Thread: Open carry.org is wrong on current Kansas law

Open carry.org is wrong on current Kansas law

While Kansas is an open carry state, they have incomplete preemption on open carry. This means that there are some local ordinances that could constitute a nightmare for the law abiding citizen, except for concealed handgun permit holders when inside vehicles.

Since July 01 2014 a law passed that said any municipalities cannot enforce or make laws stricter than that of the state. Also you can carry a loaded weapon anywhere in your vehicle except your person without a CCH.

http://ksag.washburnlaw.edu/opinions/2014/2014-014.pdf

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome aboard OCDO Kansas-kid.

Moved this to the Kansas sub-forum as this is a state specific issue, not a general or national one.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'm sure that other locals will be along shortly to continue this conversation/thread.

The Administration of OCDO has a heavy load and other demands on their time, so sometimes updating can lag a great deal.

I will pass this on for confirmation and modification as warranted.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Grapeshot, it seems this is coming up more and more often. We had a whole thread last year about the SERIOUS errors on the Nevada page, and nothing was ever done that I know of. I might suggest removing such pages until those responsible have the time to properly update them.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Grapeshot, it seems this is coming up more and more often. We had a whole thread last year about the SERIOUS errors on the Nevada page, and nothing was ever done that I know of. I might suggest removing such pages until those responsible have the time to properly update them.
    Not dumping on anyone nor intending to pass the buck, but I do not have the authority to change those pages. Have passed the information and a link to this thread up the ladder.