Thread: Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Video Exonerates Man Set Up By Louisiana Cops And Prosecutors

If not for cell phone video, 47-year-old disabled veteran Douglas Dendinger could be going to prison — because of an apparent coordinated effort by Washington Parish, La. cops and prosecutors who falsely accused him of battery and witness intimidation.
    http://news.yahoo.com/video-exonerat...202632601.html

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Total vigilance day after day after day.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Another Isolated Incident.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Whew!!!

This seems like a conspiracy. It is unbelievable to me that so many can conspire to fabricate a story. Let's see what happens to those involved in lying.

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    This seems like a conspiracy. It is unbelievable to me that so many can conspire to fabricate a story. Let's see what happens to those involved in lying.
    Yup if ever there were a more slam dunk case for Conspiracy Against Rights, I don't know what is... now if only we had any prosecutors with enough balls to do their job.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by fjpro2a View Post
    Too funny...

Their fate is irrelevant at this juncture.

The local coverage states that unambiguous evidence exists that criminal felonies were committed by many, though, no mention of conspiracy charges being filed, could've been.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loca...ered/24039559/
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

OK, Eric Holder where are you? What's that you say??? Equal??? Some are more equal than others. That's what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Another Isolated Incident.
    Is this a case of one bad apple being protected by many who have a misunderstanding of the current laws? Yeah, isolated incident...isolated to several LEAs and prosecutor's offices. Does this border on LEO bashing due to the magnitude of the state agents involved...I certainly hope not.

Where are all of the good cops/prosecutors? They are the majority...no?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Is this a case of one bad apple being protected by many who have a misunderstanding of the current laws? Yeah, isolated incident...isolated to several LEAs and prosecutor's offices. Does this border on LEO bashing due to the magnitude of the state agents involved...I certainly hope not.

No it is not. Not one good cop was bashed. This is national news of corruption in office. Everyone accused took an oath. Did they breach that duty? It appears that way.

I was happy to see Walter Reed lose his position to Montgomery. Let's see if the new guy will do his job.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    No it is not. Not one good cop was bashed. This is national news of corruption in office. Everyone accused took an oath. Did they breach that duty? It appears that way.
    That is not the litmus test. If a group is bashed, rather than just discussing the singular incident, it is a violation of the rules. This thread would seem to be precariously close to crossing the line.

Additionally, those that would seek out and post a volume of stories about bad apples will gain unfavorable attention. Been said before, OCDO has no intention of becoming another Cop Watch
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Direct link to YouTube video
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnVdYWDGTkQ#
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Grapeshot / I find this story somewhat OC related - meaning: it shows the need for all citizens that interact with LE to video those interactions. As OCers we are considered by some rogue officers to be "f"ing freedom fighters who need to be schooled.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-02-2015 at 11:18 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Grapeshot / I find this story somewhat OC related - meaning: it shows the need for all citizens that interact with LE to video those interactions. As OCers we are considered by some rogue officers to be "f"ing freedom fighters who need to be schooled.
    On that basis all Leo stops/interaction would have standing - note I am not saying they couldn't, but it is not an automatic pass.

I did retain the thread, just moved it to the state in which it occurred.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So WHY aren't these leo's being prosecuted? They lied, to protect themselves and imprison an innocent. Its not right and should not be tolerated. Why do these clowns still have jobs? Go ahead and try to convince me its all because they have a hard job and want to go home tonight. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by skin'erback View Post
    So WHY aren't these leo's being prosecuted? They lied, to protect themselves and imprison an innocent. Its not right and should not be tolerated. Why do these clowns still have jobs? Go ahead and try to convince me its all because they have a hard job and want to go home tonight. Right.
    That is the problem with any "system" those on the inside always going to be treated differently than those on the outside. Look at it this way, if the system truly worked equally, I would be allowed to have members of my family investigate me if it is alleged I have committed a crime. Then pending their fair and unbiased investigation, they will decide wether or not I should stand trial or not. Sounds fair right? Yeah I think so too. ???
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 03-30-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skin'erback View Post
    some still work in the way of the goode olde boy's past skin'r...unless they (BG) politically upset or embarrass someone higher up, who's truly going to go after the goode olde boys of washington parish?

i'm sure twas just a misunderstanding amongst friends, ya that's it simple misunderstanding ~ now come on over and sit and let's share some crayfish and a beer...

ipse

tho a query...if the accused had a video allllllll along...why the delay in producing it to judicial overseers???
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    some still work in the way of the goode olde boy's past skin'r...unless they (BG) politically upset or embarrass someone higher up, who's truly going to go after the goode olde boys of washington parish?

i'm sure twas just a misunderstanding amongst friends, ya that's it simple misunderstanding ~ now come on over and sit and let's share some crayfish and a beer...

ipse

tho a query...if the accused had a video allllllll along...why the delay in producing it to judicial overseers???
    ...a back-up, hidden in a few juke boxes around town, with instructions, if something strange happens.

...easy, no?

Unhappy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1843.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	12456
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

This reminds me of a 1934 John Wayne movie, the sheriff and mayor were trying to steal the old ranchers land
    by a conspiring, and the rancher had a nice daughter and she liked John Wayne
    Well we all know how it turned out, however where are the John Waynes of today ?
    local courts are no good ! File under Federal laws.
    Arrest the bad guys and take them to your State "Federal Court" !

Robin47

Quote Originally Posted by Robin47 View Post
    This reminds me of a 1934 John Wayne movie, the sheriff and mayor were trying to steal the old ranchers land
    by a conspiring, and the rancher had a nice daughter and she liked John Wayne
    Well we all know how it turned out, ...
    John Wayne was a terrorist!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    John Wayne was a terrorist!
    Thats what they call Patriots today, nothing new thought they also called our
    founding fathers "Rebels Rousers" !:0

Besides John Wayne came from Iowa, and that is my home State too
    However I might move to the great State of Nevada where the free people live.
    Carry on
    Robin47