• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry on the strip and make a quick 100 bucks

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is funny!

Too far to drive for that size reward (if he would even be there AND pay up) though.

garand_guy

I open carried Downtown with a whole group from here. I'd go to the Strip right now, except it's raining and it's Sunday night.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I just finally sat down after a long day and came to this forum first. Looks like I'm in for some entertainment when I get over to Nevada Shooters, eh? I hope I'm not too late to claim my $100 before he's forced to renege.

ed2276

You know what would be a way cool pic to show the dude? If you could get a couple of Metro cops to pose with you while open carrying. That would shut him up about going to jail for OC.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I read the thread over there, and it just wasn't worth $100 to me to have to do it. OC'ing on the Strip would have been the easy part, but then I'd have to go meet him to collect.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He suddenly went quiet after some pics were posted.
How was that crow served? As a main course I trust...
icon14.png

The best way to eat crow is with grace, a dash of salt and some ketchup...:lol:

odesskiy

I can't believe people still believe "cops will make you eat asphalt for open carrying on the strip". We did it what, 5 years ago? Even walked through Harrah's and had zero contact with security or police. That was the evening we met Travis Barrick, who was then running for NV Attorney General. I'm sure we could dig up some pictures, should be easily worth $100 lol.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I haven't heard anything about a payout. Weasel out is my guess.
Does anybody know who he really is?

Can't very well follow through if we don't. Last I heard, he had gone silent on the original site after a few people had responded.

Last edited:

garand_guy

Does anybody know who he really is?

Can't very well follow through if we don't. Last I heard, he had gone silent on the original site after a few people had responded.

I tried, but my Google Fu failed. You'd have to go through every post, Google every instance of his user name and cross-reference every CCW instructor in the Green Valley area of Henderson. But rest assured, if I find out, Nevada Carry will have to recommend that other instructors be used. An attitude like that is NOT what gun students need.