Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Just an observation

  1. #1
    Regular Member Custodian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Capital City of Oaks - Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    293

    Just an observation

    I've heard, without cited sources, that often when a state becomes hostile for a number of reasons: taxes, immigration, job-loss/career loss, etc. that people will leave en masse, to head to another state hoping to find opportunity.

    I've heard a bunch of Commiefornians left for Oregon, Washington, Texas, and other places, near and far.

    Over the past few months, I've seen that here in the capital area of North Carolina. People from New Jersey are flocking here in droves. Well over a 1/4th in a day of the license plates I see are from NJ. I wonder if they, those coming from NJ, will try to change NC's political landscape to reflect a Garden State of mind (tyranny, oppression, control) than a Tarheel state of mind.
    Subsisto tutus. Subsisto secundus emendatio.

    Tyrants come in all shapes and sizes, as do those who do their bidding. Anyone who tells you that the threat of tyranny is long over, is either a fool, an enemy, or BOTH.

  2. #2
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    You wonder correctly. The powerhouse behind Wyoming passing Constitutional carry was from Kalifornia. He will tell you that the Kalifornians leaving their state because of the oppressive nature demand the same oppression in Wyoming. They (Kalifornians) hated guns in Kalifornia and they demand that Wyoming have the same hate.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
    I've heard, without cited sources, that often when a state becomes hostile for a number of reasons: taxes, immigration, job-loss/career loss, etc. that people will leave en masse, to head to another state hoping to find opportunity.

    I've heard a bunch of Commiefornians left for Oregon, Washington, Texas, and other places, near and far.

    Over the past few months, I've seen that here in the capital area of North Carolina. People from New Jersey are flocking here in droves. Well over a 1/4th in a day of the license plates I see are from NJ. I wonder if they, those coming from NJ, will try to change NC's political landscape to reflect a Garden State of mind (tyranny, oppression, control) than a Tarheel state of mind.
    Many of the folks leaving the Garden State are actually feed up with the Government in the state.
    Many are younger folks who have lost their casino jobs and are looking for work and many are seniors looking to escape the high real estate taxes and insurance cost in this anti 2A state..

    So I would say that half the folks are looking for better employment opportunities and half are looking to cut their tax burden.

    My .02
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,197
    The best way to ruin your vacation spot is to move there.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    The best way to ruin your vacation spot is to move there.
    I trust your " there" means New Jersey...
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Many of the folks leaving the Garden State are actually feed up with the Government in the state.
    Many are younger folks who have lost their casino jobs and are looking for work and many are seniors looking to escape the high real estate taxes and insurance cost in this anti 2A state..

    So I would say that half the folks are looking for better employment opportunities and half are looking to cut their tax burden.

    My .02
    They may be fed up with the government in NJ, but a lot of the folks from there that I talk with limit that to their not being able to get the same sweetheart treatment as those who make large enough political contributions. They continue to have the same ideas about what is good and what is bad, and especially what is "crazy".

    The tourists want pictures of us OCing so they can show the folks back home the "cowboys" they ran into. The ones that move here did not come for the freedom but for the lower cost of having the state take care of them. They are difficult to make friends with, but often just exposing them to the fun and freedom available (not limited to firearms) can start moving their point of view. A lot of frustration comes from that being a one-by-one proposition. It's difficult to pick out and have a conversation with one person when they are part of the horde of barbarians sweeping towards your village.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    You wonder correctly. The powerhouse behind Wyoming passing Constitutional carry was from Kalifornia. He will tell you that the Kalifornians leaving their state because of the oppressive nature demand the same oppression in Wyoming. They (Kalifornians) hated guns in Kalifornia and they demand that Wyoming have the same hate.
    The blithering idiots don't realize their flawed ideologies are what ruined California in the first place. They're trying to run from themselves, but bringing their misery with them everywhere they go.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •