Thread: ccw wait time

ccw wait time

I was wondering how long it takes to get your ccw after the application is submitted. From what I have read is that you may apply in your county or counties that adjacent to yours. I live in richland county which I've been told takes 40 - 45 days. Does anyone know about Ashland,Huron,Knox,Crawford or Morrow. I'm just wondering if it would be better to get it in another county. I atill plan on open carrying put am a little tired of the unloading and storing in a motor vehicle dance.
    "A free people ought to be armed."
    - George Washington
    "A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
    - Richard Henry Lee

The only one I could find anything for was Knox county, and they were taking about 3 weeks. You might ask over on the Ohioans for Concealed Carry forums at http://ohioccwforums.org/index.php
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Franklin county took less than 24 hours when I got mine a few months ago

Exactly one week in Montgomery County.

One week from Portage County

But he's limited to his county or an adjacent county.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Been over 3 weeks from madison county. Nothing has changed. It was a renewal. Anyone know why this is taking so long?

Quote Originally Posted by zthompson77 View Post
    Been over 3 weeks from madison county. Nothing has changed. It was a renewal. Anyone know why this is taking so long?
    Those of us who have been in OFCC a long time have seen this occur with troubling frequency especially in the rural counties. Believe it or not there may be only ONE sheriff's office employee tasked with CHL processing duties. If that person is sick, dead, on vacation, whatever there is supposedly no one else capable of filling in.

Always made me wonder if they had similar personnel shortages related to processing guests into/ out of their county detention facility as well. "Oh, sorry, Deppity Fred is visiting kin down in Georgia and he musta took the dang jail keys with him."

My advice is to give them the full 45 calendar days before going up the chain of command with your questions and or complaints.

Wait time

Well your problem lies in the fact that Ohio does not have a system in place to issue "CCW's".

Ccw wait time

Quote Originally Posted by rast1971 View Post
    I was wondering how long it takes to get your ccw after the application is submitted. From what I have read is that you may apply in your county or counties that adjacent to yours. I live in richland county which I've been told takes 40 - 45 days. Does anyone know about Ashland,Huron,Knox,Crawford or Morrow. I'm just wondering if it would be better to get it in another county. I atill plan on open carrying put am a little tired of the unloading and storing in a motor vehicle dance.
    I applied on the 26th of June and it was ready on the 27th of June, but they didn't notify me at all. Just pick up today after calling to check on it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    I applied on the 26th of June and it was ready on the 27th of June, but they didn't notify me at all. Just pick up today after calling to check on it.
    Welcome!