Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: potential problem with OC

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255

    potential problem with OC


  2. #2
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    FUQ

    *Disclamer1* – This is being filed in the “Guns” and the “Police” categories. I am not a police officer, in fact my experience in LE is limited to watching “Cops” reruns, the movie “Super Troopers” and a ride along I did with my buddy where I was instructed to “Stay in the car, unless I start getting my ass beat, then I need you to give me a hand.” I am a career firefighter, 13 years of service and other than a gun lover, that’s all I clam to be. I am writing this as it is an issue that I see LE face and it is being caused by a group of gun owners, however it effects us all, so here we are.

    Mehhhhh! Another cop wannabe that is annoyed by the people carrying. Nothing to see here, move along...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Since he said it, it must be true. Know what they say about opinions?

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Since he said it, it must be true. Know what they say about opinions?
    It is not opinion that the OP can draw faster from concealment than open carrying. It has to be so, he said it on the internet.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Dirty South
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    FUQ



    Mehhhhh! Another cop wannabe that is annoyed by the people carrying. Nothing to see here, move along...

    Cop wannabe? No sir, I made too good of grades to be a cop. I'm extremely happy as a firefighter. I'm going to venture to say the quoted bit is about as far into the article as you made it?

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Cop wannabe? No sir, I made too good of grades to be a cop. I'm extremely happy as a firefighter. I'm going to venture to say the quoted bit is about as far into the article as you made it?
    I stayed at the Holiday Inn...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Cop wannabe? No sir, I made too good of grades to be a cop. I'm extremely happy as a firefighter. I'm going to venture to say the quoted bit is about as far into the article as you made it?
    Are you in fact claiming to be the author of that article?

    Many of us have read the full article and others about the incident back when it happened - it is yesterday's news. I won't take the time or space to reopen the debate/argument, but will ask anyone that has a link to the original thread to post it here or by PM to me and I will merge the two.

    The two men in the photo were there with the permission of the business and where posing for the photographer - they were not walking around trying to intimidate anyone.

    By suggesting that your grades were too good to be a LEO, you offer insult to others - that is a direct violation of the Forum Rules which every new registrant should take the time to read and understand.

    Meanwhile gentlemen, lets not add much weight to this thread or give too much credit to those who would seem to wish only to provoke. I will handle that.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Dirty South
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Are you in fact claiming to be the author of that article?

    Many of us have read the full article and others about the incident back when it happened - it is yesterday's news. I won't take the time or space to reopen the debate/argument, but will ask anyone that has a link to the original thread to post it here or by PM to me and I will merge the two.

    The two men in the photo were there with the permission of the business and where posing for the photographer - they were not walking around trying to intimidate anyone.

    By suggesting that your grades were too good to be a LEO, you offer insult to others - that is a direct violation of the Forum Rules which every new registrant should take the time to read and understand.

    Meanwhile gentlemen, lets not add much weight to this thread or give too much credit to those who would seem to wish only to provoke. I will handle that.

    I am the author of the article, if you would like proof I can PM you with a screenshot that will show just that. The article actually has nothing to do with the two gentlemen I used for the "featured image" I just grabbed something off Google. And chances are if you ask any LEO they wouldn't be insulted by my comment, instead they would more than likely imply that you have to score higher to be a LEO. I am here because one reader posted this threads link on our Facebook page where I figured if I was going to be called a "Another cop wannabe that is annoyed by the people carrying" I should at least be present to defend myself. If WalkingWolf would have read the article he would have found that I am actually all for open carry. I am not here to provoke, actually just the opposite. But thanks for the warm welcome none the less...

  9. #9
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    I am the author of the article, if you would like proof I can PM you with a screenshot that will show just that. The article actually has nothing to do with the two gentlemen I used for the "featured image" I just grabbed something off Google. And chances are if you ask any LEO they wouldn't be insulted by my comment, instead they would more than likely imply that you have to score higher to be a LEO. I am here because one reader posted this threads link on our Facebook page where I figured if I was going to be called a "Another cop wannabe that is annoyed by the people carrying" I should at least be present to defend myself. If WalkingWolf would have read the article he would have found that I am actually all for open carry. I am not here to provoke, actually just the opposite. But thanks for the warm welcome none the less...
    When one comes in w/o introducing themself, it is not unusual to ask for clarification on who and what they are.

    The "featured image" perhaps should have been researched as to what you had "just grabbed" as it is a poor example for your contentions. Using a picture in that fashion incorporates it into the article.

    You must have been called a "wannabe" before to have anticipated such.

    I am not concerned with whether LEOs or firemen think they have higher scores - I do have an interest in how either is presented.

    I have read the entire article - several times. IMO there are numerous fallacies there, but I will let others address them for now.


    BTW - new users will have their posts reviewed by a moderator before they become publicly available - double posting does nothing beneficial.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-28-2015 at 11:09 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  10. #10
    Regular Member OC Freedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    ADA County, ID
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I stayed at the Holiday Inn...

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    First, welcome to OCDO.

    Let's start with the reason behind why those folks were carrying long guns. Then we'll move to your
    Now lets talk about a second type of open carrier. This type is a different breed with different motives. They are attention ******
    As I said, let's look at the reason they were carrying those long guns. I guess their purpose was to be an "attention *****" although I might have phrased it differently. Keep this in mind as I go along.

    [quote] who publicly give most all of us responsible gun owners a bad name, let me explain. This second type is out for one thing and one thing only and that is conflict. Their guise is that they are doing it in the name of education, or to rub their rights in the faces of the general public.[/uote]

    I guess that was the motivation of all those civil rights advocates of the 50s and 60s who were not happy with the way things were and wanted to point out just how wrong those ways might have been. But perhaps you equate the word "conflict" only with violence?

    You see, these guys walk around in public not with a handgun on their side (which in most places can be carried in the ready to fire condition inside of a holster) but instead with a rifle over their shoulder which is usually, in accordance with law, unchambered. Their primary choices are AR-15 rifles and AK variants as those are publicly recognizable
    How have you missed the point that the open carry of holstered handguns continues to be illegal in Texas and those folks were a) upset with that and b) wanted to bring to the attention of the public that the open presence of a firearm did not automatically result in the open carrier "going off" on some sort of killing spree?

    and they know that the typical brainwashed non pro-gun bystander will assume it is of course fully automatic and dial 911 in a full panic. They don’t choose to do this with a shotgun or bolt action rifle, because that won’t get the reaction they are looking for,
    One of the purposes of open carry is to educate the public to the fact that the open carry of firearms does not automatically result in the open carrier "going off" on some sort of killing spree. Much like the civil rights protesters of the 50s and 60s were trying to educate the public that a African American sitting next to a white did not automatically result in the contracting of cooties and degeneration into wild sexual abandon or any of the other stereotypes of those days. And certainly not the loss of virtue and honor of their daughters if they came within X distance of a African American male as a social equal - while amazingly so long as those African American males were acting in a subservient role the dangers were considered so much less.

    which leads me into the second thing these guys are armed with. Somewhere on their person in the ready to go position is a video camera, ready to record conflicts with LE. These guys brush up on the ins and outs of the law, things like when they have to produce identification or answer questions. No matter how friendly or polite the cop they encounter is being with these guys, they always reply in very frustrating way reciting lines over and over vs engaging in actual conversation.
    Are you suggesting that those folks walked up to the cop and openly dared him to "do something"? Your own words say that they responded to the cops as opposed to overtly provoking the encounter. By this I mean they went about their way and waited for the cop to initiate the exchange. And IMHO if a cop thinks you are doing something illegal they have a duty to arrest you then and there as opposed to trying to engage in a debate over the rightness/wrongness of the behavior or how some folks might/have responded with (unwarranted) fear and trepedation. To illustrate - I'm a crippled Phat Oulde Pharte who folks say looks like Santa Claus. If I go, openly carrying, to some place I have every legal right to go, and do not commit any overt act or make an overt threat towards any individual, the issue of "provocation" and "inducing fear" comes from those around me who do not know/choose to accept that open carry is legal and offers no greater threat (actually far less) than driving about in a shopping mall parking lot. But I don't recall anybody getting their knickers twisted over folks driving through those parking lots.

    Now you might be one of the aforementioned second types, if you find yourself getting frustrated as you read this, you are probably who I am talking to. I’ll answer your question that I already know you are asking, “If I’m not breaking the law, then what is the issue?” Well, for starters you are setting out with a loaded gun in search of conflict.
    Didn't you just say they were "with a rifle over their shoulder which is usually, in accordance with law, unchambered"? So when did that situation morph into a loaded gun?

