Thread: Dr. Nina Radcliff, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”

Dr. Nina Radcliff, “Keep Calm and Carry On.”

A new study published in European Heart Journal found that having an episode of intense anger may be associated with an 8.5 times greater risk of having a heart attack for two hours after! And in those with anxiety, it increased to 9.5 times greater risk. Let’s take a look at why we should take to heart the advice “Keep Calm and Carry On.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-blowing-your/

One officer who went through the three-day program called it unrealistic and “silly.” He said at one point they were given breathing exercises to learn how to calm down in a hostile situation. They said if you find yourself in a situation that’s getting heated, take a step back, close your eyes and take a deep breath,” he told the Post. “That’s pretty funny — that I would close my eyes in a tense situation.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-close-eyes-b/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-28-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Sounds like another version of the old sensitivity training we received 3 days a worth wow. I am sure the good doctor never had any body try to do her bodily harm.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I don't think she would advocate for doing this in a tense, possibly life-threatening situation, but rather in a "I can't believe that reckless man just cut me off" situation, as the article says.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I don't think she would advocate for doing this in a tense, possibly life-threatening situation, but rather in a "I can't believe that reckless man just cut me off" situation, as the article says.
    Closing your eyes and taking a deep breath while you're driving might not be the best idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    Closing your eyes and taking a deep breath while you're driving might not be the best idea either.
    Fair enough.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A new study published in European Heart Journal found that having an episode of intense anger may be associated with an 8.5 times greater risk of having a heart attack for two hours after! And in those with anxiety, it increased to 9.5 times greater risk.
    I suppose if you're the sort who blows his or her stack often, you might want to carry around a tin of 350 mg aspirin. If you're pinging, it might behoove you to pop one in your mouth and start chewing.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.