DA's office about first encounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-MyFH6EfAc

If anyone wants to take the time to count the number of questions that went unanswered... I'd love to know what the total count was.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
Just saw this one myself.

Unreal!

This was about the best I have seen someone react or lack of reacting to being violated by an absolute STATIST.

This cops appeals of being pro-2nd and a "III" percenter are equivilant to a RAPIST telling his victim that he's volunteers at the womens shelter.

stealthyeliminator

This was about the best I have seen someone react or lack of reacting to being violated by an absolute STATIST.

Agreed, he handled it pretty well.

Apparently the department had training after the last incident, just a couple of months ago or so, where the police actually made an unlawful arrest (then released him on scene) and tried to delete video footage. See how much good that did?

Another day, another IA investigation that will not provide justice for the victim. But that's being pessimistic, let's see where it goes. http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/02/26/officer-confronts-open-carry-demonstrator/24040017/

Last edited:

FTG-05

Folks, we've been doing long gun open carry demonstrations for years now (I can actually says years ever since we hit the two year mark, hehe.)

Just months after the egregious false arrest and attempted destruction of evidence incident, and after promises that the issue would be handled properly, we have another show of great legal ignorance and disrespect for the rights of citizens by Houston PD.

-- Officer detains individual without RAS
-- Officer exists vehicle with rifle at low ready, keeps rifle at low ready and takes confrontational and aggressive stance
-- Officer claims to be part of or in support of the "3 percent," but doesn't understand or respect constitutional rights
-- Refers to assertion of rights as "constitutional ********"
-- Refers to Houston streets as "my streets"
-- Officer interferes with lawful recording by moving camera and pointing it away from unlawful confrontation by police
-- Officer repeatedly makes false statements about the law, being either ignorant or untruthful, neither of which are acceptable
-- Officer lies to DA's office about first encounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-MyFH6EfAc

If anyone wants to take the time to count the number of questions that went unanswered... I'd love to know what the total count was.

All your comments are invalid:

- OCT members are morons; they are doing far more damage to gun rights than they are helping.
- The OCer is nothing more than an attention *****.
- An OCer open carrying a rifle is only attempting to cause problems and is asking to get into trouble and/or asking for a confrontation with an LEO. This confrontation is strictly the OCers fault!
- I can't remember: is this Snowboots or Fatty?
- Just because you can doesn't mean you should - even if it is legal.
- I support OCing but not OCT because they... uh.... OC. But I support OC!

These are all the things I've learned about this incident from the OC Fudds over on Arfcom. Did I miss anythi... oh wait, almost forgot:

- The OCers is gonna get shot first. OK, now it's complete.

:banghead:

Last edited:

kinggabby

- OCT members are morons; they are doing far more damage to gun rights than they are helping.
- An OCer open carrying a rifle is only attempting to cause problems and is asking to get into trouble and/or asking for a confrontation with an LEO. This confrontation is strictly the OCers fault!

These are all the things I've learned about this incident from the OC Fudds over on Arfcom. Did I miss anythi... oh wait, almost forgot:

Sounds like what the conceal only crowd says about us.

stealthyeliminator

I just got through reading self-proclaimed open carry advocates make some of these exact same arguments.

Sometimes so-called gun rights supporters really disappoint, ya know?

SteveInCO

Sorry about that. My sarcasm switch ( did not read it all ) got turned off. Please forgive me.

Absolutely nothing to forgive, now that you see it.

Every once in a while someone's switch needs a good hard percussive smack to get back into operation, so I supply it. If it was overkill, my apologies.

JoeSparky

Centurion
UNLESS the law works differently in Texas, I am under NO OBLIGATION to prove I am lawful or even legal. It is the State per the judical branch via law enforcement officers and prosecution to PROVE that I am unlawful. At the scene to detain they must have a Reasonable Articulable Suspicion of my either having, presently, or about to be violating the law. And for those who have diffuculty with this concept--- IF HE DON'T KNOW ME FROM ADAM (or any other historical/ancient person HE CAN'T HAVE A REASONABLY ARTICULABLE SUSPICION that I or anyone else is, has, or is about to commit a crime simply by walking down the street with a lawfully possessed and carrying LEGAL TOOL for self defense.

I only got through the first 2 1/2 mins of the video---- The OFFICER ain't a LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER but rather something very much despised with good reason, an OPINION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER!

Mo

Banned
I admire the way he kept his silence.

I'm wonder if the whole "I support open carry" and "I'm one of the 3%" talk was a trick attempt to get him to surrender his rights.