    And again, how are you defininng "in search of conflict"? Would you not agree that my response to your post is in fact a conflict - of ideas?

    Now you aren’t planning on using that gun in said conflict, instead your weapon of choice is a video camera and YouTube. The gun in your case is simply being used as bait. And that ladies and gentlemen is the problem, you are knowingly using a gun to look for trouble.
    Please provide some proof of this assertion. While there is a body of history of cops and other LACs escalating the situation into something beyond "Hi. How are you. Lovely weather we are having today, isn't it" there is also a documented history of cops and other LACs doing exactly that. And like the civil rights activists of the 50s and 60s it bolsters their position to have a more or less irrefutable record of any interaction, especially one in which they are received with negativity and fear and possibly with violations of their civil rights.

    This goes against everything I as a member of the responsible gun owner crowd stand for. I carry a gun every day of my life outside of work, and do absolutely everything in my power to avoid conflict. Being armed should NEVER be a basis for seeking conflict, this is in every way stupid and could end up getting someone killed.
    And yet you accuse those folks of intentionally seeking to create a negative and dangerous conflict when they do the very same thing you say you do.

    I look forward to your responses.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Dirty South
    Posts
    5
    Skidmark, thanks for the welcome.

    I spent about an hour trying to type a response to each of your points but to be quite honest it became very redundant because unfortunately I believe what I was trying to convey with my article escaped you. I will try to clarify it for you so hopefully you will understand what I am trying to say.

    First off, this article was not directed at every person who open carries. Well technically it was, but the majority of you fall under the first type of open carrier which leaves most if not all of the second type (the part you found offensive) not applying directly to you. By your own words while countering my article, I gather that you are not out looking for conflict, and if it finds you, you seem to be the kind of guy who is willing to educate those who are not so informed, instead of acting like a jerk. In my article I said that a majority of people can be drowned out by a small but vocal minority. Here is why the article is beneficial for everyone to read, the ripples from that small but vocal minority effects us all. You mention Texas specifically, here is a great example of what I am talking about. What happened to the Constitutional Carry Bill? What small group made donkeys out of themselves and got that squashed for everyone in the state?

    To help answer some of your other questions, click on the post that is embedded in the article. You will find the video that caused the debate that in turn caused me to write the article. In short, if the guy recording the video was interested in "educating the public" and putting open carriers in a more positive light, it would have been helpful to perhaps start by being nice.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Dirty South
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    When one comes in w/o introducing themself, it is not unusual to ask for clarification on who and what they are.

    The "featured image" perhaps should have been researched as to what you had "just grabbed" as it is a poor example for your contentions. Using a picture in that fashion incorporates it into the article.

    You must have been called a "wannabe" before to have anticipated such.

    I am not concerned with whether LEOs or firemen think they have higher scores - I do have an interest in how either is presented.

    I have read the entire article - several times. IMO there are numerous fallacies there, but I will let others address them for now.


    BTW - new users will have their posts reviewed by a moderator before they become publicly available - double posting does nothing beneficial.
    Sir, I stand by my choice for a featured image as I didn't have to do my research, I knew exactly what it was when I saw it. Having permission to have firearms in the building is truly irrelevant. I don't take my CCW out and hold it and pose for pictures just because I have permission to take it into a store. While their intent might not have been to scare people, there is a difference between a "holstered" gun and one that you are holding, in the middle of a restaurant. And no matter what their goal was, fact of the matter is that you can not take your guns back into that restaurant. That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that restaurant chain was forced to make a decision that they otherwise would not have had to make. It doesn't matter if you get hit with enemy fire or collateral damage, when the damage is done, it is done.

    No, I didn't anticipate being called a "wannabe." Actually it is a first. But it is painfully obvious your have no interest for how that is "presented." But hey, no harm no foul.

  14. #14
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Sir, I stand by my choice for a featured image as I didn't have to do my research, I knew exactly what it was when I saw it. Having permission to have firearms in the building is truly irrelevant. I don't take my CCW out and hold it and pose for pictures just because I have permission to take it into a store. While their intent might not have been to scare people, there is a difference between a "holstered" gun and one that you are holding, in the middle of a restaurant. And no matter what their goal was, fact of the matter is that you can not take your guns back into that restaurant. That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Right, wrong, or indifferent, that restaurant chain was forced to make a decision that they otherwise would not have had to make. It doesn't matter if you get hit with enemy fire or collateral damage, when the damage is done, it is done.

    No, I didn't anticipate being called a "wannabe." Actually it is a first. But it is painfully obvious your have no interest for how that is "presented." But hey, no harm no foul.
    Actually WE CAN, they did not ban firearms open or concealed, and OCers have been in ALL the restaurants that have made the straddle the fence "requests". Basically the business appeased people LIKE YOU!

    Clearly you do not know what the hell you are talking about, but that is expected from those that worship the word "but".

    As far as Wannabe, your intro made it clear, the site you posted your blog made it VERY VERY CLEAR. The site is nothing more than a cop apologist site, full of anti freedom/liberty statists. Full of insults to those YOU have no clue about their loyalties and why they carry the way they carry. YOU made a bunch of insulting ASSumptions that you have absolutely no clue.

    You, like G21spistol, came to the wrong site to preach your hatred. When you do you will be shown the truth, with facts. If you are going to play this game at least get your poop straight.

    In fact the only people that I know of that were trespassed from Chipotle's was Moms Demand Action AFTER the supposed gun ban/non ban. Because they were harassing citizens lawfully open carrying firearms, again after the non ban.

    “It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.” Ronald Reagan
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 03-01-2015 at 02:58 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Dirty South
    Posts
    5
    “The issue of gun ownership or gun rights has become one of the most contentious debates in the country. Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food.
    Recently participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns (including military-style assault rifles) into one of our restaurants, causing many of our customers anxiety and discomfort. Because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.
    Historically, we felt it enough to simply comply with local laws regarding the open or concealed carrying of firearms, because we believe that it is not fair to put our team members in the uncomfortable position of asking that customers refrain from bringing guns into our restaurants. However, because the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers, we think it is time to make this request.
    We acknowledge that there are strong arguments on both sides of this issue. We have seen those differing positions expressed in the wake of this event in Texas, where pro-gun customers have contacted us to applaud our support of the Second Amendment, and anti-gun customers have expressed concern over the visible display of military-style assault rifles in restaurants where families are eating. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and we appreciate them honoring this request. And we hope that our customers who oppose the carrying of guns in public agree with us that it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area, not the role of businesses like Chipotle.
    We always welcome the exchange of ideas and opinions: it is one of the many things that make our country such a special place. But this issue is not central to the operation of our business, and we do not feel that our restaurants should be used as a platform for either side of the debate.”
    So they are respectfully asking for you to not bring your guns inside. Which is in turn not giving you permission to take a gun onto someone else's property. But because they didn't use the word "ban" I have no clue what I'm talking about.

    And I find it funny you quote Reagan, why don't you include some of his quotes circa 1986....

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    So they are respectfully asking for you to not bring your guns inside. [ ... ]
    Beggars respectful
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    I'm surprised this thread isn't locked and stache wasn't banned from OC.org for writing the article. Wow, things must be changing around here.

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    So they are respectfully asking for you to not bring your guns inside. Which is in turn not giving you permission to take a gun onto someone else's property. But because they didn't use the word "ban" I have no clue what I'm talking about.

    And I find it funny you quote Reagan, why don't you include some of his quotes circa 1986....
    No you don't know what you are talking about, they respectfully straddled a political fence, that is it. They could have legally banned guns, BUT THEY DID NOT. OCers have since OC'd in all those restaurants, and been welcomed there by management, MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD. Members on this board are OCT members, and they are not the insulting remarks you claimed.

    But what is apparent is YOU are a Cop worshiper, that is very clear from the site, and the blog. Some of the cops may have a twisted version of logic like you have displayed, but there are several cops, and retired cops on this board that do not take kindly to Cop brown-nosers who watch a few Cop TV shows, do a couple ride alongs, suck up to a few cops, and become suddenly experts.

    The facts are those OCT members were welcomed into Chipotle, there was law enforcement there that did not become alarmed at their presence. The only objection that I could see if you are not a hoplophobe, or a statist, is that one was too fat, or/and one was too short, and/or you did not like their clothing. Which does not speak highly of you. That and there never has been a violent crime committed in the presence of OCT members. They have a website in which they supply videos documenting the public support of them, outside the hoplophobes who are few compared to supporters. And because of OCT legal handgun OC is about to be passed in Texas, which BTW is where these incidents happened. If you had done an ounce of research you would know that LGOC is there only choice of OC, not that you care.

    Most of the I hate LGOC bandwagon has died or the wheels have fallen off, but there seems to be a couple stragglers. If you are going to write pompous hate filled blogs you should at least avail yourself of easy to find research before looking like a fool and an agent provocateur. By the way hitching to Gecko45's wagon is not the brightest internet move on any gun board. But if you ask him maybe he will let you ride along on his mall golf kart where he claims to be super SWAT mall cop. Since I am just guessing as he is the one who brought you here to push your absurd agenda with him.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Skidmark, thanks for the welcome.

    Well, bless your heart for noticing.

    I spent about an hour trying to type a response to each of your points but to be quite honest it became very redundant because unfortunately I believe what I was trying to convey with my article escaped you. I will try to clarify it for you so hopefully you will understand what I am trying to say.

    First off, this article was not directed at every person who open carries. Well technically it was, but the majority of you fall under the first type of open carrier which leaves most if not all of the second type (the part you found offensive) not applying directly to you. By your own words while countering my article, I gather that you are not out looking for conflict,
    But I am. Each and every day I am looking for it. Amazingly, I do not find it very often.

    Again, you seem to have a notion of what "conflict" is that differs from my notion, and perhaps the understanding of many
    of the others here.

    and if it finds you, you seem to be the kind of guy who is willing to educate those who are not so informed, instead of acting like a jerk.
    Aha! You are making a value judgement about the behavior of others and presuming to force that value judgement
    on the rest of us. When and from whom was this knowledge of the "proper and accepted" manner of carrying received?

    In my article I said that a majority of people can be drowned out by a small but vocal minority. Here is why the article is beneficial for everyone to read, the ripples from that small but vocal minority effects us all. You mention Texas specifically, here is a great example of what I am talking about. What happened to the Constitutional Carry Bill? What small group made donkeys out of themselves and got that squashed for everyone in the state?
    When did the goal of being allowed to openly carry a holstered handgun morph into the goal of achieving "Constitutional
    Carry"?

    And yes I mentioned Texas because that's where the persons in your picture were. You have admitted that you were too
    lazy to grab another visual - even though as you say YouTube is chock full of alternates

    To help answer some of your other questions, click on the post that is embedded in the article. You will find the video that caused the debate that in turn caused me to write the article.
    I see a picture of the two guys with long guns in Chipoltles. I see a screen-cap of a Facebook page. What I do NOT see
    an embedded video - until I have clicked at things a few more times. I am wondering if it was sheer laziness on your
    part or an indication of your not knowing how to embed a video. What I come up with is a thrid possibility, and that is
    neither nice nor complimentary.

    In short, if the guy recording the video was interested in "educating the public" and putting open carriers in a more positive light, it would have been helpful to perhaps start by being nice.
    I agree. But then the person who was not "being nice" is the one who demands that his "A-Thor-It-Tay" be respected.
    Even though the courts seem to be on a spree of saying cops do not need to know what the law is if their "intentions"
    were good, the limits of the 4th Amendment have been pretty well established for a long time. The cop pulling out and
    displaying his patrol carbine, along with the words he uses, are a textbook example of a full custodial arrest. The guy being
    stopped clearly invokes both his 4th and 5th Amendment rights and the cop clearly ignores those rights. Is that "being
    nice"?

    Let's go to the cop's basic premise - that the guy may not be legally "allowed" to walk down the street with a gun (as the
    cop clearly states) "strapped to your hip". What Probable Cause does that cop have that the individual may in fact be
    someone who is prohibited by law from openly carrying a long gun in a non-threatening manner in public? What's that?
    Something about he might in fact not be lawfully carrying? I presume you have a car - and I presume that you would
    agree that absent some other provocation the mere sight of you driving down the street does not give a cop the right to stop you in order to determine if you may be legally prohibited from driving down the road (and all that while taking into consideration
    that driving is a privilege rather than a right).

    Again, it seems to boil down to the "fact" that you possess the knowledge of the right and proper and accepted way and
    condemn all those that disagree with your opinion.

    You have but a single position to stand on, and but a single leg to use in doing so. It is not only my considered opinion
    but the only way for you to proceed (see, I have Received Knowledge too) is to give up while you still can. But this being
    the internet you will most likely ignore the Received Knowledge and continue to demand that when there are multiple
    lawful choices of behavior only the one approved by you should be allowed.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  20. #20
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    I'm surprised this thread isn't locked and stache wasn't banned from OC.org for writing the article. Wow, things must be changing around here.
    I'm surprised Gecko45 still comes here to be embarrassed. The fact is, when people like you show up it allows us to hammer home what extreme fallacies the haters fear. Basically it is fun to make fun of you for posting completely false assumptions.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I'm surprised Gecko45 still comes here to be embarrassed. The fact is, when people like you show up it allows us to hammer home what extreme fallacies the haters fear. Basically it is fun to make fun of you for posting completely false assumptions.
    i have yet to be embarrassed. i enjoy watching how you live in fantasy world thinking you are "educating people" yet, you have a bunch of businesses not wanting OCers to show their faces.

  22. #22
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    i have yet to be embarrassed. i enjoy watching how you live in fantasy world thinking you are "educating people" yet, you have a bunch of businesses not wanting OCers to show their faces.
    As usual you are full of poop. The only people who have been ejected from those businesses have been mad mothers against intelligence, and responsibility. You have made your fear, and hatred of OC well known, fortunately there are not many like you. The fact that you are still posting anti OC lies on a OC site shows that you are either a fool or a agent provocateur. Neither something a person should be proud of. The fact IS that OC is growing, soon handgun OC will be legal in Texas, and no matter how much whimpering you do or dragging other AP's to this site will stop it.

    But at least you have accomplished becoming one of the funniest sig lines in the history of OCDO. Maybe we will get a few more funny one liners from you.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  23. #23
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Stache, Welcome to OCDO, I hope you stay a while.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    ..... I am here because one reader posted this threads link on our Facebook page where I figured if I was going to be called a "Another cop wannabe that is annoyed by the people carrying" I should at least be present to defend myself.
    If WalkingWolf would have read the article he would have found that I am actually all for open carry. I am not here to provoke, actually just the opposite. But thanks for the warm welcome none the less...
    You sound very much like your friend g21. He has already established himself here and demonstrated his bias. You are known by the company you keep.

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    First, welcome to OCDO.

    Really.

    One of the purposes of open carry is to educate the public to the fact that the open carry of firearms does not automatically result in the open carrier "going off" on some sort of killing spree.

    I look forward to your responses. stay safe.
    It is what we do.

    Quote Originally Posted by g21sfpistol View Post
    i have yet to be embarrassed. i enjoy watching how you live in fantasy world thinking you are "educating people" yet, you have a bunch of businesses not wanting OCers to show their faces.
    Yes.....the all knowing g21.......Your reputation precedes you.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    As usual you are full of poop. The only people who have been ejected from those businesses have been mad mothers against intelligence, and responsibility. You have made your fear, and hatred of OC well known, fortunately there are not many like you. The fact that you are still posting anti OC lies on a OC site shows that you are either a fool or a agent provocateur. Neither something a person should be proud of. The fact IS that OC is growing, soon handgun OC will be legal in Texas, and no matter how much whimpering you do or dragging other AP's to this site will stop it.

    But at least you have accomplished becoming one of the funniest sig lines in the history of OCDO. Maybe we will get a few more funny one liners from you.
    ah straight to the insults. you haven't changed. i have yet to see you prove ANY of your claims. If I'm lying you need to back up your claim and prove it. and heck if you are faster, get your 6 shooter make a video ad time yourself. ah but you never would.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Stache, Welcome to OCDO, I hope you stay a while.




    You sound very much like your friend g21. He has already established himself here and demonstrated his bias. You are known by the company you keep.



    It is what we do.



    Yes.....the all knowing g21.......Your reputation precedes you.
    stache has no idea who i am by the way. and i come here for the laughs. its like watching libs talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •