• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Colt 1911A1 for under a hundred bucks

WalkingWolf

Well not really, I bought the wife a Colt branded KWA 1911A1 airsoft for ninety bucks. We already had a Crosman C11 for over 10 years, which was a blast to shoot. Double action only like many of the tupperware guns. Airsoft is just downright fun, even for us old folks, and great for practicing point/instinctive shooting(no sights). The C11 was fine except for no thumb safety, my wife sometimes carries my Star Super A and it has a thumb safety just like a 1911. Considering Stars are no longer made and parts hard to get I have been limiting how much we shoot it.

This gun is great, not as fast or accurate as the C11, but it is a blowback and is more realistic. She has not shot it yet, but I can easily hit a 5 gallon bucket at 10 yards point shooting. If it holds up as well as the C11 it is going to be a great trainer.

I was wanting to get a Glock airsoft also, but Glock is being a word associated with a male reproductive organ. They are suing any company that makes anything that bears a slight resemblance to a Glock. I can see why Glock is doing this. They sell Glock training pistols that cost more than the cost of their firearms, a inexpensive airsoft training pistol hurts their feelings. But in the long run I believe it will backfire, teens are heavy into airsoft play. They can buy branded, and realistic replicas of almost every brand firearm on the market, except Glock. When they turn 21 and they decide to buy their first pistol their loyalty to S&W M&P, or other brands has already been established. Personally if I had it to do all over again I would have bought us M&P's over Glocks just on this one point.

Back to the Colt, I am loving this gun, I may have to buy another one so we can both shoot at the same time. Just got it yesterday and already have gone through 2 co2 cartridges. Airsoft is a blast, shame we have no airsoft competition shooting close to us. At the cost of shooting, and how inexpensive airsoft is I might get back into shooting competition. I was reading that now the Army is using airsoft to train their soldiers before deployment, and some LEA have picked up on it.

41PQG58ww8L.jpg

Last edited:

b0neZ

My son and I were active in Airsoft battles every weekend back in 2007-2008. It was a really good time: outdoor activities, reinforced how to work within a team/structured environment, and it was great Father and Son bonding.

We didn't have blowbacks, though. He had a couple of springers, and I still have the AK74U electric that I used then.

Gonna have to look into that 1911 like you have. It's an excellent idea for training, like you said.