• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about under 21 open carry.

American Patriot

again, as mentioned by forum protocols...do you have a cite for your hyperbole?

ipse

(hint: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922
(b) It shall be unlawful for any licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell or deliver—
(1) any firearm or ammunition to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than eighteen years of age, and, if the firearm, or ammunition is other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe is less than twenty-one years of age;
notice there is no mention of juvenile...)
(hint: <21 must still have PPP issued by sheriff!!)

NOTE: "is less than eighteen years of age" EQUALS A JUVENILE
e509987.gif

solus

NOTE: "is less than eighteen years of age" EQUALS A JUVENILE
e509987.gif

AP nice of you to pick those passages that suit your personal agenda or pick passages to push your agenda. But like a good forum member, I post the whole cite not those that suit any personal bias. as such, if you notice, the underlined portion was the salient point being made to BC.

ipse

Last edited:

bc.cruiser

AP nice of you to pick those passages that suit your personal agenda or pick passages to push your agenda. But like a good forum member, I post the whole cite not those that suit any personal bias. as such, if you notice, the underlined portion was the salient point being made to BC.

ipse

Thank you for your concern about whether or not I understand. You do confuse me with your post since you did not reference anything I wrote when you made your point. I know an FFL cannot sell ammunition to someone who is under the age of 21. I also understand how straw purchases work. But, if I have ammo, and decide to make it available to someone who cannot buy from a dealer, the law does not address the transaction. After all, I did not make the original purchase on behalf of someone who cannot do it themself. Whether or not I would actually do this is not a facet of discussion.

I hope in all this mess that the OP, rick12pats, got an answer to his question of where and when his 19 year old step-son can carry a handgun. Everything else, while educational, was extraneous.

solus

Thank you for your concern about whether or not I understand. You do confuse me with your post since you did not reference anything I wrote when you made your point. I know an FFL cannot sell ammunition to someone who is under the age of 21. I also understand how straw purchases work. But, if I have ammo, and decide to make it available to someone who cannot buy from a dealer, the law does not address the transaction. After all, I did not make the original purchase on behalf of someone who cannot do it themself. Whether or not I would actually do this is not a facet of discussion.

I hope in all this mess that the OP, rick12pats, got an answer to his question of where and when his 19 year old step-son can carry a handgun. Everything else, while educational, was extraneous.

BC, as I have stated previously to AP... you, of course, may SELL ammo to whomever you wish to, and yes I know:
1. your post above didn't state you were selling ammo but making it available to someone who cannot buy from a dealer
2. the law doesn't address this facet of firearms for individuals between 18-21.
3. yes it was a facet of discussion!

finally, from reading rick12pats postings it appears they got their question(s) answered.

ipse

bc.cruiser

It's just as well you did not try to clarify your post [the underlined portion was the salient point being made to BC.] because that would probably have just puzzled me more. I guess you were saying that American Patriot was making the point. Okay. Done.:cool:

Last edited: