Thread: Enterprise Rent - A - Car

Enterprise Rent - A - Car

Hi OCF Members,

I am about to drop off my rental car tonight at my local Enterprise Rent a Car Office, and need to carry because of having cash in large sums on me (I am picking up my truck and paying for the deductible at the body shop). I searched Google and found an article of someone OCing in California, in Enterprise (and their shuttle) from back in Feb of 2009. However, I was not able to find anything about their corporate policy in regards to this matter, or any other information. Add to that, this article is quite old. Has anyone OCed at Enterprise or while being dropped off in their shuttle recently?

I don't want to cause a scene and freak people out, but in the same light, I really would like to be armed because of the cash and picking up my truck.

Any input? Thanks.

Best Regards,
    bwarren917

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Several of us have OC'd at several Enterprise locations in Virginia w/o incident.

Did not find any documentation regarding restrictions on customers carrying.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks for that. I've looked everywhere, as well, and found nothing. I assumed it was safe to do, but had a friend with me who was nice enough to drive me to the shop and he freaked out a bit last time he saw me OC. I just left the gun at home and never had an issue.

I'll remember this for next time, though. I thought it would be okay - but I just wanted to be sure!

Thanks.
    Thanks.

Best Regards,
    bwarren917

----

Airplanes are cool. Guns are cool. Ford is coolest.

"Is there some part of 'SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED' that is unclear?"
    ~ Many people

Sig Sauer P6
    Sig Sauer P225
    Sig Sauer P226 MK25
    Sig Sauer P227
    Sig Sauer P227 Equinox (COMING SOON)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bwarren917 View Post
    Thanks for that. I've looked everywhere, as well, and found nothing. I assumed it was safe to do, but had a friend with me who was nice enough to drive me to the shop and he freaked out a bit last time he saw me OC. I just left the gun at home and never had an issue.

I'll remember this for next time, though. I thought it would be okay - but I just wanted to be sure!

Thanks.
    Absenting any specific laws banning carry, a place of business typically must notify you in some manner that you cannot carry there. Until that happens you by default may carry in such an establishment.

If we decide not to carry at all, because someone has "freaked", then we surrender our ability to provide for our own defense.....much less maybe for the defense of our friends. IMHO it would be better to educate and acclimate this friend of who and what you are and why you chose to OC.

Thankfully you did not have an "issue" - that being needing your gun and not having it. While the percentage risk was low, you were gambling with your safety.

When I first met my significant other 25+ years ago, she semi-freaked, "Why do you need THAT?" She was a fence sitter, nearly an anti in her thinking. Time, information, and first hand observation contributed to her conversion - for some majority of our time together, she now has carried 24/7 - bright lady. She occasionally posts here on OCDO too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Several of us have OC'd at several Enterprise locations in Virginia w/o incident.

Did not find any documentation regarding restrictions on customers carrying.

You can add in Missouri and Colorado. In Colorado the wife was turning in a car and the rep came out before we had all her things out. I opened the center console and took out her S&W 642, the rep just chuckled and said "Yea, I never travel unarmed either" and we talked guns for a couple minutes while he checked the car in, I was OCing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Absenting any specific laws banning carry, a place of business typically must notify you in some manner that you cannot carry there. Until that happens you by default may carry in such an establishment.

If we decide not to carry at all, because someone has "freaked", then we surrender our ability to provide for our own defense.....much less maybe for the defense of our friends. IMHO it would be better to educate and acclimate this friend of who and what you are and why you chose to OC.

Thankfully you did not have an "issue" - that being needing your gun and not having it. While the percentage risk was low, you were gambling with your safety.

When I first met my significant other 25+ years ago, she semi-freaked, "Why do you need THAT?" She was a fence sitter, nearly an anti in her thinking. Time, information, and first hand observation contributed to her conversion - for some majority of our time together, she now has carried 24/7 - bright lady. She occasionally posts here on OCDO too.
    Thanks for the input, and yes, I have scolded myself several times since the event for removing my gun due to my friends fear. Yes, I really lucked out that I had no issues, but that's no excuse to risk it. Lesson learned!
    Thanks.

Best Regards,
    bwarren917

----

~ Many people

Sig Sauer P6
    Sig Sauer P225
    Sig Sauer P226 MK25
    Sig Sauer P227

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    You can add in Missouri and Colorado. In Colorado the wife was turning in a car and the rep came out before we had all her things out. I opened the center console and took out her S&W 642, the rep just chuckled and said "Yea, I never travel unarmed either" and we talked guns for a couple minutes while he checked the car in, I was OCing.
    Good to know! Seemingly typical MT and WY reaction.
    Thanks.

Best Regards,
    bwarren917

----

~ Many people

Sig Sauer P6
    Sig Sauer P225
    Sig Sauer P226 MK25
    Sig Sauer P227